• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Shoe Collection - PG13

Associate

Reaction score
Here is my collection, assembled mostly over the last 4 years. Most acquired in NY during Barney's/BG/Saks sales, and a few over the internet. I did a quick calculation and I believe the total cost was somewhat above $3,000. The shoe tress are mostly vintage lasted tress, purchased on Ebay one at a time. It's a crapshoot as to size and fit, but every couple of purchases I nail a good one.

Next purchase would be probably loafers, which are not represented at all at this point. Enjoy, and Sorry for the picture quality - still experimenting.

Attachment 454

C&J Clifford on 337.

Attachment 455

Peluso Goodyear welted from B&G.

Attachment 456

Heschung Edition Heritage from Barney's.

Attachment 457

Kenzo French made boot, bought 10 years ago.

Attachment 458

TomW

Reaction score
Quite a nice collection, but for the love of God, apply some TLC. A few hours and assorted cremes and polishes and you'd raise the level of the collection from quite nice to WOW.

Associate

Reaction score
Quite a nice collection, but for the love of God, apply some TLC. A few hours and assorted cremes and polishes and you'd raise the level of the collection from quite nice to WOW.
When I looked at the post I was kinda thinking the same thing...

Most of these shoes get a shine at least every two weeks, and I suspect the harsh lighting really brings out the worst. But then again, Almost all are in my rotation and get serious mileage. A good percentage had a resole already. I kinda like my shoes to acquire "character" for lack of a better word. I prefer a well-shined, somewhat worn shoe with a suit to a brand new one. That said, when I have to attend a board meeting, I do wear my newest black shoe of the moment.

Cuff Link

Reaction score
You have a great collection but the shoes look mistreated. Any shoe shine shop will do an adequate job and you can do better.

Remember the first thing people look at is your shoes. Scruffy shoes no matter what kind take away from your appearance. Remember the old saying that you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Cuff

Associate

Reaction score
Boy. Tough crowd. It's like my army days all over again.

montmorency

Reaction score
The problem might be that the pictures were taken on bare wooden floors. Try taking pictures of the shoes on an oriental carpet; every time it has been done has proven to be a real crowd pleaser.

Fishbone

Reaction score
Great collection, since I could npt find any shoe collection posts, I start by reviving this one haha

For my "nice collection" I own:
Crockett and Jones Connaught Oxford shoes Black with leather sole
Crockett and Jones Norwich Derby shoes Black with dainite sole
Crockett and Jones x Paul Smith Theo Oxford Brogue's Black with leather sole
Cheaney's Albany Derby Shoes Black with leather sole
Cheaney's Broad Derby Brogue Shoes Black with dainite sole
Church's Burwood Oxford Brogue shoes Mahogany brown with leather sole
Allen Edmonds Park Avenue Oxford Brogue shoes Brown with leather sole

For my workhorse shoes I own:
1 Black Monkstrap with rubber sole
1 Black Derby Swedish army dress shoe

Anyone have any good recommendations of workhorse shoes?

I am looking for a pair of dress shoes for my workhorse shoe collection, for days when I just need to "get on with stuff".

To give everyone a picture of my needs. I wear suits everyday, have 1-2 "nice" work days whereas I wear my "nice" shoes and tailored or bespoke suits, usually Fridays when it is more calm at the office and I do not need to run around the city.
And for 3-4 days each week, I wear my workhorse suits which are usually MTM or OTR, which are days I need to run around the city and essentially just "getting on with it."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads