1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

My new Indochino.com suit with pics....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shazeh, Sep 15, 2009.

1. neyus

neyus Well-Known Member

Something looks very odd about the suit. Its seems to fit you well but the proportions are all wrong.

2. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Well-Known Member

Did you get that rug from Target? I think I have the same one. lol.

3. Chips

Chips Well-Known Member

It appears to have too much waist supression making your hips look quite wide and rather feminine. The fact that the photo's are poorly lit and the suit is of a dark material only emphasizes this.

4. shazeh

shazeh Well-Known Member

The suit looks good, but the shoes and belt get two thumbs down.

yeah i dont like the belt much either, whats wrong with the shoes?

5. Zenny

Zenny Well-Known Member

yeah i dont like the belt much either, whats wrong with the shoes?

What appears to be a square toe. They are hated by the forum.

6. shazeh

shazeh Well-Known Member

I dunno, the waist looks off to me. Too much suppression? It makes your hips look unnaturally big.

could this be because of my own measurements? my chest measures 35 inches, my waist is 29 inches and my jacket hips area measures 36.5 inches. My problem is because my waist is so small, most suits look baggy around that waist area, i like that this one doesnt.

7. shazeh

shazeh Well-Known Member

What appears to be a square toe. They are hated by the forum.

haha, yes they are square toe. duly noted. anyone recommend a place online or in the washington, dc area that I can get good belts. Again, because of my 29 inch waist, its hard to find decent belts in my size.

8. NukeMeSlowly

NukeMeSlowly Well-Known Member

haha, yes they are square toe. duly noted. anyone recommend a place online or in the washington, dc area that I can get good belts. Again, because of my 29 inch waist, its hard to find decent belts in my size.

You could always take them to a cobbler and have them remove a few inches (from the buckle end). It is a minor expense.

9. vncrz

vncrz Well-Known Member

i've bought a couple of ralph lauren belts at filene's basement for real cheap... there's one on ct ave, another one downtown and one in chevy chase i believe

10. asdf

asdf Well-Known Member

Good choice on going for a two button, double vent.
    Overall, this is a good fit, much better then most others I have seen. Nice!

Personally, these are the changes I would make to the suit:

- The shoulders are too wide. Have them about 1 inch smaller on each side. Something to keep in mind next time as now it will be hard and pricey to alter.
    - The sleeves would be slimmer all around.
    - The leg of the pants would be slimmer, and they would be cropped a bit more to not give the slight break/bunching at the ankles.

Also, I really can't tell but it looks like your bottom button is done. The rule is to keep the last button undone....

Hope this helps.

One inch on each side is an OUTRAGEOUSLY large reduction, fyi.

11. wmjarrell

wmjarrell Active Member

I have a 28" waist and have all my belts cut down for me. Any shoe repair place worth its salt should be able to cut a belt down to your specifications. You just have to be careful about getting a buckle that isn't too big for your overall body size.

For shoes, personally I like shipton & heneage (shipton-usa.com). I'm sure there are some quality dealers in DC, but I don't know any offhand.

12. GloStiX

GloStiX Well-Known Member

Looks good, only complaint I'd have is the pant legs seem a little too baggy for how snug your jacket is.

Does Indochino allow you to give special instructions in addition to them just plugging your numbers into an algorithm? Then one could avoid the adjustments and save the cost/time of ordering a second suit.

"I want my pants skintight with purple sequins"

13. shazeh

shazeh Well-Known Member

Looks good, only complaint I'd have is the pant legs seem a little too baggy for how snug your jacket is.

Does Indochino allow you to give special instructions in addition to them just plugging your numbers into an algorithm? Then one could avoid the adjustments and save the cost/time of ordering a second suit.

"I want my pants skintight with purple sequins"

The picture is a little misleading, the pants are actually kind of snug. Its much more noticeable when I am walking or standing in a manner other than what is shown in the picture i posted. What is the expression for male camel toe? Moose knuckle? there is a bit of that with these pants.

14. bowtielover

bowtielover Well-Known Member

It actually looks good, bravo considering it was an online purchase.