1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

mytailor.com houston stop - SF made me a bad customer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by raley, Jun 10, 2006.

1. dantheman

dantheman Member

Seems like he saw that you knew your stuff when it came to shirts and that you also were quite particular with what you were after and he probably wasn't confident that his product would be up to your standard. But rember, it is a budget option for MTM shirts. So you are going to get budget service, and a budget outcome.

2. plhoang

plhoang Well-Known Member

After this, he proceeded to tell me that he did not think I would be satisfied with the shirts that he was going to make me.

I think, on this, he was probably right.

3. WestIndianArchie

WestIndianArchie Well-Known Member

[​IMG] the old saying "you get what you pay for!" First, If you showed him a split yoke and he did not know what it was, that was the grand opportunity to walk right out the door. Second, anyone who has seen any type of Mother of pearl button whether its Australian or not knows the difference between MOP and plastic! Typical of these guys though. They give the industry a bad name. And none of them are well dressed, ever! so why buy from a guy that looks worse than you? makes no sense.
    We produce shirts with split yokes standard, MOP buttons standard, and we usually place the monograms inside the yoke. We only use the best Italian and English shirting cloth. The shirt is hand-made!
    www.marlonaustin.com

You really need to shoot your web designer.

4. Orsini

Orsini Well-Known Member

In my quest for the perfectly fitted shirt (between Jantzen iterations, that is), I decided to pay Ram Keswani of mytailor.com a visit today in the Westin Galleria Hotel here in Houston.....
    The customer is always right. It sounds to me like he was trolling for suckers and you did not bite. Good for you.