• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ammonia Spray was more Villain than Skinhead,but in saying that, they were used.By then I was gone from the Violence.

Ed Vaughan

Reaction score

Nice show of Legs-look better in Colour.
I am getting my Coat.:)
I seem to recall the tights (panty hose, for our colonial chums) :satisfied: had a pattern - diamond-shapes - up the legs?

Phew!!!! Off for a cold shower. :embar:

yankmod

Reaction score
I seem to recall the tights (panty hose, for our colonial chums)
satisfied.gif
had a pattern - diamond-shapes - up the legs?
Phew!!!! Off for a cold shower.
shog[1].gif
Here is your Diamond tights Ed.I like the look,Partial to tights

(on women)

Ed Vaughan

Reaction score

I was wondering yankmod!!:)
Photo taken inside one of the Palais Dancehalls.[/quote]The Ritz, in Manchester, had a sprung dancefloor and was a regular haunt for hundreds of us at weekends.

Always a good few scraps as crews from different areas came together and tried to nick each others' birds.

IIRC, the bouncers - not doormen - were properly team-handed and never the types of blokes you could reason with.

That said, from time to time, they would pick on the wrong people, and occasionally had to take their face(s) and teeth, home in a hankie.

Still there, in the city centre and the 'grab-a-granny nights' were - and maybe still are - the stuff of many a young man's (wet) dreams. :nodding:

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering yankmod!!:)
Photo taken inside one of the Palais Dancehalls.[/quote]The Ritz, in Manchester, had a sprung dancefloor and was a regular haunt for hundreds of us at weekends.
Always a good few scraps as crews from different areas came together and tried to nick each others' birds.
IIRC, the bouncers - not doormen - were properly team-handed and never the types of blokes you could reason with.
That said, from time to time, they would pick on the wrong people, and occasionally had to take their face(s) and teeth, home in a hankie.
Still there, in the city centre and the 'grab-a-granny nights' were - and maybe still are - the stuff of many a young man's (wet) dreams. :nodding:

Went to the Ritz many years later(mainly on Sundays)for "Rare Soul" Dos.

yankmod

Reaction score
Here is another Ed of the same girl with her friends.Looks like the same night.

Also M.O.M. I've saved almost every photo on this thread in my machine.Just for my own delight.(would never use them and cross you guys) If you need them or specific ones you know where to find 'em.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[IMG
Nice to see that famous photo in colour.

No info for this one unfortunately.
Sorry M-o-M, it's impossible to find who owns the copyright for these photos, they've been nicked so many times it's impossible to find out where they originally came from. (I've found some of yours (and mine) on quite a few sites too)
Now then.......
What about Army greatcoats? :D

That first one has been tinted!

I wondered where you were - thought you had dropped off the edge of the planet.

"What about Army greatcoats?" - What about them?

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here is another Ed of the same girl with her friends.Looks like the same night.

Also M.O.M. I've saved almost every photo on this thread in my machine.Just for my own delight.(would never use them and cross you guys) If you need them or  specific ones you know where to find 'em.

Good man you.

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

More or less what I wondered in my last post, Colin.

We have Photos of Mods/Skins from Satelite Towns around London( I have written about these)where they got their inspirations from London,not the North.On Saturday/Sunday mornings you could get the Fast to London(in Guildfords` Case,you could get to Waterloo in half an hour)and then go "Up West" or wherever.There were loads that did this-from all around London.You would meet in a Shop and chat.On the Line through Guildford,you had Woking,Surbiton,Walton-on-Thames all big Skin Towns.They also went to Football that way.So what would been worn 25/30 miles away would be worn in London.That happened in Manchester as well(if I have read the "Twisted Wheel" Book correctlt)but greater distances,because of People going to the Club.:)

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buyers from these Town(who owned Fashion Shops)would buy their Stock etc.,from London.This was the case from the early Mod days.I actually bought my Royals from Timpsons in Dorking,Surrey-not the West End.I eventually bought all three Styles from the same Shop-when I went there Window Dressing.:)

ek77

Reaction score

All Levis had the Big E label, Think the Big E was dropped around 81...When Levis got ride of their old looms..for wider ones, The Japanese bought the old looms,

no, they dropped it in 1971!!! ---->>>>

Is the word LEVI’S
00ae.png
in all capital letters, or does it have a small letter “e” instead? The Tab with LEVI’S (also known as “Big E”) means that your jeans are from before 1971.
http://www.levistrauss.com/about/heritage/resources/consumers-collectors

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads