1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. epb

epb Well-Known Member

That's some of their model line, but they've got some decent ones as well. Another alternative is CE-rated Premiere models but though they make them here, no one seems to sell them in the US.

2. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of any custom builders in the Bay area? Been thinking about a cafe racer project for a while and surprisingly can't find anyone.

3. blue collar

blue collar Well-Known Member

Hey gents!

Been a while and life is crazy busy but here is an update of the bike. Ready to hit the road after some carb tuning and a plate.

I'm not totally happy with the upholstery ( I stitched it by hand, saddle stitch Hermes style :slayer: , no machine). It does not flow with the tail section as much as i would like. Maybe less padding in that section... :confused:

Still some wires to tuck and tidy.

Not everyones cup of tea, but for those who are interested...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Well-Known Member

You'd get the most beautiful build from either Deus in Venice or Roland Sands in Los Alamitos. But those guys are PRICY. I can't speak for Deus, RSD quoted me at about $20k to slap on all their aftermarket parts and do some custom paint. Any prefab is going to cost more. I mean I guess I get it, if you've got tens of thousands sitting around for an image-enhancing toy you could wreck, why not? Me, I'd probably hardly ride one of those if I had one. Unless I was suddenly loaded or built/maintained it myself.

I think people getting into cafe bikes would be at a serious advantage by learning all the mechanics and metal working required. Isn't that the point, anyways?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  5. akatsuki

Yeah, I am not necessarily looking for that level right now. I am actually thinking right now of doing a Ryca CS-1 as a little cruiser around town with a bit of additional customization. I'd do it myself, but I would undoubtedly end up with a half-finished bike in my garage.

6. BostonHedonist

In other news, I just did a 740 mile trip up into Vermont this past weekend. Rte 100 was beautiful and there were some really fun canyons up there (namely Smugglers Notch and the Appalachian Gap). Stayed at a cool Ari BnB called the Fun Barn. Highly recommend it with a group.

Hey who's that in the barn bay?
    [​IMG]

There's my girl.

[​IMG]

On the road...

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. otc

otc Well-Known Member

I've lost my top end power...wide open throttle seems lost, bike didn't want to go above 60--I could coax it up with medium throttle, but if I just opened it up, it wouldn't pick up. Sounded a little funny too.

Guess it is time to pull the carbs apart again. Thinking either a clogged jet or else my diaphragms are torn again (or just unseated)...anything else it might be? Timing? Ignition points?

8. otc

otc Well-Known Member

That Ryca stuff looks pretty cool. Anybody doing similar things for other bikes? The CS-1 and CS-2 are great (especially considering the dearth of standard bikes out there), but I'm not as keen on starting from a 650cc single.

9. akatsuki

Ryca does one for the Sportster, but I don't think it is as successful visually. Even the CS-1 needs its front wheel tucked in a bit more...

Eventually I will end up doing something that is in a more modern vein a la Holographic Hammer's concept stuff:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. BostonHedonist

11. epb

epb Well-Known Member

Is that a CB500? Came out well enough, I think. Those tanks with the flap covers just don't look good, but I like the matte paint.

12. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Well-Known Member

Stunning.
    You should be proud, very proud.

How does she ride?

13. blue collar

It's a 750. And i agree the tanks are not my favorite, but id rather run this rust free, 38 year old, pristine tank over a rusted out pos just for the "look". Shy of a $600 NOS honda tank, this was the best route.

14. blue collar

Thanks buddy :fistbump:. Means a lot. I'm happy with it given my budget for the project. The next build i will spare no expense.

It rides really well. Feels light for a heavy bike. Maybe it's the riding position. It's got tons of grunt with the fresh rebuild and carbs. However tuning is needed to get the carbs streetable. Shoe does not like to go slow and has a bit of a temper, like an italian woman :happy: if you didn't know better you'd think she was a Ducati lol

15. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Well-Known Member

Hey bluecollar, bike looks great!

Is there a small battery under the tail? You still need a battery for accessories on a kick-start, right?

Are the tail and tank a midnight blue? The colourscheme of the whole thing is tits.

16. blue collar

Thanks man!

Yes i have a small 12 amp Li-ion battery under the tail along with the reg/rec unit, fuse box and blinker relay. I actually built the tail section around the size of battery i needed for this bike.

You do need a (at least a small) battery if you are looking to run full lighting on your bike, kick start or not. I have both on the bike currently.

You're correct, tank and tail is a matte midnight blue. I thought it worked well with the brown grips and seat.

Thanks for your kind words mario

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  17. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience working at or ordering from Revzilla?

18. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Lol... Aren't those two very different things?

I've ordered from them multiple times... Nothing really to report, just seem like any other web store.

Their video reviews aren't bad... Usually good about discussing sizing differences across products.

19. John Doe

John Doe Well-Known Member

I ordered a jacket from them which I had to return. They were helpful getting me the right size and getting the replacement to me ASAP.

20. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

Very. I live near them and thought about either picking up some extra hours part time or checking them out for full time employment. They seem like a pretty young growing company and my current job sucks.