1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. maltess

maltess Well-Known Member

2. maltess

maltess Well-Known Member

Well, I think I am heading towards the 0701, but looking at the BIG chart I would be fine I think witha 31 and looking at context I would be a 32, Which would be more accurate?

kind regards

3. Mistral

Mistral Well-Known Member

Well, okay... I made a fitpic after a hotsoak and a hem on the safe side... In case it shrinks even more. Here it is, please tell me what you think of it.

[​IMG]

4. whatever123

whatever123 Well-Known Member

mis...i think the fit looks great. if you dont have any ass sag [​IMG]

5. Mistral

Mistral Well-Known Member

mis...i think the fit looks great. if you dont have any ass sag [​IMG]

He, thanks... Well, no ass sag here. I have a pair of 501's too, those had a bit of a diaper ass though after the initial soak (which almost dissapeared when I washed them), this one is fine actually.

6. Islander

Islander Well-Known Member

Momotaro 0201 size 36 after a hot soak and one month of wear (fully stretched): waist 18.5; front rise 11.3; back rise 16; thigh 14; knee 9.75; hem 9.25; inseam 37.75. They fit slim through the thigh (on me) with only a slight taper from knee to hem; a true straight leg fit.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I am really happy with these after much trial and error with other cuts. I rarely cuff, but thought I would for the front shot above.

I am going to give these a few months of my life before I work another pair into rotation. I'm looking for a slightly more tapered cut with a smaller leg opening that can be worn with sneakers, but I don't want to go much slimmer in the thigh or shorter in the rise. That rules out the 0701, so I am looking at the Samurai S710XX and the Ande Whall Miner, both of which seem to meet my requirements (e.g. 38"+ inseam).

Money shot: pink stitching in contrast with dirt from yard work today.

[​IMG]

7. whatever123

whatever123 Well-Known Member

Momotaro 0201 size 36 after a hot soak and one month of wear (fully stretched): waist 18.5; front rise 11.3; back rise 16; thigh 14; knee 9.75; hem 9.25; inseam 37.75. They fit slim through the thigh (on me) with only a slight taper from knee to hem; a true straight leg fit. [​IMG] [​IMG] I am really happy with these after much trial and error with other cuts. I rarely cuff, but thought I would for the front shot above. I am going to give these a few months of my life before I work another pair into rotation. I'm looking for a slightly more tapered cut with a smaller leg opening that can be worn with sneakers, but I don't want to go much slimmer in the thigh or shorter in the rise. That rules out the 0701, so I am looking at the Samurai S710XX and the Ande Whall Miner, both of which seem to meet my requirements (e.g. 38"+ inseam). Money shot: pink stitching in contrast with dirt from yard work today. [​IMG]
    these look great as well... i would do the 710 cut. my size 34's have a hem just under 8." what shoes are you wearing those with. its hard to tell because you need to cut your grass...[​IMG] but are those yuketens country rangers or ranger mocs?

8. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Well-Known Member

yea, the 201s came out nice. worth the trouble, man. 'careful with the 701s tho'__ you can't TTS on them with those thighs of yours.

9. Islander

^ Thanks IIIrd. Already ruled out the 701s... but I am looking for input on the S710s.

My concern with the Samurais is definitely the thigh measurement: BIG says the raw S710XX in 36 has waist 18.5, front rise 12, back rise 15.75, thigh 13.5, knee 9.75, hem 8.75, inseam 39.5.

The boots are my work boots: RW Iron Rangers in roughout leather that has been dubbed and beat up quite a bit.

10. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Well-Known Member

ftfy__ i meant s710XX, sorry.

yea, the 201s came out nice. worth the trouble, man. 'careful with the 710s tho'__ you can't TTS on them with those thighs of yours.

11. Islander

Yeah, TTS S710s would be at least 1/2" tighter in the thighs than the 0201s... *could* work if they stretch back to their raw size. Might wait until I can try them on in person though.

12. boomtime

boomtime Well-Known Member

Hey guys just looking for a little advice on fit; one the 705BIG if i'm at a 35'' wait would it be a safer bet to shrink down a 36 or stretch a 34? Not close to anyplace that carries momotaro and this will be my first online jean order. I'm comfortable in nudie average joe's in 36 but the waists are a little on the big side if that could help on sizing anything. THanks in advance any advice would be great.

13. Nopike343

Nopike343 Well-Known Member

I recently purchased 705BIG in raw. See my posts from 3-4 weeks ago. I normally wear 34's and can even fit into a 33 in some jeans. The 34 in the 705's were too small for me, especially in the thighs. I exchanged the 34's for 36's and after a warm soak and a spin in the dryer they shrunk to a perfect size for me, just enough room to move comfortably without being too loose.

These are a tight weave and do not stretch much. For reference I'm 6' 1" and 190lbs.

If you want to play it safe get 36 in one wash, they are already shrunk, that way if they are too tight you can return them.

14. Nopike343

Nopike343 Well-Known Member

I'm very pleased with the 705's but at 15.75 oz they are a relatively thick denim. Can't see wearing them when temperatures are much above 70 degrees.

15. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Update - Ships next week! We expect to have in store by mid-November. Final price and sizing will not be available until arrival. We expect the price to be approximately $250 USD. We are not accepting pre-orders, but do have an e-mail waiting list. Those on the waiting list will be e-mailed upon arrival and will have first chance to purchase. Please send e-mail to sales@blueowl.us to add your name to the waiting list.

Momotaro x Naked & Famous Collaboration Denim
    [​IMG]
    Introducing the Momotaro x Naked & Famouse collaboration which will be released late fall 2010. This denim combines the Japanese artisan craftsmanship of Momotaro with the Naked & Famous Skinny Guy fit. The denim is made by Momotaro in Kojima Japan and uses all of Momotaro standard design features including signature stitching details and engraved hardware. The fabric is a 14 oz Japanese indigo selvedge. Labels and other details combine features and stories from both labels. Only 600 pairs will be available. We will be the only USA boutique stocking the collaboration. Expect a couple stores in Canada to also stock it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More information can be seen on our latest blogpost at http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...ed-famous.html

16. nonissue

nonissue Well-Known Member

wish they were in weird guy. super nice though.

17. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

wish they were in weird guy. super nice though.

Yeah, it'd have been nice if they had done more than one cut for this collab. I'd definitely get it if it was available in the Slim Guy cut.

18. cb_32

cb_32 Well-Known Member

guys for future reference, what is the slimmest cut?

im not looking for skinny, but something thats straight-slim.

19. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

guys for future reference, what is the slimmest cut? im not looking for skinny, but something thats straight-slim.
    Skinny Guy is the slimmest cut, Slim Guy is the loosest, Weird Guy is in between. EDIT: Sorry, I thought you were talking about N&F cuts since the collab was the most recent topic of discussion. The 705 is the slimmest Momo cut, but it is a bit wider than the N&F Skinny Guy.

20. lioneironaut

lioneironaut Member

Anyone have some fit pics of the momotaro x context? i looked through thread but maybe i didn't look hard enough... thinking of picking up a pair.