1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

my house on apartment therapy

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by mordecai, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Good for you! You guys must be proud.

2. mordecai

mordecai Well-Known Member

Good for you! You guys must be proud.

yeah, my girlfriend especially is a design nut, so this was a special sort of satisfaction for her.

3. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Very nice. I think you should be my second wife. BTW how does one end up on AT? I assume you know someone associated with the site?

4. mordecai

We sold a chair on craigslist and the girl who bought it turned out to be a writer for them. She asked if she could do the tour. Haven't talked to her since, but the photos have come in handy. Can't believe that was two years and two dining room tables ago. I have been thinking of emailing them photos of our yard as an SOS post idea.

5. L.R.

L.R. Well-Known Member

I'm glad this got bumped. I love the look of place. It's a bit styleforum credo almost: A few really really good items, rather than a lot of junk.

6. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

very very cool. exactly the kind of space i want to live in eventually

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Congrats, looks lovely. It is the complete opposite of the style and mood of my place, but I like it a lot.

Edit: Fuck, I was duped by a necro post.

8. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

We sold a chair on craigslist and the girl who bought it turned out to be a writer for them. She asked if she could do the tour. Haven't talked to her since, but the photos have come in handy. Can't believe that was two years and two dining room tables ago. I have been thinking of emailing them photos of our yard as an SOS post idea.

are you maxwell or genevive?

9. mordecai

I am Lucy, the Wonder Dog

10. foodguy

foodguy Well-Known Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    nice place! ever come down to retro row in long beach?

11. mordecai

Never been. Are the selection and prices pretty decent?

12. foodguy

it's not like craig's list. there's one really great place called Xcape where you can find anything from $8k Wegner chairs to more affordable stuff. they're very knowledgeable. i've bought several pieces of heywood wakefield from them. there's another place that specializes in french antiques from the same period. and there's something called the vintage collective or somesuch, which is kind of an antiques mall with some cool midcentury stuff. who is the artist that did that owl piece you have? i've seen him doing signings there a couple of times.

13. frenchy

frenchy Well-Known Member

it's not like craig's list. there's one really great place called Xcape where you can find anything from $8k Wegner chairs to more affordable stuff. they're very knowledgeable. i've bought several pieces of heywood wakefield from them. there's another place that specializes in french antiques from the same period. and there's something called the vintage collective or somesuch, which is kind of an antiques mall with some cool midcentury stuff. who is the artist that did that owl piece you have? i've seen him doing signings there a couple of times.

any Knock off Knolls to be found?

14. foodguy

honestly, the real stuff is cheap enough ...

15. masayako

masayako Well-Known Member

thanks! it's an original kelly barrie photograph. for those familiar with the art world, he is the artist mary kelly's son.

Can you tell us how much is the Kelly Barrie photograph cost? I'm very interested. Thanks.

16. driveslowk

driveslowk Well-Known Member

Glad I got to see this again, everything looks great. You really didn't have any more space for LP's, probably even less now ahhaha.

17. mordecai

Can you tell us how much is the Kelly Barrie photograph cost? I'm very interested. Thanks.
    I believe his prices have gone up substantially.
    Glad I got to see this again, everything looks great. You really didn't have any more space for LP's, probably even less now ahhaha.
    I convinced Genevieve that it would be a good idea for her to have a selection at the gallery, but yeah, I have to get rid of one for every new record I purchase.

18. Beetleything

Beetleything Well-Known Member

Cool place.

I like Apt. Therapy site.

Your speakers are very high up....in audiophile terms that would not be ok (ear level acceptable), but i know hi fi speakers and the modern aesthetic are not an easy mix.

19. drmmr

drmmr Well-Known Member

Thanks for bumping this, would've never seen it otherwise. Great comfy place. Home.