• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr B's Blake boots vs Grenson Sharp/Fred

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So what was the verdict?

Spot on, I'm a true size 10 and I ordered a 42. Size down one for sure.

I've been wearing the boots for the last few days, will give a full review at the end of the week with a more informed appraisal.

Right now though, I can say that they are a solid pair of boots for the price. I give em the thumbs up

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I need to get them out into the daylight before I can make a decision on the color. In certain artificial light, they look really dark.

They are dark.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are dark.

there is no doubt, but now that I've looked at them in the sun, they do look far more brown than black.

I'm rocking them tomorrow with dark jeans and a sportcoat.

FashionMister

Reaction score
Got mine today. I am wearing them right now and I have to say that they are extremely comfortable. I will be purchasing a second pair.

DKSnider

Reaction score
Nope, it's not just the light - not much antiquing on these really, but I figure for $150 I got these at a bargain. They'll hopefully pick up some more color after some wear and polish.

canon

Reaction score

Day one and I like them alot. As a guy who usually wore blundstones or stiff Vibram soled hikers I really like them. Hopefully this doesnt push me into wanting cordovan boots.

chet31

Reaction score

Spot on, I'm a true size 10 and I ordered a 42. Size down one for sure.
I've been wearing the boots for the last few days, will give a full review at the end of the week with a more informed appraisal.
Right now though, I can say that they are a solid pair of boots for the price. I give em the thumbs up

I am an Allen-Edmonds 10D. So should I order a 10, or should I get one size down?

AlwaysDressed

Reaction score

Day one and I like them alot.  As a guy who usually wore blundstones or stiff Vibram soled hikers I really like  them.  Hopefully this doesnt push me into wanting cordovan boots.

Now those look good. Enjoy em!

AlwaysDressed

Reaction score
Mine are all broken in now...

6298501159_89b1abdee5_o.jpg

chet31

Reaction score

I am an Allen-Edmonds 10D. So should I order a 10, or should I get one size down?

Replying to my own post. Called the local Aldo, they don't have them yet, was at a store near them, stopped in anyway, lucked out, the DSM was there, he had a pair in his car. Brought them in, they were a 42. Tried them on, every sales rep in the store, all women, were watching me. They fit perfectly. The women loved them, though I realize it is their job to do so (then again, they were the best looking shoes in the store). Ordered them on the spot, they gave me the on-line discount + free shipping to my house. This was a Sunday, I got them Tuesday. It came to about $155 since I had to pay sales tax.

The DSM said the Mr. B's are now his favorite shoe in the Aldo line. At the time, he was wearing a pair of Mr. B's black Oxfords that looked pretty good also.

Anyway, I wear an AE 10D, I ordered a 42, which the DSM said was more like a 9, so these boots definitely run large.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's interesting. I wear a size 9 in AE strands (a little narrow, but right length wise), and I also got a 42 in the boots. Both outsoles measure at about the same, roughly 12".

Still really happy with mine btw guys, I don't think you'll find a better deal for the price. Just forget it's Aldo, and give them a shot

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I wear a 10d in AE as well, and my 42s are a bit short. They are improving with wear and slightly too big shoe trees, but still a bit short.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads