1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. insomniac341

insomniac341 Well-Known Member

The contest looks awesome, but idk if I'll get my pair in time. I'm still trying to figure out which would fit me best haha. Either the 702 or going to a japan blue tapered cut. I wish there was somewhere around Orange County CA to try them on! Even up in LA would work - I just want the perfect pair of raw denim finally!

2. insomniac341

Also, Argentino - how does that 400sp pair fit you? Since it's a tapered cut with wider thighs and you're next going to the slimmer 702s, what would you say the fit difference is?

I have 22" thighs, measured around, and usually wear a 31 in N&F weird guys, but the thigh always seems to stretch to baggy proportions, and the knee gets the infamous "knee bags"...any ideas/thoughts?

The N&F skinny guy is a bit too skinny for me...do you think momo/JB cuts are better?

Thanks dude.

3. MKMKMK

MKMKMK Active Member

Awesome jay. I am in. Receive my 0702 from jay and waiting for the contest to start !!! Game on. :slayer:

4. MKMKMK

MKMKMK Active Member

Insomniac: I think 0700sp would suit u. But do take note about the thigh measurement. 0700 is quite tight at the thigh and a little tapered. Just my opinion.

5. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Well-Known Member

i also may not be good to go by the 6th, but i don't think starting late should be a barrier to entry. if anything, it just puts you a little further behind.

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

My JB400 fits me far better than some N&F WGs that I'd had for a while. I enjoy the fit a lot. Fit difference for me between a Momo70- and JB400 is pretty much just the leg opening. I take a tagged-33 in the JB, and a tagged 36 in the 70-. Waist is about the same, upper thigh is about the same, and by then the only real difference is knee down. JBs are fairly vanity sized in comparison to true Momotaros which almost always run TTS. I'd done a 34 in a 701, but dem thighs were a dealbreaker, so I snagged a "small waisted" 36 for the 702 right when Jay started carrying them.

I think that both of them end up w/ an upper thigh between 12.5-12.75. Waist is a bit different, but JB400 for me sits lower, so I can afford a bit more slack on my hips. Jays measurements posted on BlueOwl are pretty spot on in every case.

I think knee bags are just part of the game eventually, especially if you're prone to really dense combs - all that fabric on the opposite side of the leg has to go somewhere.

Hope this helps.

7. insomniac341

Did you mean the 400sp? Thanks for the info though - I do think that I'm now leaning towards the 0401 or the 400sp since they are the same cut.

Awesome thanks for such an informative response. I think I'll try for the 400sp or the JB0401. I guess it just comes down to personal preference at that point. How do the stripes on the back pocket hold up? Is the color nice in person? I have a pair of LHT and I love the color but I'd imagine these are a bit darker?

Sorry for so many questions haha I just am tight on money and want to get this right!

8. tropics

tropics Well-Known Member

9. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

Hey guys if you plan on participating in the Momo 702 fade contest please PM me.

We would like to have a buy in of 10 USD.

10. itbegins

itbegins Well-Known Member

I'm really bummed my 701s can't be in the contest...

11. Mistral

Mistral Well-Known Member

Good reason to buy a pair of 0702's!

1 person likes this.
  12. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Momotaro: "Going to Battle" Denim Jacket - - Restocked Again [​IMG] Our recent restock from earlier this month of the Momotaro "Going to Battle" denim jacket sold out in most sizes quickly.....so we ordered another restock immediately which just arrived! The Momotaro "Going to Battle" denim jacekt has become one of our store favorites. It runs slim in the arms and body and length hits just below the belt which is the ideal fit for a denim jacket. We first introduced the "going to battle" denim jacket in fall 2011 and we are excited to have it available this season. We currently have stock in all sizes. Momotaro "Going to Battle"15.7oz Raw Denim Jacket - Model 2105SP
    - "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story.
    - 15.7oz selvedge one wash raw (cold soaked in sea water)
    - Deep blue natural indigo denim using super-dense 6s yarn Zimbabwe cotton
    - Deer skin patch
    - Pink selvedge
    - 100% Zimbabwe cotton
    - Sizes 36, 38, 40, 42, 44
    - Made in Japan
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7800000 More details cane be seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/10/momotaro-going-to-battle-157oz-denim_24.html

13. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Momotaro: "Going to Battle" T-shirts [​IMG] A restock of "Going to Battle" Zimbabwe cotton t-shirts just arrived! We will continue to stock 4 colors: Orange, White, Black, and Red [​IMG] Momotaro "Going to Battle" t-shirts feature a slim fit, the heavy 5.2oz weight fabric made with 100% Zimbabwe cotton which is extremely soft and durable, and the signature Momotaro battle stripes. The "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. Momotaro "Going to Battle" 5.2oz 100% Zimbabwe Cotton T-Shirt in Orange - Model MT301 * "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * Available in sizes S, M, L, XL * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7928000 Momotaro "Going to Battle" 5.2oz 100% Zimbabwe Cotton T-Shirt in White - Model MT301 * "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * Available in sizes S, M, L, XL * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7928001 Momotaro "Going to Battle" 5.2oz 100% Zimbabwe Cotton T-Shirt in Black - Model MT301 * "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * Available in sizes S, M, L, XL * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7928002 Momotaro "Going to Battle" 5.2oz 100% Zimbabwe Cotton T-Shirt in Red - Model MT301 * "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * Available in sizes S, M, L, XL * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7928003 More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/10/momotaro-going-to-battle-52oz-100.html

14. comicto

comicto Well-Known Member

when's the deadline for this?

15. El Argentino

Trying to get as many people on board as possible for a start on Nov. 6th.

16. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Introducing - - Japan Blue x Blue Owl x Momotaro collab chino [​IMG] We are proud to introduce a new project....the Japan Blue x Blue Owl collaboration series. Our first collaboration with Japan Blue is actually a 3 way collaboration featuring Momotaro. This collaboration is a slim chino using the Japan Blue skinny straight fit, details from both the Momotaro and Japan Blue labels, designed by Blue Owl, and a limited production run of 63 pairs. Japan Blue x Blue Owl x Momotaro 9.5oz Slub/Slub "Going to Battle" Skinny Straight Selvedge Chino * The fabric is a custom made 9.5oz selvedge chino made with slub yarn for both the warp and weft. The fabric is made on old shuttle looms at very slow speeds that can produce only 50m of fabric per day. The fabric is then dyed using a special machine called a "Jikka". Jikka dying machines were produced before the 1950's and are very difficult to use because it is a very slow process, yet very careful with the fabric causing much less damage compared to modern dying machines. The result is a fabric that will achieve a very natural fade after wearing and appearance of a real vintage chino. This chino is made for real chino lovers! * Japan Blue's "skinny straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers from the thigh to the leg opening. * "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. * As this is a collaboration including Momotaro, we also added a small detail using both Momotaro and Japan Blue hardware. All hardware is dark bronze finish. * Custom Japan Blue + Blue Owl cowhide leather patch * Beige selvedge * 100% cotton * Available in sizes 28-34, 36 * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7770000 More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/10/japan-blue-x-blue-owl-x-momotaro-95oz.html

1 person likes this.
  17. El Argentino

18. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

+1

For those of you interested in participating please pm me so I can get a head count.

19. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Well-Known Member

gave in...midnight warrior's coming my way next week.

very pumped

20. willrh1

willrh1 Well-Known Member

Received my 003's today! The pink inseam is more noticeable than I thought it would be.. not so sure how I feel about it yet. Fit is pretty spot on though.