1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Moda Republic - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Alex-ModaR, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Chris-ModaR

Chris-ModaR Well-Known Member

Hi Yoose thanks for submitting!

So you want a cellphone pocket on the left side but you want to make sure the pocket is wide enough for your phone to also fit sideways? :)

2. yoose

yoose Well-Known Member

Hmmm that extra don't crept in. I meant I want it narrow enough do it doesn't fit sideways [​IMG] because for my suits now I put it in the big pocket but when it flips sideways I have to dig for it and it's annoying. Btw does the pricing on your site include in person fitting? I go to Hong Kong sometimes and would be interested in dropping by. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Chris-ModaR

Hey Yoose, our pricing on the website does include in person fitting if you are in our Hong Kong store! Please let us no if you're ever in Hong Kong or feel free to just drop by and have a look, I think you'd be very pleased with the products we put out and for the quality, you'd find the pricing very reasonable.

4. Chris-ModaR

One of our clients getting fitted for what will become a beautiful half canvas peak lapel tux!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. whiteonyellow

whiteonyellow New Member

Not sure if submissions are still being allowed but I thought I'd chime in. I've been a long time lurker of this forum and have always admired the time and creativity of everyone here. I've not posted anything because the idea of a fabulous suit feels like it's at least 15 years away for me, but I couldn't turn down the potential prize of a beautiful suit from Moda Republic so I'm making this my first ever post on SF!

1. The look I'm after is something cut slightly trim but not as narrow as the extreme European styles I've seen around. In my imagination, my suit would be a medium gray, herringbone (or gray/blue subtle plaid) fabric, 2 button suit. As much as I love the earth tone fabrics, I don't think they work really well with my skin tone. I don't have the precise verbiage to describe exactly what I'm looking for but I know I'd something with natural/medium structured shoulders and minimal roping. I've not been a fan of peak lapels and would prefer a notched lapel, but would be willing to consider stepping out a bit depending on how peaked it was. My only suit (see below) has a lapel width of about 3.25 inches but it looks bulky and distracting so I think 2.5 - 2.75 is probably more appropriate. I love the idea of kissing surgeon's cuffs but that would serve no other purpose than for my personal enjoyment since. For the pants, I think a double vent would look best since I've found (and my wife always says) that my "seat" is a bit wider than it looks! All my pants are too long and I'd really enjoy something with a quarter-break.

2. I want the suit to fit with a more contemporary cut with traditional features at first glance, but also have a bit of trim, aggressive styling. Perhaps with slanted pockets or some sort of button detail that makes it stand out. These pictures demonstrate the cut and color palate I'd like to incorporate.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    3. Just last month, I was notified that I was invited to speak in Florence, Italy to an international research community in the area of reproductive biology scheduled to take place in Florence, Italy in March of 2013. This is one of the first times I've been recognized in this way and, as anyone would, want to look my best. Currently, I only own one suit -- the same black suit I interviewed with to be accepted into medical school nearly 10 years ago! It wasn't until I started lurking in the forums did I realize that many people think that black suits are inappropriate. My office-mate's saw me wear my suit once and suggested that I get him a glass of water because he thinks that "black suits are only for waiters." As much as I would like to change the past, I have the same black suit I wear to weddings and meetings. I cannot, in good conscience, give my presentation in a black suit during the springtime in one of the most fashion forward countries in the world. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to afford a nice custom suit for a while. I'm currently employed as a "clinical fellow" at Duke University in North Carolina. Although I am technically a physician, I am still in training and only this year (nearly 10 years after graduating college) started earning more than a college graduate with a degree in say, engineering. Between my wife and I, our educational loan debt is near $160,000 and will not have any realistic chance of paying this off for another 8-10 years. I am starting my suit search early but would very much like to win this chance and perhaps start my foray into stylish men's fashion with a bang! Of course, I will come back with many pictures of me, my suit and every Italian landmark I can visit! :)

6. Chris-ModaR

Hey guys!

Happy Halloween! Hope those of you celebrating have a fun time celebrating tonight!

