1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Monitaly for Styleforum - the Darkseid collection, NOW AVAILABLE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jul 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. tdes81

tdes81 Well-Known Member

Very cool, as a fellow academic, many congrats to your wife! I hope you're having a massive party for it - not a small accomplishment by any means!

I actually go up for tenure this coming year myself. Need to get everything put together by September...

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

The collection is now here! Those who have received invoices for the 50% remainder on your preorder, please pay them ASAP if you want them to go out this Wednesday.

For the rest of you, we have a small number of jackets and of pants, that will be up on the site, shortly. There will be a small 5% discount code (we already discounted retail on both items, which were pretty darn expensive to get made) as well. There are literally about 1, sometimes 2, of any size, so jump on it when it shows up (I will announce it here.)

Cheers,

Fok.

3. LA Guy

Pretty much all of the orders have now been paid for and shipped.

We have a very limited selection of items left, 1 or 2 items in each of the available sizes.

Please take a look here: http://www.styleforummarket.com/monitaly/ if you are interested in ordering either the pants or the jacket (btw, the prices are higher than the prices of the olive version because of the cost of the 2 part dyeing process, which added about $100 to the production costs - we ate much of that.)

To ease the pain, I am offering a 10% discount on the items. Please use the code SFMON10.

Guys who have already preordered - would love to see some fit pics!

Cheers, and enjoy,

Fok.

4. LA Guy

5. LA Guy

They are now available. If you want it, use the code: SFMON10 for 10% off.

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

word. same sizing as my wool lined version? or size down slightly one? thinking down 1 since I wont wear much of a layer under

7. LA Guy

Hmmm... I guess a picture would help.

I would be loathe to wear this thing fitted, as it is really not meant to be (if you want a cinched waist, you can use the drawstring. But it is a parka, not a tailored jacket. I went TTS. I am a size 40, and the size 40 fits me well, with just a tee underneath.

8. Brydinut

Brydinut Active Member

I did not seem to receive my second invoice for the last half of the preorder. Wondering if it might've slipped through the cracks as I can't seem to find it in my spam filter too. Anyone have this happen?

9. LA Guy

It was sent... I'll resend it later today (working out right now).

10. LA Guy

Re-sent. Please PM me if you haven't gotten that yet.

Cheers,

Fok.

1 person likes this.
  11. LA Guy

Just to bump this so that the last few to not have paid the remainder of their invoice can do so, and so that anyone who missed out can get the last remaining pieces/

12. oulipien

oulipien Well-Known Member

Congrats to your wife!

Re: the pants, how heavy is the tent fabric? Is it something you might actually want to hike around on rocks in, like the picture at the beginning of the thread?

13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

If it's not hot out! It's pretty heavy, I'd say.

14. LA Guy

To me, the material is not super heavy. I would guess at about 11 or 12 ounces, depending on the specific tent - this is the typical weight of vintage army tents, but very loose and airy. If you go to say, REI. it is as heavy as the heavier canvas pants there, so, yes, you can hike in it, but I would not personally recommend it for very hot and/or humid conditions, in which case, let's face it, technical garments are best.

15. tdes81

tdes81 Well-Known Member

My jacket came in today and I just have to say holy shit am I impressed. I feel like this thing is built like a tank. The thing is just covered with awesome details. Will have to take some fit pics.

3 people like this.
  16. click here

click here Well-Known Member

Not even one fit pic?

1 person likes this.