• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Monitaly for Styleforum - the Darkseid collection, NOW AVAILABLE

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, the STYFO10 discount is on until the end of the month, though the preorder goes until mid August. The reason for this is that early pre-orders makes it easier for me to gauge things. It's always much more stressful when people waaaaaait until the last possible minute to order. There's not particularly good reason for that either...

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spacepope is wearing the 32 in the pants and 38 in the jacket? Are those your typical sizes? Jacket seems to fit TTS, can't tell for the pants - could you have sized down?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WOW looks good, excellent photos

What's a 32 in euro sizing? 46 or 48?? In for a pair of pants, just trying to figure out if I need a 32 or 34. Usually take a 42cm waist with big thighs, but these look pretty relaxed.

Last edited:

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spacepope is wearing the 32 in the pants and 38 in the jacket? Are those your typical sizes? Jacket seems to fit TTS, can't tell for the pants - could you have sized down?

Yeah, the pants are a 32 and the jacket is a 38 (my typical sizes). The jacket fits TTS––I could fit a medium-weight knit underneath. The pants run about a size large. These sat very low on my waist, but I really liked the effect combined with the hidden drawstrings in the hems. If I were to get the pants I'd go TTS.

Also: both pieces are ******* dope. The fabric is light, breathable, and with the perfect amount of slub––a little textured, but not over the top. Good for spring, fall, and those cooler summer days. The overdye is beautiful, will age well, yada yada yada. The quality is there too. Hefty hardware, reinforced elbows/knees/seat/shoulders, a DOPE tag, clean finishing, pockets everywhere, tons of little details to discover. And despite being murked out, the pieces are really versatile. The pants (my favorite) would work as Julius-lite or something a little more woodsy (paging @g transistor ). Synth wore the jacket with his infamous APCs and it looked completely natural. For the price, this is by far the nicest and most versatile mid-weight parka I've handled. The pants seem like they'd go with anything, and last you through the end of the world. Full disclosure: SF is not compensating me in any way for telling you to buy this **** right now.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

WOW looks good, excellent photos

What's a 32 in euro sizing? 46 or 48?? In for a pair of pants, just trying to figure out if I need a 32 or 34. Usually take a 42cm waist with big thighs, but these look pretty relaxed.

You'd definitely be a 32 at the biggest. Like Jack, I find the pants run a little big - I can wear the 32 ( I am usually a 34) and it's just barely tighter than I would want (worn at natural waist). If you want relaxed/comfy order your usual size, and I would hazard that you could size down one if you wanted slimmer - BUT I will defer to fok since I don't want to steer anyone wrong, because you run the risk of the waist being on the tight side an I don't know how much stretch is in this fabric. My guess is very little.

The parka is very tts.

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the info. @LA Guy sell me the sample!!

sepp

Reaction score
Very keen despite picking up 2 cargos recently.

Any pictures of these pants not pulled tight at the hems? Would be keen to see how it goes with something like sneakers or non combat boots footwear.
1f60a.png

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I knew someone would ask, but no, no pictures. They fall straight? They look good, too. Perfect for vans or any sneaker.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To expand, I tried them yesterday with my vans and they look good both cinched and uncinched. Fok will probably wear his straight with a pair of vibergs, I will wear with vans or tucked into boots, and you can see what pope would do. I think cinched on top a pair of chukkas - in a tan or off-brown - would look really cool.

There are a lot of options - they work worn at the waist or slouched, and pattern is just really cool. Great material, too. And I couldn't be happier with the way the dye came out - slightly uneven, tons of character, so that the fabric shines through. It's exactly what we were hoping for when we started discussing this little project with Yuki last winter.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very keen despite picking up 2 cargos recently.

Any pictures of these pants not pulled tight at the hems? Would be keen to see how it goes with something like sneakers or non combat boots footwear.
1f60a.png
I have a pair that I wear uncinched, over hightops or Guidi chukkas, in the original, olive color, and they fall very straight and relaxed. I'm on a rare vacation right now, or rather, packing to go on it, but if I have time today, I'll try to get off a quick snap.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd definitely be a 32 at the biggest. Like Jack, I find the pants run a little big - I can wear the 32 ( I am usually a 34) and it's just barely tighter than I would want (worn at natural waist). If you want relaxed/comfy order your usual size, and I would hazard that you could size down one if you wanted slimmer - BUT I will defer to fok since I don't want to steer anyone wrong, because you run the risk of the waist being on the tight side an I don't know how much stretch is in this fabric. My guess is very little.

The parka is very tts.
I wear a pair of size 34 in the pants, that fit quite loosely on the waist. My usual jean size is a 33, and I am a 34 in "dress" pants. I would recommend that you buy them TTS. The pants are not meant to be worn slim, and imo, having a tight waist and a slightly less roomy seat and thigh sort of defeats the relaxed, comfortable feeling and look, of these pants. However, I'm not one to argue with people appropriating an item and making it conform to their own style.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, the pants are a 32 and the jacket is a 38 (my typical sizes). The jacket fits TTS––I could fit a medium-weight knit underneath. The pants run about a size large. These sat very low on my waist, but I really liked the effect combined with the hidden drawstrings in the hems. If I were to get the pants I'd go TTS.

Also: both pieces are ******* dope. The fabric is light, breathable, and with the perfect amount of slub––a little textured, but not over the top. Good for spring, fall, and those cooler summer days. The overdye is beautiful, will age well, yada yada yada. The quality is there too. Hefty hardware, reinforced elbows/knees/seat/shoulders, a DOPE tag, clean finishing, pockets everywhere, tons of little details to discover. And despite being murked out, the pieces are really versatile. The pants (my favorite) would work as Julius-lite or something a little more woodsy (paging @g transistor
 ). Synth wore the jacket with his infamous APCs and it looked completely natural. For the price, this is by far the nicest and most versatile mid-weight parka I've handled. The pants seem like they'd go with anything, and last you through the end of the world. Full disclosure: SF is not compensating me in any way for telling you to buy this **** right now.

These are ******* dope and you did an awesome job modeling them. At first I was really put off by the price (SF conditioning still hasn't really gotten to the point where I drop $400 for pants) but after these photos I am legitimately considering.

Definitely can be styled a lot of ways. I don't wear much black but these definitely seem versatile... can definitely see it in some great EG looks, mixed with maybe a wool jacket/puff vest, long shirt, visvim boots. People like Rais of course can pull it off, too. Just so many ways that I think that they would look great.

This photo is just simply amazing

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

These are ******* dope and you did an awesome job modeling them. At first I was really put off by the price (SF conditioning still hasn't really gotten to the point where I drop $400 for pants) but after these photos I am legitimately considering.

Definitely can be styled a lot of ways. I don't wear much black but these definitely seem versatile... can definitely see it in some great EG looks, mixed with maybe a wool jacket/puff vest, long shirt, visvim boots. People like Rais of course can pull it off, too. Just so many ways that I think that they would look great.

This photo is just simply amazing

I wish the price was lower as well, but double overdyeing raised the cost a ton, as well as limited production. If it helps you at all, $400 is lower that what Japanese retail would be, significantly.

That's not even accounting for our r&d costs.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also see these projects, viberg, etc as a great way to give back to this site. I spend a ton of time on here and have learned so much abd see it is as a way to give back a bit

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads