• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Doctor

Reaction score
Have to agree. They look really good now. Perfect! They aren't going to stretch much, so you can be sure that's how they'll fit forever. If they do stretch a bit for some reason, another wash will take care of it. They also take a good long while to fade (or at least did for me).
Originally Posted by gfreeman
Those don't look tight on your thighs... how big are your thighs anyway? I have 25" thighs, which are big, so unless yours are around the same size, you don't really have big thighs. I think the fit looks good, thigh-wise, on that pair.
Mine are also 25". Nicely masked by my enormous height and generally large proportions.

rubyblue

Reaction score
I do have a pair.
You can see pix here and here.

There are slim straight, to compare : between a PBJ XX005 & XX003 if you ask me.

Omega Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mossy
Thanks to everyone who helped me with my sizing questions!

Nice fit. You went TTS to your waist, correct? I recall your waist size is ~32 and you got the jeans with waist size @32. What is its tag size? Is it 30?

They looked bulky in the thigh and lower knee area before. After the soak/wash/dry, they turned out pretty good.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
IMG_0831-1.jpg
The reason I'm not as fond of them is because they're tight in my cyclist thighs

Doc! You're clearly not afraid of the rain anymore. Looks good, mate. Glad to see the inseam didn't disappoint either. I've become completely won over with my Momotaro now. Sizing was a ***** last year, but it's all good. Glad to see some long-termers like yours on here. Get some detail pics. Wear looks amazing.

Mossy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omega Man
Nice fit. You went TTS to your waist, correct? I recall your waist size is ~32 and you got the jeans with waist size @32. What is its tag size? Is it 30?

They looked bulky in the thigh and lower knee area before. After the soak/wash/dry, they turned out pretty good.

My true waist actually measures like 33.5-34", and yea I went with tag size 32. They seemed huge to me pre-soak/dry but they definitely shrunk quite a bit (hard to say how much of this was due to giving them some time in the tumble dry). If you can try them on before you buy, then I would just recommend buying whatever fits you well in the waist (comfy/snug but not tight). If you are buying online then I think your best bet is probably to buy whatever size you would in your typical regular (washed) jean size. Most non-raw denim fits me best at a size 31, and that was probably what I should have bought in the Momotaro 0201 ( would have saved me from having to throw these beauties in the drying machine for extra shrinkage!)

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts/ comments on the fit and how they look on me. Thanks
IMG_5817.jpg
IMG_5818.jpg

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fit & sizing looked pretty much spot on. i know kids would SD1 [still], cuz they seem to have a different criteria for "spot on". but, [imho] they're fine. that's how i sized my 701s__ "sized to keep" [for a long while]".
smile.gif

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i find the "war paint" on the backpocket interesting

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need to sag them .the front and the back is ...too "pronounced"

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here's a fit pix of 701s with the newly painted acrylic " Inversed" GTB stripe [low-profile]. i find the white stripe too much of an attention grabber, so i made them sorta low-profile & stealthy [ei.,while denim is still raw+dark]. hence, the "Special Ops" concept/version.

momogtb.jpg

momofit.jpg

Mossy

Reaction score
I like 'em IIIrd. the fit doesn't look nearly as slim as many of the 007 fit pics that I have seen.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sag the jeans a bit aj, buldge is showing a bit, good fit though. I'm through with slim fits, want straights now.

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Glad to see some long-termers like yours on here. Get some detail pics. Wear looks amazing.

Like you, I am now sold on Momo's. I have 3 pairs - 2 sets of 0701's and 1 pair of 0201's. My oldest 0701's have some nice fades coming through. I'll get some detail pics soon.

Momotaro's age VERY well and they do NOT stretch. Two characteristics I like! Pink inseam isn't bad either
wink.gif

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments
Originally Posted by wahwho11
sag the jeans a bit aj, buldge is showing a bit, good fit though. I'm through with slim fits, want straights now.
Originally Posted by uhurit
You need to sag them .the front and the back is ...too "pronounced"
The problem is that I prefer jeans with a higher rise than this Momo. As such I am always pulling up my jeans ...
Originally Posted by cb_32
i find the "war paint" on the backpocket interesting
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
fit & sizing looked pretty much spot on. i know kids would SD1 [still], cuz they seem to have a different criteria for "spot on". but, [imho] they're fine. that's how i sized my 701s__ "sized to keep" [for a long while]".
smile.gif

When I got them 2 months back I found them too tight around the thighs and since Momos are not expected to stretch much especially around the thighs I tried selling them but could not find a buyer. Now I seem to have lost some weight and I feel it fits perfect except that I would prefer .5"-1" higher rise both back and front. I am a 33 year old married man with kid and a belly so my definition of good fit and rise is at variance with other posters who are a different stage in life and / or have different bodies. Hope you understand.

Doctor

Reaction score
Yea, I definitly think that a gent such as yourself should not sag his jeans, aj. That said, I think you could get away with wearing them a TINY bit lower. It would probably look better, despite the low rise. I kinda like lower rise jeans with a tucked shirt myself... But that's just my 20-something young whippersnapper perspective
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads