1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by medtech_expat, Oct 31, 2010.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  2. Kaplan

Kaplan Well-Known Member

While it's odd that it should be necessary, it's also not really a big deal so I just supplied the info.

1 person likes this.
  3. marcodalondra

marcodalondra Well-Known Member

I think this may be due to them delivering some or most garments during the trips they make, therefore having not materials proof of delivering outside EU for IVA (value added tax, only applicable within EU) exclusions. Full clients details must be declared on tax forms. With my family business back home we some time ship out containers and that makes the declarations easy as they happen at the port.

4. alliswell

alliswell Well-Known Member

Nope.

He's a 38.

5. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

Have to agree about the shoes. A pair of G&G Cambridge in Vintage Oak, or say, a pair of EG Dover in Mink Suede would greatly improve that extremely nice outfit.

In regards of lapels, I'm all for wide ones, but one has to have the frame for it, of course.

This is my first suit from NSM. Lapel is about 10 cm, shoulder about 19.5 cm. My next SCs will have the same width lapels but one even slightly wider, a brown Donegal, the cloth called for it IMO, I'll post pics later when I get it. Feedback welcome.
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Well-Known Member

On the one hand, that sounds like a very funny book. On the other I'm not sure I want to know where my surgeon's hands have been.

7. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Well-Known Member

Nice post.

2 people like this.
  8. S K M

S K M Well-Known Member

Looking great from what I can see! I really hope NSM would stop by Copenhagen one day so feel free to pitch the idea for them next time they're around. Stockholm is a bit far, even when living in Copenhagen :(

9. Despos

Despos Well-Known Member

A lot of work to make this post but nothing mentioned here is relevant or accurate.

What all three jackets have in common is canvass. What is different is how the maker wants to form/shape the canvass to sit on the shoulder. NSM stretches the canvass and it turns up. The others don't. The Rubi is tight at the shoulder point and doesn't touch the neck. For the shoulder to be concave or straight or sometimes convex is all about the construction technique and all of these can be done with or without using shoulder pads.

The red line produced on the jacket is an outline of the internal seam of the jacket and the sleeve which are both turned under the shoulder.

Almost all, 99.9%, of sleeves have a sleeve head attached, not on the shoulder but at the top/crown of the sleeve. The sleeve head is made from different fabrics or a mix of different materials sewn on the outlet of the sleeve to fill in the crown and front of the sleeve and continues to just past the seam on the back of the sleeve. Some like thin sleeve heads or maybe just a bias cut piece of hymo or soft fleece. It's all up to the maker and the expression they want to create.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    9 people like this.
  10. kulata

kulata Well-Known Member

Probably puts an end to the misguided pa fucked argument and get people to post great clothing

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  11. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

It is amazing what can be done with simple shaping in a jacket...

12. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Well-Known Member

13. mkarim

mkarim Well-Known Member

+100

14. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Well-Known Member

Funny enough the shoulder on the Rubinacci is by far the most extended. To the point where people who generally don't notice these things will comment on it.

But maybe you mean something else by 'tight at the shoulder point.'

2 people like this.
  15. coolpapa

coolpapa Well-Known Member

So much win.

16. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

Cantabrigian, I notice your NSM has a lot more drape than mine. Was it a request?

17. Concordia

Concordia Well-Known Member

At my last visit with Mina and Dino, it came out that Sic Tess cottons are by Bonfanti. Had anyone else heard that? It would explain why those feel as nice as they do.

18. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised. I've only purchased from Bonfanti 3-4 times, but it always seemed like a small operation. Not sure they would have the capacity.

19. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

Mina said she knows this because she paid Bonfanti directly for it. Not sure if it is all the fabrics or just the one I was looking at. I thought it was the linen. . .

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  20. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Well-Known Member

Interesting- was it linen/cotton? There was one in the SIC Tess book that looks exactly like what I just had made up from Bonfanti.....