1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Most you ever spent on a pair of sneakers ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Feb 18, 2005.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

What is the most $ you have ever spent on a pair of sneakers? What is a pair of Y-3's that caught your eye? Or that must-have pair of Pradas?

Jon.

2. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Well-Known Member

Mine was a $100, does not sound like much, but that was cost, the actual price would have been New Ball 2001, great shoe, worth it, who knows.

3. topcatny

topcatny Well-Known Member

I can't remember which one exactly, but it was definitely one of the Air Jordans. I stopped buying them while they were still in the single digit model numbers.

4. Renault78law

Renault78law Well-Known Member

Chris, I bought those exact same shoes for the exact same price (50% off). Great shoe, just wish it was better ventilated.

I posted about my most expensive sneaker purchase...I think it was around $150 - Dolce & Gabbana 'Spain' sneakers. I think retail was $415? Hmmm, maybe they were a little more than $150. Shrug.

5. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

Far too much for Puma Platinums... great shoes though.

6. imageWIS

Yeah, they made a pair Puma Platinum driving mocs a-la-Tod's that incorporated laces, but I was never able to find a pair in my size here in the U.S. Man I wanted those, but they are no longer made. Damn you Puma.

Jon.

7. linux_pro

linux_pro Well-Known Member

Have you seen the new Puma Snoop-Dogg line?

About $120 on Asics for me. I only wear sneakers jogging or playing racquetball (during activity), so the only thing I care about is how good they are as trainers and how long they'll last under heavy stress. Fashion is the last of my concerns when I'm sweating like a pig, and trying to kick some fool's ass at racquetball. Heh heh.

8. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Well-Known Member

I hooked up some Puma Platinums in a DSW for ten bones.

The most I spent (or had spent for me, rather) on sneakers was probably some hideous pair of Shawn Kemp sneakers when I was like 9 years old.

9. imageWIS

Snoop Dogg Pumas? do you have a URL?

Jon.

10. Bergdorf Goodwill

*hopes desperately that someone here wears Ice Creams if only for humor's sake*

11. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Well-Known Member

zip.

sneakers are ugly, especially when worn with a prada suit or some tight polyester blend pair of pants made by Zara or some other sub-par eurotrash "designer brand".

Do thes ugly camper shoes count for "sneakers" too? Because I own one, though I usually wear them at the beach (in brittany).

.luc

12. Luc-Emmanuel

Linux, seriously, you're trying too hard.

.luc

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

$200 for Icecreams? No way man. If they were on sale for, say, $50, maybe. Besides, although Pharrell is awesome, my thinking is that unless you are actually a break dancer, DJ, or Pharrell, wearing Icecreams (especially with baggy jeans and a visor) put you squarely in the chav category.

14. imageWIS

Who said we wore sneakers with suits? Only a dolt would do that. No, one wears sneakers with jeans, or casual linen / cotton pants. Jon. I only wear flip-flops with my suits. [​IMG]

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

Probably some Swears or Prada america's cup, not too sure about the price but probably around $200.

16. Bergdorf Goodwill

*hopes desperately that someone here wears Ice Creams if only for humor's sake*
    $200 for Icecreams? Â No way man. Â If they were on sale for, say, $50, maybe. Â Besides, although Pharrell is awesome, my thinking is that unless you are actually a break dancer, DJ, or Pharrell, wearing Icecreams (especially with baggy jeans and a visor) put you squarely in the chav category.
    They're shoes with neon money signs and diamonds on them. That's hilarious.

17. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Agreed.

Completely in disagreement. The right pair of sneakers look complete jeans. IMO, a lot better casual option than pretty much any leather shoe (some casual boots and distressed laceups being the exceptions), and the light colors provide great contrast to darker outfit. May not be your look, but definitely not ugly.

18. Luc-Emmanuel

(Luc-Emmanuel @ Feb. 18 2005,16:55) zip. sneakers are ugly, especially when worn with a prada suit or some tight polyester blend pair of pants made by Zara or some other sub-par eurotrash "designer brand". Do thes ugly camper shoes count for "sneakers" too? Because I own one, though I usually wear them at the beach (in brittany). .luc
    Who said we wore sneakers with suits? Old a dolt would do that. No, one wears sneakers with jeans, or casual linen / cotton pants. Jon. Â I only wear flip-flops with my suits. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. linux_pro

linux_pro Well-Known Member

20. Luc-Emmanuel

especially when worn with a prada suit or some tight polyester blend pair of pants made by Zara or some other sub-par eurotrash "designer brand".
    Agreed.
    Completely in disagreement. Â The right pair of sneakers look complete jeans. Â IMO, a lot better casual option than pretty much any leather shoe (some casual boots and distressed laceups being the exceptions), and the light colors provide great contrast to darker outfit. Â May not be your look, but definitely not ugly.
    LA Guy, italian boots or "distressed" cap-toes from some (again) italian designers look better. "Moma" comes to mind, or Gianni Barbato. .luc