1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Must have accessories?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Tyr, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Well-Known Member

Why?
    It almost always comes off as try hard, pretentious or both.
    I disagree with the statement that all men shouldnt wear jewelry. If it is the right type of jewelry and with the right kind of outfit, jewelry can definitely add to the overall look. Look at Johnny Depp for example, he usually has an array of neckalaces around his neck. I agree that a nice watch is definitely important. I dont consdier wallets and phones accessories. And like I said, if jewelry will work with your outfit its not bad to add it to it. Most of my other accessories depend on situation(weather, event, mood)
    Yea Johnny Depp can do it. The average joe is not Johnny Depp. The average joe trying to look like Johnny Depp = Poseur.
    What if it's a pocket watch?
    As long as it isnt encrusted with diamonds and made by Jacob the Jeweler.

2. London

London Well-Known Member

watch, wallet, blackberry

3. jkw

jkw Well-Known Member

More of the same. Funny how no one ever mentions one of the most important things - keys...

4. rolex

rolex Well-Known Member

Cash is the most practical accessory

Is cash an accessory?

5. James Gatz

James Gatz Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm being overly nitpicky here, but aren't accessories things to compliment what you're wearing? I just can't for the life of me figure out how, unless you were a janitor perhaps, keys would be an accessory. Same for cash, credit cards, phones, etc. I mean, I understand why people leave the house with them, but accessories?

That being said, the things I pretty much never leave the house without are a belt and a pair of sunglasses. A wool flat cap if it's cold outside.

6. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Well-Known Member

Belt.
    Money clip.
    Credit card case.

7. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Well-Known Member

On a serious note, 2 condoms. You never know. And if you are already getting laid, don't take a chance and only bring one.

Wow.
    I was given one of these years ago.
    I carry it with me but have never had cause to 'use' it.

8. jkw

jkw Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm being overly nitpicky here, but aren't accessories things to compliment what you're wearing? I just can't for the life of me figure out how, unless you were a janitor perhaps, keys would be an accessory. Same for cash, credit cards, phones, etc. I mean, I understand why people leave the house with them, but accessories?

I only mentioned keys as I took the meaning as being everything in your pockets/bag when you leave your house. I was just surprised that no one mentions keys along with their phone etc.

9. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Sunglasses. Tie clip. BELT. I don't know if anyone else considers this an accessory, but I recently experienced a moment of aghast shock when a generally well-dressed friend contemplated going on a date with an OCBD with rolled up sleeves tucked into jeans and no belt. Not sure if anyone else here does this on a regular basis, but damn that looked wrong.

10. TxdoHawk

TxdoHawk Well-Known Member

I never leave the house without my keys, my wallet, and my phone (currently a Blackberry Curve). I practically feel naked if one of these three things aren't in my pockets.

11. Spintherism

Spintherism Well-Known Member

Wow.
    I was given one of these years ago.
    I carry it with me but have never had cause to 'use' it.

I was going to make a joke, but can't tell if you just epically set yourself up for a ribald comment about no sex for years, or if you're just outright informing us of your dry spell (in which case I'd feel kind of sorry for you and make no joke).
    I'm not sure how to proceed.

12. Calden

Calden Well-Known Member

Sunglasses. Tie clip. BELT. I don't know if anyone else considers this an accessory, but I recently experienced a moment of aghast shock when a generally well-dressed friend contemplated going on a date with an OCBD with rolled up sleeves tucked into jeans and no belt. Not sure if anyone else here does this on a regular basis, but damn that looked wrong.

Do you wear a belt if you don't need it? I always go with out one if I can, even with suits. Is that a faux pas?

13. jgammel25

jgammel25 Member

Cards, Pen, Zune, Shades.

14. brissyboy

brissyboy Well-Known Member

mobile, wallet and building pass

15. esspee1200

esspee1200 Well-Known Member

must have accessory: dope watch!!!

16. sayaret

sayaret Well-Known Member

watch, multiple religous necklaces (hidden under the shirt, don't worry), lighter, knife, wallet

17. London

London Well-Known Member

watch, blackberry and belt

18. JonF

JonF Well-Known Member

watch, wallet, blackberry

+1

For me... I always have my Omega Speedmaster, Blackberry Curve, and my wallet. I feel completely naked if I forget any one of them...