• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Muscular? Got big thighs? Want relaxed jeans? Been doing one squat too many? Voila!

gululv

Reaction score
somatoform: Thanks a lot. I would prefer buying it on ebay because it's cheaper there, but off course they can maybe help me better if I get it from BiG or some other store. I try to ask the ebay seller about the thigh stuff. Looking forward to finally find a pair of jeans that lasts longer than 5-8 months!

gululv

Reaction score
This is the ebay seller's answer:
Hi there.

From crotch straight to side.
It's a one washed product. It comes out slightly different anyway.

The measurement size is on my description.
If the size is very similar to the jeans you have, it will fit to you.

Thank you.

Weird, it makes it a little hard to pick size.

gululv

Reaction score
Sorry for all the posts here, but could it be these are two different versions? The one on ebay washed once, the other unwashed.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Can we merge with the "hey are there suits with a 10 drop which I need due to my superb lats?" thread?

Zegna makes drop 10 blazers and I assume suits.

For jeans there are brands aimed at the BB/ powerlifting community. They aren't exactly cheap but if you need them they exist.

http://us.gasp.nu/apparel/pants/baggy-denim/

I wouldn't call them high fashion but the stuff is out there.

Other brands exist.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Olympic Weightlifter here, i like the fit of my eternals. They are notorious for having hip flair, but that works for an advantage if you squat a lot.

gululv

Reaction score
Have to bump this. I think I will try to purchase a pair of sda 101 instead of sugar cane 1947. Any experience with shrinkage? 34 looks like my size. I guess it wont shrink so much if washed cold?

1FLYwp

Reaction score
I am looking to find a pair of selvedge denim. I am 6'6" 245lbs and I recently purchased APC Rescues in a size 34 and the were to tight on thighs and to short in the inseam. I have 26.5" thighs and need a long inseam. Anywhere from 36-39". My waist is a 36. If you guys have any recommendations on what brands and styles to look into that would be great. thanks

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bonobos premium denim has some roomier thighs. Try them out. They have free shipping and easy returns too if you don't like them.

JDelage

Reaction score
Anyone here has had problems with pocket bags? I have had to replace the pocket bags on a IH-1955S and reinforce them on a pair of SD-101. Anyone else with big thighs encountered that kind of problem?

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Bump.

Is there any current jeans with relaxed thighs but tapered leg openings?

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bump.

Is there any current jeans with relaxed thighs but tapered leg openings?

Yes, depending, of course, on your view of tapered. Everything is tapered.

I have a pretty low threshold for tapered - in the my waist size, if it's below 9" leg opening it's too tapered. Some wouldn't consider that tapered at all.

Case in point. I think the Ironheart 1955 is pretty tapered for what is otherwise a very relaxed jean - 8" leg opening on a 34" waist with a 14" thigh is pretty tapered to me. But a 34 also has a 13" front rise. Too much for me.

You have to take multiple measurements and see what works. There are alot of relaxed jeans with tapered leg openings. Samurai 710 is pretty tapered and not very slim. I personally think the Left Field Greaser is too tapered. Both Eternal and Somet offer jeans that are not relaxed, but not all together slim-ish either with tapers. Some relaxed fullcount are tapered quite a bit etc., etc. Too many to list.

Oh yeah, certain styles of Edwin can be pretty relaxed and tapered. Nashville comes to mind. ED-39 as well, and maybe others.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads