1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Somar

Somar Well-Known Member

@Boognish: You did them good. Would love to see more images!

2. xdawes23

xdawes23 Well-Known Member

@ boognish - awesome jeans, we demand more pictures!

Speaking of 201's, mine finally arrived in the mail. They fit a bit baggy on me, hence the shrink to fit. I'm going to do a pre-soak in the bathtub, while wearing the jeans in hot water. Hopefully that will get most of the shrinkage because I have to hem them as I'm only 5"7.

Question: Since there is slight taper, should I keep the original hem when getting them hemmed?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  3. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Well-Known Member

Not sure I fully understand your question, but from the context I think you mean something along the lines of. You want to keep the original hem as in, you are going to ask whoever is doing the hemming for you, to save the original hem and then stitch it back on after the length has been shortened. If that is the case, I would not recommend this. You will just have problems later down the line. Hemming them will not affect the taper of the jeans, unless you are short like me (5.3), a soak and a wash might though since it will help the fabric to shrink.

4. xdawes23

xdawes23 Well-Known Member

^Yes, that was what I meant thanks. Hopefully the tailor can use the same color stitching as the original hem.

Initial soak let off a lot of indigo and the waist shrunk roughly 1 inch.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  5. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Well-Known Member

kind of a non sequitur, but so pumped for BOM005. Between that and my BOM003, I don't see myself working on any other pairs for a while.

I threw on a pair of cone 12.5 oz jeans the other day and they felt like pajamas by comparison (not necessarily a good thing, i like how the momos feel).

6. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Well-Known Member

im surprised other people actually like the grand indigo besides me since everyone seems to go straight for the 702

7. willrh1

willrh1 Well-Known Member

The grand indigo is beautiful. I don't like the fits though so I went with the 003

8. wrblow

wrblow Active Member

Just got my 701s from Jay. Debating on soaking or not, thoughts? They're already snug and I'm afraid buttoning up will only get harder.
    Also, what's the normal procedure for adjusting the length, I know they will shrink about an inch when I do get around to doing a soak or wash so is it safe to have them hemmed with a +1 inch on what'd normal have?

Also, the cut on these is absolutely perfect, an incredible upgrade from my APCs.

Thanks!

9. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

If you don't soak them now, they will just shrink in the future. May as well get it out of the way now. If you're afraid they won't button currently - let alone post-soak, my common advice is to size up. This isn't APC-level stretchy and if you're uncomfortable at once, it's likely to be a long time.

Jay will probably tell you they're fine though. He's currently wearing an unsanforized pair that looks like a good fit. All comes down to personal preference.

10. Somar

Somar Well-Known Member

Pictures?

11. wrblow

wrblow Active Member

[​IMG] don't mind the 6 inches of rolled cuff and dirty mirror.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Just button it as high as you can and gradually it will open up and you'll be ok. My 3-sixteen SL-100's and Momotaro 0705sp I couldn't get the top button on at first, but after just wearing around the house for an hour or two I got them on fine, and now they both fit great.

13. MKMKMK

MKMKMK Active Member

My 9 months+ Momotaro 0705sp (actual wear 6-7 months)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Knee ^^
    [​IMG]
    Honeycomb ^^
    [​IMG]
    Whiskers ^^
    [​IMG]
    Ass fade ^^

1 person likes this.
  14. icelatte

icelatte Member

For my 701s, pulled hard to get them buttoned up, wore them for a week to stretch , cold soak to shrink length, wore them another week, then sent to Jay Doughton for
    chain-stitch hemming. No on ever said they were low-effort.

15. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

So I've been wearing my 702s for one month now, almost daily.

Will they stretch more than they already have?

16. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Well-Known Member

Caltex... don't be that guy man.

17. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

lol ;)

Well I asked because I want to gauge how much they give, maybe I can size down one on my next pair. I just don't want to end up with the NF diaper. At the moment they are good, not perfectly fitted but I like how they fit, if they stretch more I will be sad.

18. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

:lol: :laugh: :rotflmao:

19. Somar

Somar Well-Known Member

Yo caltex, how much did they stretch already then?

20. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

Maybe one size in the waist. I have some space in my butt but nothing like What I experienced with my deep indigo NF WG.

I'm not wearing them today but I'll try to give you guys a better idea next time I do.