1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. superfishy8

superfishy8 Well-Known Member

people who have the bom004
    is the fading really sub par?
    anyone have pictures of fades so far?

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Given how recently it came out, I doubt much fading progress would be documented

3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

I've only had them for a few weeks and I don't wear them to work (desk job anyway). I also don't skate/hike/garden/whatever in them so I can't provide much input regarding fades.

4. superfishy8

superfishy8 Well-Known Member

is the silk weft really noticeably nicer? is the fabric just not as stiff?

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Depends on your definition of "nicer". It feels different from normal denim, and I prefer a tapered cut so I picked them up. It probably won't be as contrasty as other denim, but we'll see.

6. Mistral

Mistral Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Introducing - - Japan Blue x Blue Owl collab #2 [​IMG] We are proud to introduce the second denim in Japan Blue x Blue Owl collaboration series. Our second collaboration with Japan Blue uses an indigo/indigo 14oz low tension woven selvedge made in Japan Blue's skinny straight fit. The denim is made in Japan by Japan Blue, using all Japan Blue signature details, is designed by Blue Owl, and is a limited production run of 61 pairs. One simple detail that stands out is the yellow contrast stitching, which is hard to find on the current denim market among the indigo/indigo and indigo/black style denims. Japan Blue x Blue Owl 14oz Indigo/Indigo "Low Tension" Skinny Straight Selvedge Denim * Japan Blue's "skinny straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers from the thigh to the leg opening. * The fabric is a 14oz selvedge with both the warp and weft dyed to a pure dark indigo. The fabric is woven at a very slow speed with a loose tension, which takes much more time to produce but will result in a fabric that becomes much softer with wear. The low tension weave creates a unique variation and irregularity in the surface texture of the denim. * The warp and weft yarns are both rope dyed in the same pure indigo. With rope dying, the core of the yarn will remain white, thus after wear and some indigo loss, the core of the yarn will be exposed, showing the white. This will result in a high contrast fade as the white core of the yarn is exposed behind the super dark pure indigo surface. * Japan Blue signature blue inseam * Bronze buttons and rivets * Yellow gold contrast stitching * Custom Japan Blue + Blue Owl cowhide leather patch * White selvedge with pink accent * 100% cotton * Available in sizes 28-34, 36 * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7660000 More on our recent blog post:: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/12/japan-blue-x-blue-owl-14oz-indigoindigo.html

8. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

They will fade fine! Just don't expect super high contrast fade, that is not the concept. If that is what you want, go with something with a much darker indigo base. We just released last month. No one owned a pair prior to the release, so it will be a couple more months before anyone would hve any significant wear.

9. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

0705sp is the closest option. It is a one wash as well, slightly heavier fabric, same cotton and indigo.

10. Mistral

Fabric is not the same. Copper Label uses fabric that Momotaro also uses for their dress shirts. But along the whole line, you're absolutely right.

11. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Sorry, I did not mean the fabric was the same. 0705sp and Copper label fabrics both use same indigo dye and Zimbabwe cotton, same fit and the measurements will be close.

12. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

Would love to see an indigo/indigo or indigo/black in a tapered cut :(

13. Mistral

It wasn't meant to criticize your knowledge on the brand Jay. I just stated it as additional info.

14. El Argentino

BOM005 will be pretty close.

15. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

:fonz:

BOM006 will be even closer :slayer:

.....Grand Indigo "Going to Battle" Tapered :drool:

2 people like this.
  16. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

:bounce2: :bounce2: Cannot wait!

17. El Argentino

Intriguing.

If not for my 702s, would have to kop. Think I'll still go w/ a midnight warrior 005...

18. pistolero

pistolero Well-Known Member

Will BOM006 have white battle stripes?

19. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Well-Known Member

hope not but even if it does i hope its black or very hidden

20. Mistral

This would be an instant kop.