1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. blue collar

blue collar Well-Known Member

Hey gents. I thought id post the finished product, for those who are interested.

Its a lot of fun. Sub 300lbs. Toss it around really easily.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2015
    5 people like this.
  2. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Well-Known Member

3. nootje

nootje Well-Known Member

Very clean! I don't see a kickstarter, battery under the seat?

4. blue collar

blue collar Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. The kickstarter is on the right side, hidden by the carbs in this pic. Small 4 amp battery under the seat.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Well, boys, thought I had the bug successfully buried and that it would never spring to life again. On Tuesday I came very close to driving this off the dealer floor:

[​IMG]

Thankfully sanity returned as it would have been terminal wife agro. I have a new plan and that's just to skim a c-note off of cash withdrawals for a couple years and go pay for one cash.

6. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Do you have to get such a mid life 'I'm still cool' old man bike?

7. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

I didnt want to say it :confused:

Why not a Speed Triple or Bonnie at least

8. Piobaire

Well, I am an old man. I can see that accusation with an HD which is exactly why I won't get one. The Victory is the cheapest (which you know is important to me), looks pretty bad ass IMO, and the seating position is comfy. I want a bike I don't have to wrench and that I can just toss a leg over the saddle and fire up.

9. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Honestly, it is the paint scheme and the extra body panels/luggage (especially since it is integrated into the paint scheme) that makes it look so bad. I think solid black would look way better.

Does it have to be a bagger? If so, I think the triumph rocket III touring is more interesting looking (if you lose the sissy bar). Otherwise, the other triumph cruisers are pretty interesting (and even the cruiser-model victory is way better looking). Add some removable leather saddlebags if you need them.

10. Piobaire

Everything you don't like about it is what I like. I like the paint scheme, I like the hardshell bags (yes, has to be a bagger), and I don't want removable leather bags as I've never like the looks of those plus the leather takes upkeep. The bags pop right off so I could actually drive it around like a cruise if I wanted. If they don't take to much effort to pop off I might do that, but really, I just want something I can trundle off on whenever I want. I want the cargo so I can bring work clothes to change into if I drive to work, make a grocery run, or have enough to do an overnight with Mr. Piob if we so desire.

If I was going for the comparable HD I could see the "trying to be cool" thing which is exactly why I'm looking at an off brand. I've never liked the Harley vibe and never will.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  11. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Well, at least you aren't getting the one with flames

12. Piobaire

Ugh, god no. I actually thought what I'd chosen was sort of sedate looking vs. what's out there in bagger-land.

13. Piobaire

Would this Victory be more acceptable?

[​IMG]

14. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Well-Known Member

I actually like baggers a lot. I think a Rocket 3 Roadster with Corbin Beetlebags would be badass

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. otc

otc Well-Known Member

I think that looks way better.

Tripple vs V-Twin? Unless you really want the V-Twin harley look, I think the tripples look pretty cool.

And at MSRP, the roadster leaves you $4k to work with getting some matched bags and any other work you want done.

16. Piobaire

Eh. It's not like I'm doing it now either way. I'm just like those guys in the car thread.

17. Piobaire

Just spent some time looking at the R3. It is an awesome bike but really seems to force your hand into either cruiser or a touring bike that does not seem as well set up at the Victory CC. The engine is fucking incredible and if they had an integrated package, with a better fairing, I'd be interested. Also, looks like little love for the passenger.

Lastly, the Triumph webpage truly sucks.

18. EgliComet

EgliComet Well-Known Member

Buy whatever makes you happy and go for a ride. Who really gives a shit what others think? Life's too short to try to impress everyone.

19. Piobaire

That's good advice, and trust me, nothing anyone says here would change my buy. I'm just going to wait a few years.

20. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]