1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

MTO Sandringham Midnight Antique

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sho'nuff, Oct 4, 2007.

1. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

no, but you need to if you want the special blue color.

andrew, i saw those country pebble leather sandringhams the other day when i was looking up the shoes. no offense to you nor any disrespect, but me no likey.

OK, just remember your tendency to flip shoes and the likelyhood of finding a full price buyer for blue wingtips [​IMG]

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

andrew, i saw those country pebble leather sandringhams the other day when i was looking up the shoes. no offense to you nor any disrespect, but me no likey.

Wha? That shoe is so hott I had to put an extra t at the end.

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

OK, just remember your tendency to flip shoes and the likelyhood of finding a full price buyer for blue wingtips [​IMG]

ok brother, i understand.

4. sho'nuff

i dont know, but i think it is the way aport takes his photos. they are always sort of blurry and in a front-back angle of shoes. also on that carpet..it camoflauges a bit of the lines of the shoes. sorry to say.

5. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

No question in my mind - the Sandringham should be brown.
    +1. I like blue shoes, but think the color is much better suited to a more contemporary design, such as the EG Southwold.

6. gefinzi

gefinzi Well-Known Member

I just acquired a pair of blue JL Chapels and I like them a lot. However, they have more antiqueing than the EG's pictured...the antiqueing is done with black and so the overall color is very dark navy, looking nearly black when not in bright light.

7. aportnoy

aportnoy Well-Known Member

I had a feeling the good Doctor would appreciate these. An old school gunboat for tramping in the moors.[​IMG]
    You broke my heart, Fredo.[​IMG]

8. sho'nuff

You broke my heart, Fredo.[​IMG]

oh no. please dont send me out on a fishing trip with Al Neri

9. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

haha. this is the first fritzl joke i understood.

This is growing on me...

10. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

OK, just remember your tendency to flip shoes and the likelyhood of finding a full price buyer for blue wingtips
    ok brother, i understand.
    Brother, make sure this is well-made, okay? I'm circling around you now like a vulture. [​IMG]

11. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

This is interesting, so get this I placed order for Acorn Antique and I received Edwardian Antique instead. Edward Green insists it's the same base color which can be made lighter or darker depending how you polish shoes. Sometimes EG can really drive you nuts.