• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my Langes visit Atelier du Bracelet Parisien (pictorial)

GoneBabyGone

Reaction score
"Reasonably" priced alternative to ABP is Scarlett, near the Place Madeline. I got an honey-colored ostrich band for about 60 Euros earlier this year.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
The local and now defunct Lange dealer did something almost as bad when mine came back from routine servicing from the factory. I made them send it back at their cost to have the case refinished in Glaschutte. Shipping...I kid you not...was close to a $1K.

- B

Sometimes I think that Vox's fantastical stories of one-upmanship are just a carefully concocted bouquet of bullshit and that he laughs inside at anyone fanboyish enough to believe him. I may be the only one who's on to him, but I have no way to independently confirm, nor do I care enough to press the issue.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Seems like they treated you better than me. The woman changing out my strap to take measurements hacked several scratches and a gash into the back of my Portuguese. She used a repetitive hammering action to get the spring bar out. I've never seen anything like it. F*cking *****. Oh, then when I asked for a disposable polishing cloth to help get out the scratches, they refused unless I paid 60 euros for it.

I mail ordered some croc straps a few years back. Workmanship was very poor. I will never use them again.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I don't know. To this day, I have wondered what I could possibly have done to warrant such abusive service. Everywhere else we went in Paris treated us phenomenally well. Also, she was very careful with my wife's Reverso. Very, very odd.

Originally Posted by kolecho
I mail ordered some croc straps a few years back. Workmanship was very poor. I will never use them again.

My experience with ABP began only last year, so I can't speak to either quality or service from earlier periods. Having said that, I'm very pleased with both workmanship and service for my 3 straps. I had been corresponding with someone prior to this particular trip and missed her when in the shop - she went so far as to phone me the next day to ensure that everything was to my satisfaction.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
The local and now defunct Lange dealer did something almost as bad when mine came back from routine servicing from the factory. I made them send it back at their cost to have the case refinished in Glaschutte. Shipping...I kid you not...was close to a $1K.
I can easily imagine. That's why I'd never ever buy a watch from a place like Tourneau. If I ever get another nice watch I'll use Cellini, even if the discount is less, if only because they respect the product and only very carefully remove spring bars. When I got my Big Pilot from them years ago, they accidentally scratched the case back while swapping in an alligator strap. Without me even saying anything, they insisted on ordering me another one from Schauffhausen.
Originally Posted by Bull
Sometimes I think that Vox's fantastical stories of one-upmanship are just a carefully concocted bouquet of bullshit and that he laughs inside at anyone fanboyish enough to believe him. I may be the only one who's on to him, but I have no way to independently confirm, nor do I care enough to press the issue.
What did he say that was fantastical? He clearly owns a Lange, as we've seen it in photos. Moreover, his story is no different from hundreds I've heard on the internet. You can't count on people who sell high-end watches to know what they're doing. Anyway, I don't see how getting your Lange sent in for service at Alpha Omega clearly "one ups" getting your IWC 5001 a new strap in Paris.

LaoHu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
carefully concocted bouquet of bullshit

Nice alliteration, in reverse alphabetical order no less.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LaoHu
Nice alliteration, in reverse alphabetical order no less.

I think that we are overdue for a good thoub pic in WAYWRN, or perhaps in one of the drape threads.

- B

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reposting pics per request now that imageshak has screwed us all. Wish I could just edit my thread starter...

6eaeeb5d.jpg

2f8c402e.jpg

1f71dc85.jpg

caa34411.jpg

3f67bc41.jpg

75640d08.jpg

ae52bda5.jpg

42ab5b89.jpg

ce70a7bf.jpg

f62d2d7f.jpg

823c59a3.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Holy **** there is so much win in this thread.

I would take all those skins and make them my wallpaper in my dungeon with my AL&C handcuffs on.

I would take all those skins and make them my wallpaper in my dungeon with my AL&C handcuffs on.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker

laugh.gif
that got a bigger laugh now than last year.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
laugh.gif
that got a bigger laugh now than last year.

When you get to Paris and move on to bigger and better, look me up when you dump those watches!
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads