• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pic from last weekend:

9055857240_a8fbae3cea_c.jpg

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a cool bike and jacket there Trini! I like the bars and cafe seat. One piece of advise, tuck in your boot laces. You don't want them getting hooked on the shifter or brake pedal. There is no worse feeling than when you come to a stop and try and put your foot down and it won't move as you slowly tip over. Don't ask me how I know.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a cool bike and jacket there Trini! I like the bars and cafe seat. One piece of advise, tuck in your boot laces. You don't want them getting hooked on the shifter or brake pedal. There is no worse feeling than when you come to a stop and try and put your foot down and it won't move as you slowly tip over. Don't ask me how I know.

Cheers - will do on the laces

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pic from last weekend:

Great bike.
Great jacket - by whom?

Lol. Been there, but didn't tip.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The initial moment of panic followed by the acceptance of inevitability as gravity slowly does its thing. I did it in front of a shitload of tourists right there by the Washington Monument, on the corner of 17th St & Constitution Ave. Bike was fine but my ego was shattered

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pic from last weekend:

9055857240_a8fbae3cea_c.jpg

Nice bike. I bet if you changed front fender for a shortened chrome one and remove the rear one altogether it would look eve better

epb

Reaction score
Nice bike, I've long admired the Thruxton. The magazine Iron and Air was doing a giveaway for one at the show, I had to sign up!

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice bike.  I bet if you changed front fender for a shortened chrome one and remove the rear one altogether it would look eve better

I'd love to do some mods to the bike but I'm holding off until the end of riding season. Simple things that I can do quickly, I'd consider now like ignition relocation and lowering the front turn indicators .

Re: the fender elimination - I like the idea but then you lose the tail light/indicator unit. I'm all for shock mounted indicators but they're so f'in tiny, I feel like it's almost unsafe when compared to the big honking stock ones.

I tried to put some biltwell kung fu grips on yesterday but the damn bar cap screw hex heads are stripped. :(

Off to the hardware store after work to get an extractor.

What are your guys thoughts on airbox vs. pod filters?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice bike, I've long admired the Thruxton. The magazine Iron and Air was doing a giveaway for one at the show, I had to sign up!

Thanks - it's a Bonneville actually that's been a bit cafe'd out. I signed up for the giveaway too!

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to do some mods to the bike but I'm holding off until the end of riding season. Simple things that I can do quickly, I'd consider now like ignition relocation and lowering the front turn indicators .

Re: the fender elimination - I like the idea but then you lose the tail light/indicator unit. I'm all for shock mounted indicators but they're so f'in tiny, I feel like it's almost unsafe when compared to the big honking stock ones.

I tried to put some biltwell kung fu grips on yesterday but the damn bar cap screw hex heads are stripped.
frown.gif

Off to the hardware store after work to get an extractor.

What are your guys thoughts on airbox vs. pod filters?

Rain

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My filter is only half enclosed, so it is exposed to rain. No issues...so far. Should evaporate and be no issue. Will actually steam clean cc, lol. I'd think any rain that'd waterlock you would be the kind that you shouldn't be ridin' in.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads