1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by medtech_expat, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Lightbringer

Lightbringer Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to seeing Mina tomorrow. Seeing her in Boston will mean that I have seen her four different cities so far, which amuses me greatly.

2. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

They call it navy and ecru with a dark green windowpane. The effect is kind of a cool gray. I'm DTO-ing NOBD. 2-pc SB, but with flap pockets.

[​IMG]

i would love a suit made out of that fabric

3. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

Black shoes?

They call it navy and ecru with a dark green windowpane. The effect is kind of a cool gray. I'm DTO-ing NOBD. 2-pc SB, but with flap pockets.

[​IMG]

4. Kaplan

Kaplan Well-Known Member

Yes. Gray flannel is my favorite kind of suit to wear, so I don't mind having a few. This will be a PoW from Fox Flannel so a little different.
    Sounds good. Do you regret getting patch pockets on the solid grey flannel suit or are the flaps on this one just because you like the diversity and/or that you feel they're better suited to this fabric?

5. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

Flap pockets! Great. I'm glad that you've finally come to your senses
    [​IMG] I still love a good patch pocket. But, some suits just call for flaps.
    I am looking forward to seeing Mina tomorrow. Seeing her in Boston will mean that I have seen her four different cities so far, which amuses me greatly.
    You're 1 city ahead of me.
    Black shoes?
    Black is back! Move it up a notch on the iGent hype cycle. [​IMG]
    Sounds good. Do you regret getting patch pockets on the solid grey flannel suit or are the flaps on this one just because you like the diversity and/or that you feel they're better suited to this fabric?
    No regrets. I was having some fun with that. Generally, I like patch pockets on sport coats and casual suits and flaps for more formal fabrics. Gray flannel probably calls for flaps, but I think sometimes you can go either way.

6. TheTukker

TheTukker Well-Known Member

[​IMG][/

Very nice; can't even see the green..

7. Kaplan

Kaplan Well-Known Member

No regrets. I was having some fun with that. Generally, I like patch pockets on sport coats and casual suits and flaps for more formal fabrics. Gray flannel probably calls for flaps, but I think sometimes you can go either way.
    Gotcha, thanks. Btw, when you next speak with Mina, please tell her to make a quick stop in Copenhagen :laugh:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  8. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

Very nice; can't even see the green..

I had the swatch on my desk for weeks and didn't see it... But it's there.

9. gusvs

gusvs Well-Known Member

Gotcha, thanks. Btw, when you next speak with Mina, please tell her to make a quick stop in Copenhagen [​IMG]

You're more than welcome to see her in Stockholm [​IMG] Next time is in Sep.

10. Kaplan

Kaplan Well-Known Member

I was about to check with you when she'd be back. Which dates?

11. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

What happened to trying to get her to Singapore or was it HK ?

12. Lightbringer

Lightbringer Well-Known Member

My understanding is that (after talking to her) she doesn't feel like she can expand her tour schedule adequately to service these places regularly.

That said, I am trying to persuade her to come to Singapore so she can holiday in Bali and perhaps bring my commissions with her =D

13. gusvs

gusvs Well-Known Member

September 17th.

14. brescd01

brescd01 Well-Known Member

How does one contact Mina? I wrote her a few days ago at the email on her web site and I have had no reply.

15. Kaplan

Kaplan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  16. _AMD

_AMD Well-Known Member

She will reply to any email sent to that address. Mina and Dino are both very busy, but are also both very responsive. I would give a little more time for a response, and check your junk mail folder. If you continue to have issues, it could be an email/provider issue. If so, you can feel free to PM me your contact info, and I will ask them to reach out to you.

Aaron

17. bullethead

bullethead Well-Known Member

two pair of trousers-one to go with a lighter than navy mohair jacket which i will receive monday-the other a blue flannel with a grayish tint. beautiful fabric which i haven't seen many examples of in the wild.
    also, a db overcoat in a brown herringbone for late fall/early spring type weather.

18. bullethead

19. bullethead

20. T4phage

T4phage Well-Known Member

you are right it is not very prominent
    quite subdued