1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

N.D.C. Made By Hand

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by phoenixrecon, Apr 6, 2010.

1. bakatora

bakatora Well-Known Member

^ definitely pick those up. i own a pair and they're ridiculously comfortable. insole feels like walking on a pillow.

2. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Well-Known Member

^ definitely pick those up. i own a pair and they're ridiculously comfortable. insole feels like walking on a pillow.

Seconded. Own a pair as well. So comfortable.

3. Curious_George

Curious_George Well-Known Member

Anyone know if their boots run larger than the shoes? I'm a regular 11.5 in some boots and shoes but a couple of the boots I've looked at only come in 11 or 12, so I'm trying to see if I'd want to go up or down in that case.

4. blynch

blynch Well-Known Member

Anyone know if their boots run larger than the shoes? I'm a regular 11.5 in some boots and shoes but a couple of the boots I've looked at only come in 11 or 12, so I'm trying to see if I'd want to go up or down in that case.
    the pair of boots I recently got from yoox was tts or even a hair small. I'm a 10-10.5US and could not size down comfortably to the 43. So if you are between sizes I would probably size up for boots. Someone posted earlier that ndc is really hit or miss size wise, so you won't really know till you get them.

5. clausc

clausc Well-Known Member

My wingtips from Yoox receieved yesterday
    Long and narrow, but TTS. Styling and last similar to Paul Smith Miller or Starr
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. qma

qma Well-Known Member

I have heard that they are a bitch to deal with for the retailers (either them or the agent). I know several who has stocked them but ended it due to this, and some who refuse to stock for the same reason.

Anyone know more in depht what this is about?

7. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^does it really matter for us?

8. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Yeah I care about stuff like that. Not necessarily to the extent of a boycott but it makes a diff to me.

9. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I have these. They're fucking great. I've worn them consistently for about a month (wore them a little in the winter but not much) and I can STILL smell the leather sometimes when I'm sitting around.

Here is the general rules I've seen everywhere: the sizing is different for every model since the lasts are so different. Even if sized properly, they'll feel just a little small. They will stretch to fit your foot. I actually got the boots 1/2 size large (they fit 1/2 large, too) and, yup, they stretched a little.

Whoever said they're considered the best mid-tier brand, that's also what I've heard. Apparently the biggest competitor, Fiorentini and Baker, is lacking in durability.

10. qma

qma Well-Known Member

^does it really matter for us?

Never mind if it matters to anyone else or not. I am interested simply because I enjoy being broadly informed - its sort of my thang.

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

Not to derail the thread too much but that's rather nonsensical. Alexander McQueen was (at least at times) an arrogant asshole, doesn't mean that his work is any worse

12. qma

qma Well-Known Member

Not to derail the thread too much but that's rather nonsensical. Alexander McQueen was (at least at times) an arrogant asshole, doesn't mean that his work is any worse

How could you possibly interpret the question this way? It is purely an interest in the backgrounds of the business, it does not affect any judgement of the products quality/esthetics.

I love NDC and I would like more stores to stock them. If some retailers did not have an issue with them, the amount of stockists would naturally be of a greater quantity.

13. theom-

theom- Well-Known Member

how does the sizing on the boots run?

14. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Well-Known Member

Good quality, stylish shoes that can be found on deep discount.

I got a dress oxford one and they my best shoes, payed 350 euros for them.

Where can I but them cheap?

thanks

15. SpallaCamiccia

My wingtips from Yoox receieved yesterday Long and narrow, but TTS. Styling and last similar to Paul Smith Miller or Starr [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Ey, I tried that model in a more lighter brown, but couldn´t find my size. Yoox? I want them!!!! If not where could I find them? Please help me find them in 42 . By the way, this ones are nice, but I prefer yours http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/N.D.C....Q/sts/sr_men80

16. clausc

clausc Well-Known Member

Too late! There were many sizes, sold out on Yoox at the end of March
    Ey, I tried that model in a more lighter brown, but couldn´t find my size.

Yoox?

I want them!!!! If not where could I find them?

Please help me find them in 42 .

By the way, this ones are nice, but I prefer yours
    http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/N.D.C....Q/sts/sr_men80

17. SpallaCamiccia

Too late! There were many sizes, sold out on Yoox at the end of March

Ah thanks for the link, I couldn´t find them.

But I tried that model in a more lighter brown than those. I liked more.

Where could I find them? I sent an email to ndc.

18. cez

cez Well-Known Member

I have a few pairs NDC's and just picked up the Gianni boot's. All were purchased way below retail. I have zero complaints. The quality is great, imo. Each pair looks and feels like it was hand crafted with care. You can tell they put a lot of love in them. They do run 1/2 larger, however they also run narrow so take that into consideration before you size down.

Here are some pics of the few I have.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. SpallaCamiccia

I have a few pairs NDC's and just picked up the Gianni boot's. All were purchased way below retail. I have zero complaints. The quality is great, imo. Each pair looks and feels like it was hand crafted with care. You can tell they put a lot of love in them. They do run 1/2 larger, however they also run narrow so take that into consideration before you size down.

Here are some pics of the few I have.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those two eyelet ones look nice. Are them as good as usual ndc ones?

Nice collection man!

20. blynch

blynch Well-Known Member

anyone have the suede olive boots? If so fit pics are required, I'm seriously considering ordering a pair even though I really don't need boots right now.