1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. EgliComet

EgliComet Well-Known Member

2. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Well-Known Member

Nice! Thanks! Brand seems popular in Europe, but not so much here in the 'States; I had never heard of them.

I just bought these:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/FURYGAN-TD0...40?pt=Apparel_Merchandise&hash=item19d8b1c6e0

To get a feel for sizing and fit and finish.

If everything checks out, I'll get these for winter, as they look great:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Furygan-LAN...otorcycle-Gloves-Black-Sz-Large-/111069055871

3. EgliComet

Tonight's ride home.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. AeroleathersTB

AeroleathersTB Well-Known Member

...LOL... Drippin' Wet will make these for folks... Just send them a shot of you...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  5. MarioImpemba

So I caved and bought a Vanson Velociraptor replete with armor, and some Vanson Technical Rider pants...

Between this gear and the bike insurance, I have +$1k into the bike this month, phew...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bought dem Fury 'gan gloves, too, so now just need some boots.

Also, washed the ol' girl:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Well-Known Member

Just saw this and it made my liddle wee wee stand up. yes it is a photoshop but I would order a white bike and paint it. Blue bikes are always the fastest ones

[​IMG]

7. SplasH

SplasH Active Member

I'd rather have a yellow one. So sad they dropped the colour to bring white... Their yellow superbikes and supersports where simply stunning. I would kill for a yellow 749 R

1 person likes this.
  8. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Yellow Ducs are like yellow Ferraris... just perfect

Motorcycle brahs... would I be doing my bike a disservice by getting a cheap chain? I'm thinking of getting a Bikemaster or something. Admittedly I did a piss poor job of maintaining my last one

1 person likes this.
  9. Rumpelstiltskin

the choice between a cheap chain with a clip master link or a more expensive one with a rivet type link. Hmmmm

Get a quality chain with a riveted master link. And since you should redo your rear sprocket when you redo you chain (and your front with every 2 changes), make sure you stay away from aluminum. Chains eat teeth on those faster than fat kids inhale cupcakes. Here is a DID X-ring chain and both sprockets for 135 beans.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  10. Rumpelstiltskin

[​IMG]

11. MarioImpemba

A 749R?! Out of all the Ducati's you could have picked?

12. MarioImpemba

The leather case for the oil tank is just silly...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. SplasH

SplasH Active Member

Yeah I like the underdogs :p I prefer middle weight sports bikes, the 748 is way too unreliable and the 848 is too close to a 1048. So yeah, 749R for me.

The disservice will be to you, not your bike. A cheap chain will need more maintenance and adjustments in addition to wearing out faster, meaning the same for your sprockets, I don't think it's worth it. As for fast rivet, they're actually illegal on anything with an engine here, so that tells you how much of a good idea it is to put one on a bike. I wouldn't trust one on anything with more than 30bhp.

14. Rumpelstiltskin

I hate tank bags but this little bag is cool

15. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

OK I will get a legit chain. I want to do track days next year so I might as well do it all right

16. Rumpelstiltskin

Yeah Vanson isn't cheap. What kind of boots are you considering? Yes I know I know - no plastic or titanium bits. whatever you do, don't go the Mickey Rourke route. We will clown you til the end of eterity

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  17. EgliComet

A. That was never an oil tank...Guzzis are wet sump motors.
    B. They are made to look like the original tool boxes from a V7 Sport.

18. Rumpelstiltskin

I'm loving this seat. I hate the idea that these cafe bikes are being made as single seaters.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. John Doe

John Doe Well-Known Member

That Buel has alternative style mufflers like I had on my old Monster i.e. painted truck exhaust tips.

[​IMG]

20. MarioImpemba

[​IMG] Nice. That actually makes me kind of like it then, lol.

You got me all wrong breh. I am not at all opposed to power-rangers gear, my only prereq for a jacket was made-in-the-usa, which is basically nonexistant from Alpinestars, etc, etc. Plus, for $350 with armor, I'm guessing the Vanson quality will shit on most other offerings in that price range. Maybe not. Just a guess.

Boots I am open to anything, and have no idea where to start or what to look for. I am looking for the best protection for the $, looks mostly irrelevant. I def do NOT want some harley-dude looking bullshit street boots like that MR pic. Barf. I do want some speed-racer track looking boots. I think they'd be cool.

After laying the bike down and reading all these ATGATT horror stories, I've been motivated to get proper gear.

I rode to work today in jeans, my Marc Jacobs jacket and Wolverines today, as per usual [​IMG][​IMG]

Lol, poorman's Night Rod?