1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Basset

Basset Well-Known Member

2. Sirryacus

Sirryacus Well-Known Member

You can try google reverse search and see where they have been posted elsewhere online and contact all the leads I suppose if you wanted to use the pictures that badly.

3. browniecj

browniecj Well-Known Member

No Roscoe was not there,but I do remember one of the Blacks(outside the Pub)though.

4. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Well-Known Member

If you could find out any details, like names, email address, or any other details, I would be grateful.

5. Watermelon man

Watermelon man Well-Known Member

You're taking the piss?

6. natrodgers79

natrodgers79 Member

And me!

7. yankmod

yankmod Well-Known Member

I NEVER take the piss.Where is the confusion? I pointed out that these skins were wearing their pants so high(above the top of the boots showing a few inches of sock,the top of the socks and an inch of flesh)And I don't remember seeing anyone wear them that high in the 60's.Did I say something wrong?

8. Pequod

Pequod Member

Ok, I will try my best.

9. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Well-Known Member

Thank you. :)

Just a note to anyone posting pictures from 'back in the day'. They are all valuable from a 'social history' point of view, because we didn't do much posing for pictures back then, and hardly anyone carried a camera around with them. So all these crinkled old snapshots and photo-booth pics potentially have a place in the book.

What would be good, would be if anyone re-posting them here could make a note of any names or contact details (from Facebook, Friends Reunited, or wherever) and PM them to me so I can try to get in touch for permission to use them. Alternatively, if you would be prepared to ask them on my behalf, that too would be appreciated.

Even a note saying, for example, "All I know is that is some bloke from Dagenham, and it was on such-and-such site" is better than nothing.

The book is probably going to end up with a large number of photos for which we don't, strictly speaking, have permission. Hopefully they'll be covered by a declaration to the effect that we have tried to locate the owners, and if any details come to light they will be included in later editions.

10. flyfronted

flyfronted Well-Known Member

Mkes me a tad sad when i see lads who dressed really well go to pot .

11. yankmod

Given the nature of the photos (snapshots by individuals) I think to find these folks and ask for permission would prevent the book from EVER being finished.You are obviously trying to do the right thing.You can't be faulted for not finding the copyright holders.Question is,which photos to use?There are a large number at this point.And a large percentage are very good.

12. flyfronted

flyfronted Well-Known Member

You can put a discalimer at the back saying you tried and if anyone wants to get in contact a number .

13. yankmod

M.O.M. I've counted the photos on this thread and it comes to about 280 pics of "Originals" Just so you know.

14. Watermelon man

Watermelon man Well-Known Member

I thought you were being ironic or something. Presumably you slept through the '70s.

15. PxC

PxC Active Member

I was asking myself the same thing. English is my second language so no wonder I didn't get s***, I wonder if English speakers from other places can grasp what they're going on about.

16. yankmod

I was born in 66.And I'm American,so I wouldn't have seen the short short pants.I discovered Skinheads thru 2 Tone.I was saying it was the first time I saw such an extreme style on the "Original Skins".

17. yankmod

I'm A Yank so it was a little tough to understand.When I was younger I met a guy from Shropshire.I couldn't understand anything he said.It made him very frustrated.I've talked to Welsh speaking Welshman and also had a tough time.Hate to ask folks to repeat themselves constantly.I had the same problem as a teen.Had to get rid of my Boston accent(people in other parts of the US couldn't understand me) I had to say everything 2 or 3 times so,I started to enunciate more clearly.

18. papyloic

papyloic Member

a few cartoons from 1972....[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Lasttye

Lasttye Well-Known Member

The Willesden was not one of the smartest mobs, Some of the younger ones from just up the road in Neasden was though.

20. papyloic

papyloic Member

[​IMG]

for MOM,
    a few uk and no uk skinheads articles from 1969/1970...

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]