1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

morning or evening workout?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by matadorpoeta, Mar 21, 2006.

1. J-Shock

J-Shock Well-Known Member

I cant go to the gym in the morning, if i do, i will not do much. I usually go in the afternoon, around 4pm before i go back home after work. Sometimes, i like to go at around 7pm or 8pm depending on how late i am going out afterwards. It enegizes for a late night out on the town, which happens very rarely.

2. mbc

mbc Well-Known Member

I try to do cardio in the morning and weights in the evening. That routine is quite possibly based on faulty logic, but it seems to be working out OK thus far.

3. CaptChaos

CaptChaos Well-Known Member

My company has a free gym in the building and I go after work. When it is free and convenient, it is hard to make an excuse not to go.

4. borace

borace Well-Known Member

I incorporate my exercise into my normal working day. Instead of taking the tube train, I walk from Euston to my office. It takes about 30 mins each way, morning and afternoon. This way I get one hour brisk walking exercise every working day.

borace

5. teddieriley

teddieriley Well-Known Member

When I was in high school I worked out in the middle of the day after school.
    When I was in undergrad I would work out in the middle of the day or sometimes late at night anywhere from 9pm-12am depending on whether i was bored or wanted to procrastinate studying.
    After graduating, I mostly worked out in the evening after dinner because I am not a morning person. No way I could wake up with enough time to drive to the gym, drive back and get ready. I'm not yet in the stage where I'm willing to walk around a locker room naked like all the other old guys at the various 24 Hour Fitness gyms I go to. Maybe when I'm 50.
    Now I'm in law school, I 've been working out in the mornings since I don't have class till the evenings. I find that my cardio is much more effective on an empty stomach, and with a better diet, have seen real improvements and have gotten pretty lean. It's almost as if all the time I spent working out at night during my working days was useless. Hardly any changes to my body. Morning workouts force me to get up (but not as early as I would have if I actually had a real job), give me a good start to my day, I feel good that I've gotten working out out of the way, and working out in the morning makes me want to eat healthy throughout the day. If I stop working out or do it at night on rare occasions, my diet gets out of whack.

6. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "empty stomach"? For optimum exercise, the body needs at least an hour to digest a meal.

As most know, the body needs replenishment after exercise. That's another reason why a workout in the late evening is not a good choice for most. (It will make it harder to fall asleep on time.)

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I incorporate my exercise into my normal working day. Instead of taking the tube train, I walk from Euston to my office. It takes about 30 mins each way, morning and afternoon. This way I get one hour brisk walking exercise every working day.

borace

I walk about 40 minutes to and from work everyday, and once or twice a week double that to run errands, but I don't really consider it "exercise". I am addicted to the endorphin rush of a good run (if you aren't drenched, you haven't been running!) or some other forum of cardiovascular activity (rowing is my new thing), and really like to feel the ache in my body after a good session on the weights... Mondays and Fridays I take a break from the gym.