1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

My new F430

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by zjpj83, Aug 13, 2006.

1. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

haha, I got leather headliner and rear shelf too. The whole interior is leather except for some carbon fiber bits. The smell is really nice [​IMG] And yes, it takes corners very nicely

Probably smells like the souvenir shops back home in Limassol - well, minus the cigarette smoke (unless you are a smoker) [​IMG]

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

haha, I got leather headliner and rear shelf too. The whole interior is leather except for some carbon fiber bits. The smell is really nice [​IMG] And yes, it takes corners very nicely

Just give me 10 years man... and I'll have a cooler car

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

Just give me 10 years man... and I'll have a cooler car

I don't know, I'm a pretty knowledgeable car guy (granted, Z beats me senselessly when it comes to Ferrari's...) and I personally think the F430 is the best car Ferrari makes, indeed the coolest car Ferrari makes, and is actually the "˜truest' Ferrari made today, its both a road car that can be raced, just like the company itself: Enzo built road cars to finance the race team, thus the F430 is a road car, but it can always go to the track and race like a bat out of hell.

And no, I don't think the Enzo is cooler than the F430.

Jon.

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Perhaps a vintage one like a practical 250GTE.

5. briancl

briancl Well-Known Member

And yes, it takes corners very nicely

But until you put it on a track, you'll only know it can corner from what you've seen on Top Gear. Get it out there, man!

6. imageWIS

But until you put it on a track, you'll only know it can corner from what you've seen on Top Gear. Get it out there, man!

Don't tempt him! Damn it! He has to break it in first. Sigh...

Jon.

7. briancl

briancl Well-Known Member

Don't tempt him! Damn it! He has to break it in first. Sigh...

Jon.

I don't understand how it could be possible to own the car for this long and not have broken it in yet. What is the break-in period, 1200 miles?

8. imageWIS

I don't understand how it could be possible to own the car for this long and not have broken it in yet. What is the break-in period, 1200 miles?

How long has he owned the car? Plus I think he spends most of the time in the city, thus no driving. How many miles do you think the average Ferrari owner put son their cars anyways? I bet you it's a hell of a lot less than 12,000.

Jon.

9. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Well-Known Member

Like being INSIDE a cow, eh! Now that's luxury!! [​IMG]

10. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Well-Known Member

Oh wow that thing just looks so mean. If I owned a F430 (big if) I would be seeing if I could get ahold of a similar body panel kit from ferrari similar to the Challenge. Even the wheels are great.

First time I saw the 360 Stradale was an Italian restaurant owner's car in the SoHo area and left my jaw open.

"It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

11. imageWIS

"It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

Well, I'd rather have a SWB 250 California GT Spyder than an F430 (sorry Z).

[​IMG]

Jon.

12. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

Don't be sorry. So would I.

13. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

I don't know, I'm a pretty knowledgeable car guy (granted, Z beats me senselessly when it comes to Ferrari's...) and I personally think the F430 is the best car Ferrari makes, indeed the coolest car Ferrari makes, and is actually the "˜truest' Ferrari made today, its both a road car that can be raced, just like the company itself: Enzo built road cars to finance the race team, thus the F430 is a road car, but it can always go to the track and race like a bat out of hell.

And no, I don't think the Enzo is cooler than the F430.

Jon.

When I said I'd own a cooler ferrari in 10 years I meant the 275 GTB. Anyway I think the F430 looks great from the outside, but there's something about the interiors (the consoles in particular) then dont do it for me [​IMG]

14. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

Z,

You have to take much more pics (close ups) and post them. I am not going to even pretend that a 6 figure car is in my future.

15. UMass

UMass Well-Known Member

My favorite Ferrari to date is the 365GTB/4 but your 430 is also a great car. [​IMG]

16. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

Z,

You have to take much more pics (close ups) and post them. I am not going to even pretend that a 6 figure car is in my future.

Here are some for you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. visionology

visionology Well-Known Member

Is the radio any good (if you can hear it at all)? Curious what type of speakers they use in a stock $200,000 sports car.

18. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

19. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

Is the radio any good (if you can hear it at all)? Curious what type of speakers they use in a stock $200,000 sports car.
    It's really good. I got the Hi-Fi option which gives a big subwoofer between the seats, etc. I'm not sure who makes the system, but I have the manuals somewhere. It plays MP3 cds, which is pretty cool I guess. I don't know, I'll probably never use it - the engine is music enough.

20. imageWIS

[​IMG]

All that fake carbon fiber is so tacky! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You can tell however that the audio system was an afterthought...although really, as you said who cares about the sound system when the car provides its own?

Jon.