1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. seventiessister

seventiessister Active Member

If you are into fashion and 70s gear and, anything 70s - have a read of "Something to Do 1972" - Heres the link on Amazon - you have to upload it to your Kindle, there's no hard copy yet but is due out soon. (Sorry, for some reason I cant insert an image - I keep getting a message like 'unable to be parsed' whatever that means?).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Something-t...77375940&sr=1-1&keywords=something+to+do+1972

2. seventiessister

If you are into fashion and 70s gear and, anything 70s - have a read of "Something to Do 1972" - Heres the link on Amazon - you have to upload it to your Kindle, there's no hard copy yet but is due out soon. (Sorry, for some reason I cant insert an image - I keep getting a message like 'unable to be parsed' whatever that means?).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Something-t...77375940&sr=1-1&keywords=something+to+do+1972

3. seventiessister

4. yankmod

yankmod Well-Known Member

Cool Pic bunty. Interesting story about Birmingham as well.I hope to find some way to watch the show.Will have to be tricky.

5. Lasttye

Lasttye Well-Known Member

My Schott A2 , Wear with BD Shirt, USA Chinos, Ox Blood Brogues and Aviators.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  6. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Well-Known Member

Oh yes!

That, I recognise.

Welcome back, Roy!

Proper gear!!!!

Lots of '!!!" from me - and i apologise - but those of us who know... 'know'!

And I did have my antique 'Levi; antique jacket in '69..

Brilliant!

Edit: Cockernees - we were always behind!!!!!!!)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  7. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Well-Known Member

Good finds Ed and Loempiavreter, here's another from '70 -

[​IMG]

Gill, River Thames July 1970.

Grown out crop , boy's shirt, Levi's cords.

We did that - didn't we?

Unless you had a fat bird - and they were rare - it was hard work for the girlies to fit into anything. Love the pic, BTW!!!!

Bizarrely, I used to swap (too big for me, then!) crew-necks with my bird - at the time - who had huge knockers!

8. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Beautiful bomber. Nowt wrong with the look you're describing; classic!

9. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Well-Known Member

A2 leather jackets are timeless like brogues.A2s have been made since the 1930s ( i think )and are still made now.I think that the Schott is the best looking one ( IMO ) about now,they are around £600 new, so a bit like a sheepskin back in the day you dont want to take it off in the pub and put it on a chair because it wont be there when you leave !.I think that it would be £600 well spent though,looked after it will last for years and look better as it gets older,there are thousands of vintage A2s for sale but like a lot of vintage kit ( American longwings or Levis for instance ) it seems a bit of a minefield.

10. browniecj

browniecj Well-Known Member

It looks like something The Village People might had worn.

11. browniecj

Shame Gill is not on here.Always interesting to see young Ladies.

12. cerneabbas

seventiessister.Welcome,you dont say if you ( or your sisters ) were into "our" look,if you have any memories about those times they would be welcome because we havent had much input from ladies who were about then.A bit strange really because there are quite a few ladies who put up posts on Retrowow.BTW a nice looking "bully",i used to have one too.

13. Sirryacus

Sirryacus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  14. Clouseau

Clouseau Well-Known Member

About Gill. Great pic.I think she was Bunty's brother GF, so it looks like she was involved in the scene...

15. cerneabbas

Sirryacus, well edited !

16. Sirryacus

Sirryacus Well-Known Member

Wasn't my intention but I could see how it looked that way on further reflection it probably wasn't in best taste.

17. Clouseau

Cerneabbas. I saw those "leather MA-1" made by Schott, and they look really better than the Alpha' ones. But a bit pricey...

18. cerneabbas

Clouseau.Yes they are expensive,there was one on e bay in good condition...alas 48" chest. I have one something like it with no arm pocket,i have had it about 15 years but it is still quite stiff because i dont wear it often ( in fact i thought i gave it away years ago,but it was at the back of a cupboard !). Are the French air force jackets still available ? and how much do they cost ?,i am watching the black "Ma1" on e bay,auction finishes today.

19. Clouseau

Cerneabbas. Here is a link where they sale it:

http://www.lamibidasse.com/blouson-...de-cuir-aviateur-armee-francaise-original/496

Or you can do a search on the net : "blouson cuir aviateur armée de l'air française"
    I'm sure you can find some on Ebay at a good price. And they do look better when they are not new IMO.
    I forgot : they have a removable fur collar and lining, and a pocket with an orange survey waistcoat.
    & take care with the size: a 46 would be a french 56. (Look at "correspondance de tailles" to be sure.)

I just saw the one on e bay you speaked of: looks quite the same to me, could be a dark blue turned black with age. Very nice price.

20. browniecj

When you get past the age of 16/17 the Girls did look older.Gill had the same Hairstyle as one of my Girlfriends did.The Crop(that is prevalent with todays Skinhead Girls)was not worn by older Ladies.