1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Most cotton clothing is GENETICALLY MODIFIED... ****The Official List of GM-Free Cotton Clothing****

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by 4characters, Jun 3, 2013.

1. 4characters

4characters Well-Known Member

Breaking news: Iron heart recently introduced new organic cotton jeans under their Triple Works label Advertized as “grown from non genetically modified plants”, they state that it “promotes and enhances biodiversity and biological cycles”
    Jeans + picture from Ironheart website: http://www.ironheart.co.uk/triple-works/tw-634n.html
    These are fine jeans to be sure….
    Keep in mind that all Iron Heart products are GMO-free; it’s interesting that they are advertizing that fact now…
    [​IMG]

2. Isachenko

Isachenko Well-Known Member

I'd love to get a pair of those organic ironhearts, but why did they have to put such a retarded looking stitching on the back pocket? And the red vertical "W" to top it off?! Organic jeans don't need any gimmicks and I have no interest in buying them now.

[​IMG]

Here's another company don't know if you listed it already but all they make are tight skinny jeans:

http://www.monkeegenes.com/search/?searchstring=sateen

I need some regular, classic, straight, or relaxed fits without gimmicks. Shouldn't be so damn hard to find, but it is.

3. Isachenko

Now look at these Old Blue Denim Organics:

[​IMG]

Seriously, WTF is this stitching? No wonder most organic jean companies go out of business. [​IMG]

Nudie's stitching may be the worst too. [​IMG]

4. Isachenko

And here we have Kuyichi organics with a couple thorns sticking up each ass cheek:

[​IMG]

5. brightorangetrousers

brightorangetrousers Well-Known Member

You can remove the stitching pretty easily with a seam ripper.

6. Isachenko

hmm.. without compromising the denim or leaving a ghost impression?

The ironheart jeans look the best to me but that red "W" looks densely stitched multiple times.

7. brightorangetrousers

brightorangetrousers Well-Known Member

Haven't done it myself, but loads of people on here/Superfuture/etc remove pocket stitching as a regular thing. But yeah, you probably couldn't take out the red "W".

8. Isachenko

Yeah, at $300 for the pair they're about $75 overpriced anyways and that's without defaced pockets. I didn't even know Ironheart was a member here, much less a devoted thread till today. No disrespect if reading this but somebody's gotta tell it like it is.

9. 4characters

I previously said that I thought Iron Heart uses Supima (US pima) cotton because it was pretty much the only American long staple variety to use, but it turns out they don’t… It’s actually a super rare American variety virtually unknown to commercial cotton growers and, of course, it’s of unbelievably excellent quality.
    Here’s a visual:
    Levis cotton
    [​IMG]
    Iron Heart cotton
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

4Characters is BACK!

1 person likes this.
  11. 4characters

I return from the lush fields of IH forum bringing great tidings of fine cotton! [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

13. 4characters

Iron Heart seems to be very protective of this kind of information; the name is not available to me. It appears to be a secret… Iron heart denim is simply unbelievable though. Really next level stuff.

1 person likes this.
  14. 4characters

15. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

What's toxic about genetically modified cotton?

16. Landscape

Landscape Well-Known Member

^Was that bump really necessary?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  17. blahman

blahman Well-Known Member

this threak just popped up on my front page. It has been a good read.

18. 4characters

Neil Young is very involved with this issue. Word on the street is that he won't buy GM clothing, strictly organic which is nice to be able to do. He also spreads much love for sustainability and local agriculture. His new album, The M0nsanto Years is really great and worth a listen.
    [​IMG]

By the way, here is something really cool. PuraKai is a company out of San Diego that makes organic clothing from extra long fiber cotton and now some other materials as well such as recycled plastic bottles. They make the clothing locally in Ca and even use local materials. I got a hold of a couple Ca grown organic cotton shirts a while back and the quality is excellent.
    Some pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Colors, fabric, and detailing is great as well:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]