It's been a exciting month full of wonderful designs. I'd like to thank everyone who contributed both designs and discussion to this thread. We used a random generator to come up with the winner and we're happy to announce the following winners:

The first place winner is: facet! Congratulations on the suit! I will personally work with you over the next few days to get this process rolling. Please PM me your email so I can contact you with regards to details and such for the suit!

The second place winner is: Betelgeuse!
    The prize for second place is 2 free tailored shirts from Moda Republic. Our staff will work with you to find a fabric that suits you best if there's nothing on our website that suits you.

-Chris

7. edwardthefirst

edwardthefirst Well-Known Member

Congrats, facet and Betelgeuse! I look forward to seeing pictures of the finished products!

8. forbritisheyes

forbritisheyes Well-Known Member

At first I was thought to myself......[​IMG].......but on the bright side, facet can show us the product and show off his new suit to us! Congrats, man.

9. facet

facet Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks guys! Yeah, just starting the process rolling with Chris and looking forward to see how things turn out. Will definitely share pics and my experience of the process when it's all done.

1 person likes this.
  10. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

Congrats, iGents.

11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

Woohoo! Thank you very much! [​IMG]

Do I have to send a PM to someone or something like that!

12. Chris-ModaR

Hey Betelgeuse!
    PM me your email and let's get this rolling!

13. Betelgeuse

Thank you very much!

14. Chris-ModaR

We know Gingham is still all the rage right now and so we thought we should put up some less common Gingham fabric colors online for you guys to see. If you're interested in ordering it let us know and we can set it up custom for you guys!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Betelgeuse

16. Alex-ModaR

Alex-ModaR Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Thanks again for participating in our previous competition. We're offering a free shirt lucky draw this time around and all you need to do to enter is post an answer to the following 3 questions. We'll be awarding 3 free shirts to 3 lucky individuals 1 month from now so get involved now!

1) We're thinking of adding more shirts, let us know what fabrics you'd like to see more of?
    2) What kind of suit fabrics do you guys want to see for our next shoot?
    3) Do you guys prefer seeing clothing on models but less fabric choice? Or more choices but using a 3D rendering of the shirts instead of models

Let us know and enter for a chance for a free shirt from us! Also for those interested we have a special coupon for the month of November, first time customers will get a shirt for $50USD only, msg me for details!

Thanks,
    Alex

1 person likes this.
  17. Matt S

Matt S Well-Known Member

1) I'd like to see more classic solid poplins. Like a sky blue, periwinkle and cream. Plus end-on-end shirts, like in light blue and mid blue. Those are the most basic of shirts and what I get the most use out of.

2) I'd like to see a classic black and white Glen Urquhart check suit and darker grey glen checks. Navy and grey birdseye would be nice to see as well.

3) I prefer seeing more fabric choices. Models are irrelevant if the clothes are custom-made. They can help to show different styles, but it's not necessary to use models to show the fabric options. I don't care about the 3D rendering, I just want a good, detailed, accurate picture of the fabric.

The way the suits fit your models doesn't inspire me to buy from you. It makes me think that if you can't get a decent fit on the models, the suit I get will fit me even worse.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  18. Chris-ModaR

Thanks for the feedback Matt! Very interesting to see that people are not too concerned about live product photos.

This photoshoot was our company's first ever and we learned a lot from it. I agree with you that some of the photos didn't turn out the way we wanted due to time constraints with how fast we had to get all the items photographed. We definitely got a lot out of this experience and know what to do better the next time! That being said I assure you that our fit is impeccable and you wouldn't regret giving us a shot! It's only due to our success over the past 5 years in the Hong Kong market that we decided to do an online platform.

Look forward to hearing more from the others here.

19. Alex-ModaR

Hi Matt S, Thanks for your feedback, as Chris mentioned the photoshoot was very hectic and while not every item was photographed perfectly I assure you that you will find our fit great.

For everyone else, please keep posting! We're hoping to announce the winner toe the competition before Christmas so definitely get your post in to qualify for the lucky draw! Hope to hear more from everyone and good luck!

20. Alex-ModaR

Hi am hoping to hear from more of you! Do let us know thanks!