1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

they don't provide greencast denim outside of europe!?!!!!!!!!!!!1

2. SparhawkJC

SparhawkJC Well-Known Member

3. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

4. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Well-Known Member

Notsureifsrs....

Blueowl and Tate+yoko

edit: nm you meant actual green cast, thought you meant the grand indigo

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  5. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Well-Known Member

6. Broark

Broark Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience with the Blue Owl x JB x Momotaro chinos with the Going to Battle stripes? Considering picking up a pair but not sure about the low rise.

1 person likes this.
  7. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

I got'em. Love them. But they are slim and tight! Not sure your measurements, but I went up a size. I wear a 32 in the 0705sp's and a 31 in the 3sizxteen SL-100's. I got a 33 in the chinos and they are pretty slim. Mind you they obviously don’t break or open up like denim. I did find that there was a little bit of stretch after 10+ wears. Rise is low but all in all real real nice slim chino.

Cool blue selvage line too.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  8. Broark

Broark Well-Known Member

Got any fit pics? I don't own any other Momo's but I tried on some 701's recently and couldn't quite get the top button up on the 34s (I'm 6'3" 220). Not sure if the cut will be too slim or not.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  9. JasperSims

JasperSims Member

Can anyone suggest a good pair of Momotaro's for someone who looks a somewhat loose fit that still fits the legs?
    Thanks.

10. willrh1

willrh1 Well-Known Member

702s

11. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

The 700 cut is pretty good in that regard. Also, if you wait for Jay (Blue Owl) to release his 5th collaboration w/ Momotaro, it's going to be a tapered fit, so tighter down the calf and roomier up top.

I've also seen a 100sp on the B/S that looks like their original fit. Roomier up top, but still with a leg opening around 8.25.

Always the 200 too, sized down one. You've got a few options.

13. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

No fit pics, but I can take some.

Not sure how big your legs are, and of course there are larger sizes, but I can tell you that they are pretty darn slim. Have you tried any other slim chinos like 484's from Jcrew or Docker Alphas?

14. PhotonStrut

PhotonStrut Member

Hey everyone, I was looking at the 400SP and 705SP and i realized that there is a huge difference (besides being a collab).
    Does anyone who own both a pair of JBxMomo and regular Momo see a difference in the quality??
    It seems like the collab doesnt use the Zimbabwe cotton, isnt ocean "one washed", and isnt dyed using natural "deep" dying processes.

If no one has both I would appreciate any option on each separately as they both look like amazing jeans!

15. Broark

Broark Well-Known Member

Fit pics would be helpful I think. The problem I usually have is that I have really big legs. Don't have any other slim chinos either.

16. Mistral

Mistral Well-Known Member

I would pick Momo over JB. Though the price on JB's is good given what you get for it.

17. PhotonStrut

PhotonStrut Member

Yea I noticed there is a $95 difference, and while I know they're both great quality, I also know that when you're looking at quality theres no $95 "branding fee".
    Thanks for you're input, I am planning on getting the Momos

18. Mistral

Mistral Well-Known Member

Momo's are not necessary better quality. Depends on what you search for in a pair of jeans. Reason Momo's are more expensive is in the details. Handsewn vs. "mass production", better fabric and dye. Other hardware and detailing like raised beltloops and pocket edges, hidden rivets. Not forgetting the pink selvage listing and inseam.

Well worth the extra 95 bucks, if you ask me.

19. willrh1

willrh1 Well-Known Member

If what you listed doesn't equate to better quality, what does?

1 person likes this.
  20. PhotonStrut

PhotonStrut Member

thats what i noticed. The selvedge on the JPxMomo is red. Im definintely getting the Momo's. At first I was like oh its $95 cheaper! then i looked at the details, and i thought....oh thats why its cheaper haha