1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

MTM failure, need some serious help!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by quuz, Jun 30, 2009.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

i hope this all works out for you, i am livid to see how messed up work they gave you for your money. i would not want that to happen to me at all.

most likely , this all would be moot discussion here, i figure they will professionally and politely resolve this for you in a satisfactory way.

also , i dont know , if push comes to shove, you can always direct them to this thread on this forum as to bring them out to the light.

we do have a certain public relations power in these matters sometimes.

2. Yo-han

Yo-han Well-Known Member

I am trust me, I called him but he didn't answer so I sent him a sms. Ill wait till tomorrow than its it, Im taking this further and I sure hope it is like it seems to be, with them producing the suits in the far east, because then he has lied about his whole company concept and standards, and then they will most likely get high fines.

your thoughts of "taking it further", i.e. getting in contact with the swedish consumer agency won't do jack. They don't even deal with induvidual complaints but with stuff relating to advertising and contract terms, consumer information, education and so on.. plus the end product they provide is a "recommendation" to the company at hand which they can choose to follow or to not follow.

resolving indivudual consumer disputes is the task of the national board for consumer complaints, i.e. allmänna reklamationsnämnden which is a completely different entity. they will also in the end just submit a recommendation on how the dispute should be resolved, the recommendations are not binding and once again the company at hand can choose to follow or not to follow the recommendation.

basically, you wen't to a shit store, hence you got a shit product (admittedly it was way shittier than what was to be expected)... you caught a shit deal, suck it up as a lesson learned, don't deal with shit people/stores in the future. i will repeat my original advice, have someone who carries some authority step in and deal with this, i.e. your parents or jump at the chance of getting a replacement for a hundred bucks or whatever it was, get one without you special alterations and take it to a real tailor, maybe he can make something half decent out of it. i think that's about the soundest advice you will get in this thread

3. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

I disagree. Harass the store until they give in - and do NOT give them ANY additional money under any circumstances - that's the best advice you'll get

4. Yo-han

Yo-han Well-Known Member

I disagree. Harass the store until they give in - and do NOT give them ANY additional money under any circumstances - that's the best advice you'll get

he doesn't strike me as the harassing type.. [​IMG]

5. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

he doesn't strike me as the harassing type.. [​IMG]

Well he's doing a pretty good job at harassing us with his updates! [​IMG]

6. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

Well he's doing a pretty good job at harassing us with his updates! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. upnorth

upnorth Well-Known Member

I also looked at some financial ratio numbers. The ones I could find were untill year 2007 and it didn't look to good, as I studied economics for threee years I know a thing or two.

Years result (not sure of the English word for it)
    -$34500

Profit margin

I can see why he would give you a shitty product and also why he refused a refund and I don't study economics.

8. SirSuturesALot

SirSuturesALot Well-Known Member

9. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

I also looked at some financial ratio numbers. The ones I could find were untill year 2007 and it didn't look to good, as I studied economics for threee years I know a thing or two.
    Years result (not sure of the English word for it)
    -$34500

Profit margin

It must be said that your education in economics must have been quite extensive for you to decipher such a complex financial statement.

10. quuz

quuz Well-Known Member

It must be said that your education in economics must have been quite extensive for you to decipher such a complex financial statement.

I believe so too, it must have been a top notch school (I was referring to the other financial key numbers I found in their annual report tough)

Update? I've contacted the the national board for consumer complaints and a few of the biggerst newspapers in Sweden, they write about every single piece of shit news and they are very good in making small things like this sound like a shit storm. Should be sufficient to hurt his little company.

At this point I don't really care about the money but that this douche gets it.

11. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Well-Known Member

At this point I don't really care about the money but that this douche gets it.

Good for you. I feel the same way about Obama.

12. dandy1

dandy1 Well-Known Member

Dude what happened with this suit? Did the geezer giv your money back ?

Have to say the picture was brilliant .. worst suit I've ever seen! In fact it was so amusing that I'm in half a mind to send you a check for 500 euros just for making me laugh for 20 minutes this evening :foo:

13. quuz

quuz Well-Known Member

Glad the suit could be of some use then :) But no, he didn't give back a single dime.

14. GBR

GBR Well-Known Member

Presumably you burned it therefore? The only fitting purpose for the rag.

15. quuz

quuz Well-Known Member

Haha I'm tempted, I think it's in a box in my cellar somewhere

16. Simon at Elite

Simon at Elite Well-Known Member

It's companies like these that give the rest of us in the industry a bad name. That jacket is way to short and I don't think any reputable suit company would want one of their customers wearing it. I have a similar story on short jackets.

I had a customer order one of our Super Slim Suits. Now this cut is supposed to have a shorter jacket, sleeve and trouser length however when we received the measurements the jacket length compared to the customers height appeared way to small, So I emailed the customer and asked him to check the jacket length and suggested he measure an existing jacket as a comparison. Supposedly he come back with an even shorter measurement. Three emails later I finally had a measurement that was longer then the original but to me still seemed very short. Still as I said this cut does have a shorter jacket length and the customer lived in Japan where short jackets are very much in fashion so we went ahead and made the suit.

After it was delivered the customer sent me this picture with the only comment being that perhaps for his next suit he will go with a slightly longer jacket.

[​IMG]

My immediate response was

"Do not wear this suit. The jacket is way to short and you look ridiculous. We will arrange to have the jacket remade and sent to you"

I'll point out again that the customer didn't ask for a remake but the last thing we want is a customer wearing such a badly fitting suit and I don't care where you live as in any country that jacket is way too short. When customers are asked "where did you buy your suit" we want it to be for the right reasons.

When relying on customers to supply measurement you're going to have some disasters and as such every reputable MTM company has some form of warranty and includes this in their budget. We have a fairly comprehensive "No Worries Guarantee" and we are happy to do a remake when needed. If it's your first suit from us we want you to get at least a close fit that we can improve further on your next order

To my way of thinking this is an opportunity lost for the suit company involved. Yes they may have saved themselves a few dollars this time but how many suits will this customer buy in his lifetime? Do you think he will ever go back to this company again? I've has customer that had problems with their first suit that needed to be resolved and were so happy with the way we handled things that they have come back time and time again. Half our business is repeat orders so you can't keep burning new customers.

The MTM suit industry is growing massively every year. The only way this can happen is that there are many operators doing it riight. Don't write off a whole industry just because of one bad apple