• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Muscular? Got big thighs? Want relaxed jeans? Been doing one squat too many? Voila!

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gululv
I belong to the big thigh community. There's already an ugly hole in my 5 month old apc new standard. Do you have any recomendation for raw denim in the same price category as apc, but something that fits a big thigh guy? Not Nudie (I dont like Nudie)

I would give sugar cane some consideration. I posted some details on my Okinawa in this thread - small waist big thighs. More expensive than APC, BUT sugar cane 1947 fit similarly and they can be had for under $200 or thereabouts (ebay $179; rakuten probably about $200 with the proxy and shipping; blue owl where I bought my sc from).

Also, for $199 shipped, check out this:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=583

I thought about the 36 for myself.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we merge with the "hey are there suits with a 10 drop which I need due to my superb lats?" thread?

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand how the title of this thread could draw some ire, but realize there are dudes on here who can benefit from the info

for whomever is interested in suggestions on nicer denim for big dudes:

i started with a pair of nudie big bengt. sized down one, was happy with the fit and how they had a slight taper. they didn't blow my hair back. just ok.

- sugarcane 1947's. these were the first higher end jeans I bought and I was surprised by them. really well made, nice details, but its all about the denim/indigo. great fades. (although i'd like them even more if the rise was a little lower)

I also have a pair of okinowas I really like. they're not as broken in as my 47's, which are like pajamas at this point, but they have a really unique texture and I'm excited to see how they turn out. cut is a bit slimmer than the fuller 1947

-jean shop regular fit. first pair was at my actual size. they're huge. second was two sizes down and the fit is much better. a little loose, but good. if you're patient you can find them on sale occasionally. I paid 50% off retail for both of my pairs and think they're outstanding values. full retail is kinda steep.

-Oni red ; i don't know if they're easy to find in the states now (my pair has arcs and tabs and are pretty old) but they are super slubby and unlike anything I've ever seen. a little full through the leg but I really like them.

- samurai S5000 ; they're expensive, but really ******* nice. I have the black version, pretty much the only black jeans i'd ever consider wearing. the denim is really heavy, awesome.

- apc rescue ; i kinda regressed with these since it seems everyone starts with apc/nudie, etc and then graduates to the nicer ****. still, i'll say I'm really liking them so far.

Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Can we merge with the "hey are there suits with a 10 drop which I need due to my superb lats?" thread?

gululv

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. My problem is not big waist, but big thighs, hard to find jeans that fits me well. But will look into Sugar Cane. They are 300 USD from self edge, a little expensive, but if they last longer than 5 months (like my apc's) maybe it's worth the money.

gululv

Reaction score
Sugar Cane 200 USD from ebay, that's a good price, might buy a pair.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 just for the title. Perfect for all those guys who squatted once or twice way back in High School...

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. My problem is not big waist, but big thighs, hard to find jeans that fits me well. But will look into Sugar Cane. They are 300 USD from self edge, a little expensive, but if they last longer than 5 months (like my apc's) maybe it's worth the money.

Two other models that would likely fit you well if you don't have a big waist but have big thighs are the Samurai S0510 and the Studio D'Artisan SD-101. Both are cut really wide in the thigh, the Samurai more so than the SDA.

asdf

Reaction score
Epaulet Hoyt

Ande Whall Cougar

Ande Whall Miner

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zazaza
I understand how the title of this thread could draw some ire

Originally Posted by El Argentino
+1 just for the title. Perfect for all those guys who squatted once or twice way back in High School...

Title was in jest, but that was pretty much it: at the time there was a thread once a week, and basically the gist was either: "Help me, I've got big thighs from highschool football", or, "I just did squats, and now my thighs are enormous-give me jean reccomendations".

Really this is just a relaxed jean thread (some models people might even call baggy) for anyone who likes fuller jeans, and whether they have bigger legs or not.

Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Two other models that would likely fit you well if you don't have a big waist but have big thighs are the Samurai S0510 and the Studio D'Artisan SD-101. Both are cut really wide in the thigh, the Samurai more so than the SDA.

Yes! Good call. I always knew they had fuller models, but it never really registered until I saw some specs in the Samurai thread, like this:

Originally Posted by beautiful_FrEaK
S0510XX 34x36 Lot.12
(pre - post)

waist: 34,5" - 32"
front rise: 12" - 11,25"
back rise: 16" - 15,5"
thigh: 14" - 13,5"
knee: 10,25" - 9,875"
leg opening: 9,25" - 8,75"
inseam: 38,5" - 36,5"

I have size 36 jeans (tagged and actual) with those specs; hard to believe they are on a 32.

unclesam099

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Maybe Self Edge would like to sponsor a "Biggest Legs on SF" contest? These must be some dude here who's a speed skater or Caber tosser, and only wears Zubaz pants. The winner gets the biggest-thighed jeans in the shop. Hey, that could bring in a whole new customer demographic.
Ha, I wish this was a few years ago. I was a 26"-27" thigh. We measured because that's nearly what our coxwain's waist was. Currently 6' 3" ~210lb and 38.5" hip (not waist) measurement. The 36" Smith fits me very well, especially as it stretches a little bit. My thigh is currently 24.5" at rest 3" down inseam. They're pretty tight, but the cut keeps me from having carrot legs. Will get bigger this summer when I'm back in the single doing ~32mi/week on the water, and running 10-20mi/week again.

gululv

Reaction score
Hm, Sugar Cane 1947 are measured very different on ebay compared to Blue in Green and Rakuten. Who should I trust? Looks like I need a 33 one place, and 36 the other.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, Sugar Cane 1947 are measured very different on ebay compared to Blue in Green and Rakuten. Who should I trust? Looks like I need a 33 one place, and 36 the other.

With Sugar Cane, I've had best results when sizing down 1 from my true waist measurement. That might be a good place to start, if you're not sure what size you are in that brand.

gululv

Reaction score
Thanks, so if I'm a 33 in apc ns (or actually 32, but its too tight and the reason why I need new pants) I should go for..what in Sugar Cane 1947? Do you think these are roomy in the thighs, like the samurai and sda jeans you mentioned? Its a little annoying there are very different measurments on ebay and on other sites. But looks like I am a 34 from what you say.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gululv,

don't worry about the thighs, they will fit no matter what (unless there's something freakish about you). Just focus on getting your waist size and everything else will fall into place.

Are you looking at those 34x34 on ebay? I wouldn't trust his thigh measurement (11.8"), or ask him to clarify where on the leg he is measuring the thigh. Blue in Green have a 34 raw 47 with a 13.5" thigh which might shrink down to a 13". And Self Edge has 12.7" and they measure one inch down from crotch, so that's about 13" or a little over. Their charts both concur that it will have a 13" thigh minimum, so go with that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads