1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Momotaro 702 Contest

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CalTex, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Numbernine

Numbernine Well-Known Member

Just add a button leave the old one ive done this to a few jeans swap back and forth as needed guess it looks a little weird if you dont wear a belt

2. willrh1

willrh1 Well-Known Member

Much better idea. I don't really ever tuck in shirts with denim so I doubt people see the button much. Might consider this down the road.

3. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Well-Known Member

I've done this too and if the jeans are already too tight, then all that will come from this is stretched button holes via the reg of the button fly. The line is thrown off and more considerable pressure is put on the second to last hole, eventually the hole will stretch out so, that you will not be able to button it. That and it messes with the aesthetics of the button fly, "after all what is a button fly than a neck tie for your pants" SC

4. willrh1

Hmm doesn't seem to be the genius idea I thought it was. What about just wearing the top button undone with a belt to hide it?

5. jamaaltt

jamaaltt Well-Known Member

Wearing jeans tight and hoping they stretch is ok, but wearing without the top button undone seems mad weird. I have heard of people doin that for a while until they stretch. But hell, I know how it is to spend a grip on jawnz that u really love and they turn out not to fit.

6. willrh1

Yup, this is only because I've been making an effort to put on weight, and it's been working (yay), but I imagine in another 4 months+ the waist on these might be too tight :(. Been wearing them almost daily since November/December so I really don't want to start over.

7. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Well-Known Member

The waist shouldn't grow too much if you Arron a clean bulk. Thighs quads and calls should be getting swol as fuck dough

8. jamaaltt

jamaaltt Well-Known Member

9. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Well-Known Member

i do this to prevent the waist from over stretching from sitting or bending over. remember that your belt will stretch too

10. willrh1

Ya it hasn't been the cleanest, I could make more of an effort to clean it up though.

11. MDSsmith

MDSsmith Member

My 0702s are somewhere between 8 and 9 months now. They've had one lukewarm soak with woolite and very little agitation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been experimenting with darning on a regular home machine, the first attempt I made the mistake of using a white thread underneath:

[​IMG]

The second time I did it went a lot better, But still doesn't blend as well as a professional job:

[​IMG]

And as a bonus, My phone case:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    3 people like this.
  12. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

702s, the denim that shrinks.

13. MDSsmith

MDSsmith Member

I didn't get any shrinking when I washed mine. Maybe about .5" in the waist, but that was just back down to their original size.

14. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Well-Known Member

Wow those are great. Current BOM003[​IMG]

15. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

nice work guys!!!

16. willrh1

More pictures please

17. ponderring

ponderring Member

Alright guys, sorry for being kind of absent. I've been reading this thread and keeping up (nice crotch shots) but haven't had time to post. Had 2 pretty major deaths in the family that basically stopped my whole life. now these jeans have been worn in too many hospitals/hospices than i care for...

anyway, here's some BOM003's. They are now coming on 5 months old. Also, my entry into the "Best Canadian Tuxedo" contest.

enjoy.

http://imgur.com/a/YjCOO

1 person likes this.
  18. mr chorizo

Where is that jacket from? Awesome! Glad to have you back posting

19. mr chorizo

[​IMG]

New vans with my bom003

20. ponderring

ponderring Member

it's visvim llhamo. such a beautiful piece. actually it's a friend of mine's but i wanted to wear it just to be decked out in the finest handmade japanese denim money can buy :p