1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Money on Clothes.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mistawho, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Maharlika

Maharlika Well-Known Member

I'm too embarrassed to admit how much money I spend on clothing, but it's quite a bit. I'm not shy dropping 1500 USD for a pair of shoes or spending 2000USD for a non sale item on a blazer. My budget for my fragrance collection alone is exobitant! The last big shopping spree I had was in Paris about a year ago. I spent about 15,000 USD in a course of one week. Too bad, I didn't get my VAT refund:-(

2. chronic

chronic Well-Known Member

depends, but I spend anywhere from $0-$1000 a month. doesn't help that I live near a Century 21, Off 5th, Nordstrom Rack, Filene's Basement, Syms, and a number of malls. or that I've bought a bunch of raw denim since discovering SF.

3. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Well-Known Member

I'm too embarrassed to admit how much money I spend on clothing, but it's quite a bit. I'm not shy dropping 1500 USD for a pair of shoes or spending 2000USD for a non sale item on a blazer. My budget for my fragrance collection alone is exobitant! The last big shopping spree I had was in Paris about a year ago. I spent about 15,000 USD in a course of one week. Too bad, I didn't get my VAT refund:-(

what did you buy that you spent 15 grand?

4. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Well-Known Member

I think spending a lot of money on clothing is fine if your buying stuff thats actually worth it. However it takes some time and a lot of time getting to the point where you can buy stuff thats actually worth it...

5. lithium180

lithium180 Well-Known Member

Having recently started to get into this more seriously and with a lot of dependence on ebay and consignment, $200-300 /mo.

6. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

I've spent 500 in the past WEEK... and I'm a student with a part time job.

Most weeks are not like this, however. I would say 3-400/mo. average over the past 8 months.

7. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Well-Known Member

So far in 2008: $0

But I'm eyeing APC Indian Moccasins and possibly some cordovan longwings. Also some more OCBDs.

8. Racove

Racove Well-Known Member

Just went over my credit card statements. I've spent $2900 on clothes since October. So... I guess that means over $700 a month.

Obviously, thats a bit excessive and I need to slow down. I went nuts during all the Holiday sales. I'd say that the average discount was close to 50% off though. Most expensive item was about $350 for Paul Smith York boots.

I'm still pretty new to the forum and have learned to hate almost everything I had before I started lurking here. I'm more or less in the process of redoing my entire wardrobe.

9. KBW

KBW Well-Known Member

In the last week or so I've spent about 1.5K on new SS 09 stuff and shoes and I still owe Blake around 250 or so but my account is on hold pending investigation from some foreigner getting a cash advance. I've bought from Farinellis, rogues gallery, gary, Odin, MJK, etc within the last couple of weeks.

I usually only spend about 1k or so/month though. More when seasonal stuff drops.

10. 2sweet

2sweet Well-Known Member

Only????

I usually only spend about 1k or so/month though. More when seasonal stuff drops.

11. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^Is that a lot?

12. XenoX101

XenoX101 Well-Known Member

Thread title made me think.. [​IMG]