1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

MTM failure, need some serious help!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by quuz, Jun 30, 2009.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

According to him its my fault it turned out this way because I chose a slim model and note that there were 3 options

Regular
    Slim
    Slim fit

I chose the middle one and apparently it should look like this, right....

Also his tailor adjusted it this is what he told me on the phone before doing that:

If I adjust it 4 cm (1.5 inches) all around so its not as tight it will fit like a regular suit jacket, my tailor can adjust it 3cm (1.18 inches) So apperently to him this is really close to a regular fitted suit jacket, more close to a regular then a slim and way far from their slim fit model.

I don't know how you're keeping your cool. I'm a very calm guy but thieir reaction is so infuriating that I'm pretty sure I would be happy to pay the $45 train ticket to go yell in this asshole's face while at the same time scaring off any potential customers by trashing the store and - most effective even - by wearing that horrendous jacket.

Call the local newspaper. Call the police. Call the fire department. I don't know what to say.

2. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Well-Known Member

I don't know how you're keeping your cool. I'm a very calm guy but thieir reaction is so infuriating that I'm pretty sure I would be happy to pay the $45 train ticket to go yell in this asshole's face while at the same time scaring off any potential customers by trashing the store and - most effective even - by wearing that horrendous jacket.

Call the local newspaper. Call the police. Call the fire department. I don't know what to say.

It is clear that no competent tailor would have permitted you to make enough mistakes in ordering this coat to make it look like this.

3. kuwisdelu

kuwisdelu Well-Known Member

Also his tailor adjusted it this is what he told me on the phone before doing that:

If I adjust it 4 cm (1.5 inches) all around so its not as tight it will fit like a regular suit jacket, my tailor can adjust it 3cm (1.18 inches) So apperently to him this is really close to a regular fitted suit jacket, more close to a regular then a slim and way far from their slim fit model.

No.

No. No.

Fight for the refund, dude. You deserve it. This is just plain unacceptable.

4. mintyfresh

mintyfresh Well-Known Member

You should hang out by the store with the suit on.

That should scare some customers away. [​IMG]

5. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

so he won't accept a refund????

6. quuz

quuz Well-Known Member

That's what I am, in the soon future he can exspect a call from trh swedish consumer agency.

No.

No. No.

Fight for the refund, dude. You deserve it. This is just plain unacceptable.

I am I wont walk away with this.

so he won't accept a refund????

As it seems now, no. But fine with me I'm going to spread these pics to various big swedish "fashion" blogs and let them publish them togheter with a warning, this wuld hurt them reaky bad Im sure, plus I'm sure the swedish consumer agency will be on my side. But Im waiting with that until I get the his boss emai. If hes a stubborn bitch too then its on.

7. wetnose

wetnose Well-Known Member

Sigh for the money you paid, you could have bought this: Wizard of aaahs on ebay and spent the extra on alterations.

8. quuz

quuz Well-Known Member

So I get his reply today.

He wanted me to write down a list of everything that was wrong with the suit, and dont tak in accountthat it is to short.

So now I need your help to write this list then he would send it to his boss.And also about the proportions of the suit, he wrote that if you make it to sort the proportions would get all wrong. So this is according to h why the suit jacket is cut in so high up...

So I need your help as I said to make a list of everyhting that is wrong because hedont seem to understand when I say it to small...

9. superfans124

superfans124 Well-Known Member

Beijing -> D.C. -> HK -> Beijing -> now where?
    show him THIS!

sorry for your misfortune.
    [​IMG]

10. sonlegoman

sonlegoman Well-Known Member

I really can't make judgment until I see it with the pants on and a proper shirt and tie. Until I see new photos with these elements complementing the jacket, I will withhold judgment.

11. upnorth

upnorth Well-Known Member

The sleeves are especially bad, I think there is just too much fabric in the upper arm area. I really hope you and the tailor can work something out. In the worst scenario, chalk it up to a lesson learnt and keep that jacket for night club use. Did you not go for additional fittings?

I think it bears reminding that anyone who is looking to have a suit made should adopt their natural usual posture when have measurements taken. No point standing with your chest out when the tailor is measuring you if that is not how you wear your suit.

Likewise, when taking fit pictures, stand naturally.

12. Macallan9

Macallan9 Well-Known Member

This is what chargebacks were made for.

13. literasyme

literasyme Well-Known Member

The sleeves are bad? The body is beyond bad -- it does not look like a man's jacket. The waist suppression is far too extreme and too high up, the skirt flare is bizarre, the vent is cut strangely and pops badly, the shoulders are too wide (and look uneven), the sleeve pitch is off, etc. Most glaringly, of course, the jacket looks like someone just randomly sliced off three inches or so at the bottom. If you add those back on, it'll still be a poor fit, but at least the proportions will begin to look OK.

14. SirSuturesALot

SirSuturesALot Well-Known Member

So I get his reply today.

He wanted me to write down a list of everything that was wrong with the suit, and dont tak in accountthat it is to short.

So now I need your help to write this list then he would send it to his boss.And also about the proportions of the suit, he wrote that if you make it to sort the proportions would get all wrong. So this is according to h why the suit jacket is cut in so high up...

So I need your help as I said to make a list of everyhting that is wrong because hedont seem to understand when I say it to small...

Why don't you just call the store and ask to speak to the manager? Ask the manager for his email address and send these pictures to him.

15. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

Print this thread out and bring it with you.

16. a tailor

a tailor Well-Known Member

measure the coat length. thats down the center back.
    then ask the store to see the copy of your order. if the two measure the same or rather close, like less than one inch then its the store that made the mistake.
    if the two differ by a few inches possibly even 4 or more, then its the factories mistake.
    one or the other owes you a new suit, or a refund.

17. Bluestrike2

Bluestrike2 Member

No company that churns out rubbish such as this deserves to be in business. Based on what I've read here, these guys are the equivalent of used car salesmen here in the States. You're not going to get your money back by being nice and saying "pretty please."

First, it's not your fault for this garbage. Even if you opted for a "slim option" they still took your measurements and worked off of them. There is no possible way for them to pin the problem on you (unless of course you switched bodies with an emaciated teenage girl, in which case, that would explain a lot).

I'll leave it to far better eyes than I to help you narrow down a complete list of the problems, and limit my advice to just dealing with the situation. Right now, you need to just go beyond this clown of a rep and talk to the "boss" directly. With a screwup this bad, he should be out of a job. It's that simple, and he knows it. He's going to fight you tooth and nail to try and (1) pin the blame on you and (2) keep the situation out of the boss's eye.

Trust me when I say this, you'll be screwed with in ways you never even thought possible. Delays, lost emails, the works. If you can think of a tactic, chances are, this sleezeball is going to use it. So save yourself the trouble, and circumvent him--going straight to the top now.

You'll save yourself a great deal of heartache later. Don't expect your Consumer Agency to do anything; if there's one thing I've learned, it's that sitting around twiddling your thumbs while waiting for a government agency to save you is merely postponing disaster. And that, my friend, is true regardless the country.

18. VacheronMD

VacheronMD Well-Known Member

Get your money back. Don't have them recut you another travesty. It looks like a women's jacket from the 90's.

Type women would wear tennis shoes with.

Get the refund.

19. SuitedNBooted

SuitedNBooted Well-Known Member

The only thing you could pair that jacket with is a male g-string and oiled legs.

20. quuz

quuz Well-Known Member

I just replied to his mail. I told him a few things that were wrong and also pointed out about 3 times that I would like to get in contact with his boss. I also told him not to waist any time speaking to his own tailor to get my suit jacket corrected because theres no point in that.

So no I hope hell just give me his boss mail/number.