• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moda Republic - Official Affiliate Thread

Alex-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
1. I would like to see 2x2 two ply cotton fabrics with a wide spaced stripe (white and another color, alternating, bengal preferred). I also like mini-check white, and white with a large blue or gray check pattern (I prefer when the blue is very minimal, narrow and clean). I like checks where the box size is an inch or more.
2. Flannel, chalkstripes!
3. I prefer more fabric choice. In fact, modeling shirts is not important to me. I do like to see pictures of the fabric constructed into an actual shirt, rather than just a picture of the fabric itself, but the shirt does not need to be modeled on a person. Selection is the most important thing.
Hi Xizenta, thank you for your post. Will keep that in mind and try to post more pictures of actual shirts with the fabric if a client happens to make a shirt.
Thanks

Alex-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys just wanted to thank everyone for their continued submissions. We hope to launch our new design your own shirt database by end of this week or early next week. Stay tuned! In the mean time feel free to reach out to us and use our find a fabric service for free! Will post some upcoming fabrics that we will future on the website, stay tuned!

Chris-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to wish all of you a very warm Happy Thanksgiving! I know a lot of you (including myself) aren't American but still, for those of you that are, enjoy a memorable time with family!

Just want to some thoughts from you guys on what you think about windowpane suits!

If any of you guys like it, we have it available as well!

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to wish all of you a very warm Happy Thanksgiving! I know a lot of you (including myself) aren't American but still, for those of you that are, enjoy a memorable time with family!

Just want to some thoughts from you guys on what you think about windowpane suits!

I like them.
biggrin.gif
My tailor has to fix the shoulders...

Last edited:

Chris-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Window pane suits are beginning to really grow on me, thanks Betelgeuse for sharing!

zinc2162

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

What's the weight on this? They look like flannel to me.

I like them.
biggrin.gif
My tailor has to fix the shoulders...

I have seen a very similar (almost exactly the same) suit in a store and was interested in it, but I was concerned the the pattern would be loud. However, the suit looks really good on you.

VCGeorge

Reaction score
Hi Alex and Chris.

My answers are as follows:
1) I would like to see more oxford clothes as well as bengal stripes. Regarding collour, white, light blue and mid blue for the oxford shirts and light blue, mid blue, navy blue, pink and gray for the stripes. Also I would like to see the choices for collars.
2) Super 100 worsted wool, prince of wales check wool and wool-mohair.
3) Actually I don't like either models or 3D renderings. I prefer photos of the actual product folded or fitted to a taylor dummy. Also I would like to see more info about the fabrics.

Thank you.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I received today the shirts I won at the last contest. They are amazing!

First of all, thanks to Chris and Alex, cause we exchangd some emails with the shirt details in order to get them exactly the way I wanted and they service is absolutely fantastic. The time zone is a limitant but they responded to every single mail I sent them, very kind and professional, thanks for that.

As for the shirts, the fabrics are very nice. I asked for the blue oxford that is listed and a plain light blue that Chris sent me via email that they had available. You all will have to excuse me about the pics but I was in a rush cause I had a meeting, but I couldn't resist, I ironed the oxford and wore it to the meeting. Gave me luck cause the deal closed.
biggrin.gif

The site is very friendly. You create a profile and the videos of how to take your measurements are very simple and easy to understand. I used the measuring an existing shirt method cause I know my measurements. What I like is that you can get a lot of detail, because for example in the chest area, I have bigger lats than chest so I need my shirt to be longer in the back part but no exceeding the 45", otherwise the fit would be compromised. This feature is stock in their system, they ask you for the full chest but they as you to measure from the back part so it fits perfectly.

When you already select the fabric and start with the customization, the options are a lot. I selected a type of collar but ask them if they could replicate one style of collar that I like, they said yes and I sent them the pic of the collar with the measurements and it came out fantastic!

The workmanship is great to. Buttonholes are really well made, the stitches and all of that is gorgeous. The collar is very soft, I didn't make an special request on the stiffness but it's very soft. I'm not that great at writing reviews buty you should give Moda Republic a try. Thanks again Chris and Alex, and some pics to follow.
biggrin.gif

In action.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks fantastic! I love the SC too!!

Chris-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I received today the shirts I won at the last contest. They are amazing!

First of all, thanks to Chris and Alex, cause we exchangd some emails with the shirt details in order to get them exactly the way I wanted and they service is absolutely fantastic. The time zone is a limitant but they responded to every single mail I sent them, very kind and professional, thanks for that.

As for the shirts, the fabrics are very nice. I asked for the blue oxford that is listed and a plain light blue that Chris sent me via email that they had available. You all will have to excuse me about the pics but I was in a rush cause I had a meeting, but I couldn't resist, I ironed the oxford and wore it to the meeting. Gave me luck cause the deal closed.
biggrin.gif

The site is very friendly. You create a profile and the videos of how to take your measurements are very simple and easy to understand. I used the measuring an existing shirt method cause I know my measurements. What I like is that you can get a lot of detail, because for example in the chest area, I have bigger lats than chest so I need my shirt to be longer in the back part but no exceeding the 45", otherwise the fit would be compromised. This feature is stock in their system, they ask you for the full chest but they as you to measure from the back part so it fits perfectly.

When you already select the fabric and start with the customization, the options are a lot. I selected a type of collar but ask them if they could replicate one style of collar that I like, they said yes and I sent them the pic of the collar with the measurements and it came out fantastic!

The workmanship is great to. Buttonholes are really well made, the stitches and all of that is gorgeous. The collar is very soft, I didn't make an special request on the stiffness but it's very soft. I'm not that great at writing reviews buty you should give Moda Republic a try. Thanks again Chris and Alex, and some pics to follow.
biggrin.gif

In action.

Thanks Betelgeuse for writing the review of the shirts we sent you and for taking all those great photos! :) I'm so glad that you liked it and I was confident that you would find that our products are of excellent quality!

Look forward to getting more orders from you in the future :)

Chris-ModaR

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Seriously dude, that's a great fit!! Are the buttons on the shirt MoP?

We actually have THICK MoP buttons as an option at an additional cost of $5, and they are real MoP buttons as well!

While some may disagree with us, we chose to shy away from the really thin cheap MoP buttons that some shirt providers use for the sake of saying they have MoP. When we first started Moda Republic, MoP was our default but some clients didn't care about them and also found they chip and break really easily. So instead, we found high quality plastic buttons for our standard shirts, and those who really appreciate beautiful MoP buttons can have that option as well. :)

edwardthefirst

Reaction score

We actually have THICK MoP buttons as an option at an additional cost of $5, and they are real MoP buttons as well! 

While some may disagree with us, we chose to shy away from the really thin cheap MoP buttons that some shirt providers use for the sake of saying they have MoP. When we first started Moda Republic, MoP was our default but some clients didn't care about them and also found they chip and break really easily. So instead, we found high quality plastic buttons for our standard shirts, and those who really appreciate beautiful MoP buttons can have that option as well. :) 

Awesome! Thick MoP buttons are very important to me. Well done, gents!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads