1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Well-Known Member

Pink inseam makes it more interesting to me. Will laugh at people who try to associate pink with girls or gay. Luckily that dumb shit doesn't happen in Asia.

Not that I'm going to be getting any more denim for a long time, but if I need another pair then Momotaro is pretty high up on what I'm thinking of getting for next time.

I'm not associating pink with anything. But it's bright and stands out regardless of what people who have them try to say. I've had a pair so I can speak from experience. I don't think bright stitching belongs on jeans regardless of what color it is, and why I hate orange stitching as well. It's not like it's a dull pink or anything. It's brighter in person then what pictures suggest.

2. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

Then they saw the pink stitching and thought I had girl jeans on or something.

I meant this part, I know you aren't going to think pink=gay/girl or else I figure you wouldn't have gotten them in the first place. Fair argument then, I turned down getting some Uniqlo jeans because of the color in stitching too.

3. Jbreen1

I meant this part, I know you aren't going to think pink=gay/girl or else I figure you wouldn't have gotten them in the first place. Fair argument then, I turned down getting some Uniqlo jeans because of the color in stitching too.

O ok I gotcha. But yea people definitely associate pink with girls for the most part I think. I wouldn't even mind a dull pink/salmon color but it's just so bright. Like a cotton candy color but almost neon. The fit is the best I've seen in the 0201, at least for me. And the denim has so much texture and the perfect weight. I thought they would darken when you soak them but the indigo really doesn't bleed much.

4. Doctor

Doctor Well-Known Member

How odd. See, I don't think the pink is very prominent at all [​IMG] - it's just not that visible. I don't think many people look you up and down and examine your outfit to the extent that they notice you have a pink inseam... I know I never do...

I guess it polarises opinion - love it or hate it.

5. Jbreen1

I wonder if you could get it ripped out and restitched in a better color. I bet you could, just wonder how much it would cost.

6. wahwho11

wahwho11 Well-Known Member

got my jeans tapered for around 10 bucks, I'd imagine just restiching is cheaper. Keep the pink, their thread is usually better than what you'd get at tailors.

7. Jbreen1

got my jeans tapered for around 10 bucks, I'd imagine just restiching is cheaper. Keep the pink, their thread is usually better than what you'd get at tailors.

As long as they use a poly blend it should be fine.

8. scb

scb Well-Known Member

has anyone tried the MVPA01?

9. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

Does the 0701s come with the pink stitching?[​IMG]

10. Doctor

Doctor Well-Known Member

Does the 0701s come with the pink stitching?[​IMG]

Yup.

Don't be too put off. It's not as scary as it's been made to sound.

11. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

Yup.

Don't be too put off. It's not as scary as it's been made to sound.

Don't worry. That's the reason why I'm interested.[​IMG]

12. Arms_Akimbo

Arms_Akimbo Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. I thought it might be the case. That'd be the "going to battle" model which is the 0701... Since there is a vintage "tight straight" as well.

Shame. I thought they'd be cheaper than BiG for some reason. BiG are getting a restock first week of November (sold out of the popular sizes in the 0201).

My 0701 said 'vintage label tight straight' on them...

And while I'm not going to say that the pink stitching isn't noticeable, the indigo is starting to rub off on it and make it less bright. I imagine this will only continue.

13. Jbreen1

And while I'm not going to say that the pink stitching isn't noticeable, the indigo is starting to rub off on it and make it less bright. I imagine this will only continue.

You're correct. I missed his post, but like I said the vintage tight straight is the 0701 and the vintage slim straight is the 0201.

14. iwhelan

iwhelan Well-Known Member

I don't see what the big deal is on the inseam stitching. It is really not that obvious. The thread isn't even that thick! If you don't like it that much, take a marker and darken the stitching. No one will ever know. I think it is cool though! Its just a small detail that separates Momotaro jeans from just about every other Levis repro brand. It is really not bright, and as the indigo wears around it, it kind of colours the thread a bit darker anyway.

-Ian

15. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

The slim straights are the 0201's. The tight straights are the 0701's.

You're correct. I missed his post, but like I said the vintage tight straight is the 0701 and the vintage slim straight is the 0201.
    Are you sure it's the same denim?[​IMG]

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1232 [​IMG]

Nothing BiG sells has that line action on the AZZ like those Battle Tight Straights.[​IMG]

The measurements from BiG and Context are really different.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. snake

snake Well-Known Member

Are you sure it's the same denim?[​IMG] http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1232 [​IMG] Nothing BiG sells has that line action on the AZZ like those Battle Tight Straights.[​IMG] The measurements from BiG and Context are really different.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28 Going to Battle Tight Straight = 0703 ? Measurements from the two sites are quite off from each other! Context has them as smaller than tagged, while BiG has them as larger than tagged.

17. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

Going to Battle Tight Straight = 0703 ?

Measurements from the two sites are quite off from each other! Context has them as smaller than tagged, while BiG has them as larger than tagged.

The tag on Going to Battle Tight Straights say Lot 0705. It's an ounce thicker too.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Jbreen1

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

Going to Battle Tight Straight = 0703 ?

Measurements from the two sites are quite off from each other! Context has them as smaller than tagged, while BiG has them as larger than tagged.

I think BIG is a little bit off. I've gotten a pair of 0201's from them and they were smaller then their measurements. Go true to size, at least for the 0201's, and you'll be good.

19. snake

snake Well-Known Member

They must be different then? hmm

I'm itching for a pair of 0701.

20. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Well-Known Member

^ BiG do have those white back stripes in 14oz... or at least they did a few months ago. i know cuz i tried them on. as for context measurements on the 15.7oz, they're O/W. however, maybe they're just different model/cut altogether.