1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

my first suit...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by K Mobb, Aug 25, 2006.

1. K Mobb

K Mobb New Member

sup all. new memebr of the styleforum here. first time poster, long time lurker. i just hooked up this new joint right here, its more like a like casual type suit. i realize its not to traditional but im alright with that. what do you all think of it?? i mostly will wear it for out on club nights, you know. i do have a job intervioew this weekend though wondering if this will do the trick. what do you all think??

thanks

k mobb

[​IMG]

2. mrchapel

mrchapel Well-Known Member

What kind of job are you interviewing for? Where are you located? Generally speaking, this kind of suit is Asian. It's called a Mao suit. I would NOT recommend this suit if this is for an American company. It would be way too casual and I fear they would not take you seriously.

3. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

I don't think that job interviews with caterers are too intensive, don't worry [​IMG]. Ok, sorry, I'm a bit sarcastic, but I don't think there are many here that would consider that a suit. It looks more like something you'd rent for prom if you lived in Gary, IN.

4. K Mobb

K Mobb New Member

i probablywont wear that to the job interview i dont want to look too chinese haha. i got this coming in the mail to. should be here soon. this is more likely to be the interview suit. i am interviweing for a sales position.

[​IMG]

ebay is the jumpoff

k mobb

5. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your new job, as there is no way they'll not hire you in that outfit.

6. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

I saw suits similar to these when I was crossing a bridge. . . I looked under and saw similar outfits adorning the troll guarding it.

7. xarope

xarope Well-Known Member

8. Christofuh

Christofuh Well-Known Member

You'd look as though you just walked off a Jackie Chan movie set. Pretty good if you're seeking a sales position with antique asian furniture retailer.

9. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

What kind of job are you interviewing for? Where are you located? Generally speaking, this kind of suit is Asian. It's called a Mao suit. I would NOT recommend this suit if this is for an American company. It would be way too casual and I fear they would not take you seriously.

hey! even us chinese dont wear those anymore. last i looked, nameless caucasian movie mob henchmen with goatees wears those stuff. [​IMG]

10. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

k mobb

how many buttons are there?

11. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Well-Known Member

I tohught the blue suit looked like a Stacy Adams one. I'm so sorry for you.

12. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Well-Known Member

The first one is simple. It has lines. It says something. If the white collar got lost, and the jacket were worn open, say with a tee underneath, I think you could use the suit as an offbeat 'social' ensemble.

13. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

For a good reason the second jacket reminds me of International Male. Tacky and outdated.

14. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

For a good reason the second jacket reminds me of International Male. Tacky and outdated.

Outdated implies that it was once in. . .

15. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

Either of those suits aren't a very good idea. I know you want to be different, but you'll have a much better chance of getting hired if you wear something tried and true. Can't go wrong with a two button in grey, white shirt, red or blue tie. Make sure your shoes are classic and simple as well. There's nothing worse than coming in a nice outfit but with square toed Kenneth Cole loafers.

16. rnoldh

rnoldh Well-Known Member

i probablywont wear that to the job interview i dont want to look too chinese haha. i got this coming in the mail to. should be here soon. this is more likely to be the interview suit. i am interviweing for a sales position.

[​IMG]

ebay is the jumpoff

k mobb

Is this a 7 button suit? Or is it my eyes or the monitor again?

May I ask, what kind of pants come with this suit. I imagine they could be anything from flat front to quadruple pleat. Maybe even short pants!

If you are interviewing for a sales job to sell Fashion Forward, Made In China, Value Priced Mens Wear, I think you are a sure thing for the job!

17. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

They actually have seen pleats on each side, I believe. The pleats stretch all the way around the back of the trousers.