1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

MLB 2009 - 2010 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by ama, Mar 9, 2010.

1. ama

ama Well-Known Member

Liriano's slider was sick today... against righties lefties and anyone in the box.

[​IMG]

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

i love that you can still walk up to citi field and buy tickets. its a weird stadium... kinda like candlestick where there is a cold ass breeze on the upper levels.

I think it's built on an Indian burial ground. That's why the Mets will never win there and everyone keeps getting hurt.

3. Slopho

Slopho Well-Known Member

Concerned this is going to be the season that injuries beat the Phillies. Blanton hurt in spring training, Lidge still not healthy, Rollins out for at least a month...

But I'll enjoy being 7-1 against the Nats and Astros for now.

When did you get around to doing....this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_540239.html

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Cherry Hill. Pfft. Dude probably barely even KNOWS how to intentionally vomit on a police officer.

5. whallyden

whallyden Well-Known Member

As a Twins fan, my expectations for the year are already totally out of control.

6. ama

ama Well-Known Member

As a Twins fan, my expectations for the year are already totally out of control.

+1, its a long season. Relief pitching doesn't look stellar, Delmon still can't field Punto still can't hit and they are playing an entire season outside for the first time. That being said, [​IMG] [​IMG] Go Twins!

p.s. You defiantly need to try and make it to the new park, its incredible.

7. Slopho

Slopho Well-Known Member

+1, its a long season. Relief pitching doesn't look stellar, Delmon still can't field Punto still can't hit and they are playing an entire season outside for the first time. That being said, [​IMG] [​IMG] Go Twins!

p.s. You defiantly need to try and make it to the new park, its incredible.

This is hardly a problem in the AL. He is hitting this year though...and I guess if I were a twins fan I'd feel better with Delmon hitting and not fielding as opposed to Punto Hitting and not fielding.

8. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Liriano's slider was sick today... against righties lefties and anyone in the box.

[​IMG]

It is early, I know, but the Twinks look awfully good.
    Tonight's the first game at Target Field under the lights, right?

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

LOL its like that injury to lirano, kinda gave him a smack to the head and taught him how to be a pitcher. It was beautiful, (well not for JD drew - fucking nancy J.D fucking drew...) to see lirano not have the heat (anything before when he could bring it 95mph and above) and just carve up hitters by using pitch selection. on an opposite note, i Kinda wished Dice K did the exact opposite: he has a 95mph+ fastball yet he still fucking throws nibbler sliders/cutters that need to be exact or else... ah fuck it i hate doing this rant... i just wish Dice K would grow a pair and just drop the heat in the zone more often.

10. whallyden

whallyden Well-Known Member

It is early, I know, but the Twinks look awfully good.
    Tonight's the first game at Target Field under the lights, right?

Yes. I read today that many of the players are anxious to see Minnie and Paul shake hands with the benefit of darkness.

[​IMG]

11. ama

ama Well-Known Member

Yes. I read today that many of the players are anxious to see Minnie and Paul shake hands with the benefit of darkness. [​IMG]
    I saw it during the day. It was unimpressive, I thought the hands would move.

12. Steve B.

2 epic games yesterday. No- hitter. 20 innings. Lotsa high home run totals already. Aaron Hill's recipe for undetectable juice must have gotten out. [​IMG]

13. ama

ama Well-Known Member

Jason Heyward is ripping it up. Looks like a young Griffey.

14. ama

ama Well-Known Member

I'm excited about Liriano starts again. Its been a while.

Also, what the hell is going on in Chicago?! The Cubs are moving Zambrano to bullpen to be a setup guy and paying him $19 million to do it??

15. Slopho

Slopho Well-Known Member

I'm excited about Liriano starts again. Its been a while.

Also, what the hell is going on in Chicago?! The Cubs are moving Zambrano to bullpen to be a setup guy and paying him $19 million to do it??

Not that they could justify giving that much to a closer, but at least have him close. That's a lot o' dough for a 1995 Mariano Rivera.

16. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Can't believe I hadn't seen this before.

[​IMG]

17. ama

ama Well-Known Member

^ I don't get it...

18. Steve B.

^ I don't get it...

His nickname is Pudge

19. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

His nickname is Pudge
    Fail. That is Carlos Ruiz. His nickname is "Chooch", By the way. You need to pay better attention, especially when A: he doesn't look anything like Ivan Rodriguez, B: his name is plastered across his chest. I don't get the ice cream thing either.

20. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

Also, Ivan Rodruguez does not currently, nor has he ever before, played for the Phillies.