1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Mixing patterns/textures and sock choices?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by addikt, Oct 24, 2012.

1. addikt

addikt Member

Fashion novice here.

I just bought a few suits, and have been doing a bit of mixing and matching to see what I have that works. One of the suits happens to dark brown, and I'm finding it very difficult to match with.

First, would would this look work? And, is the herringbone shirt too much texture? When I put this together, I thought that the blue color looks good, but I wasn't sure if the herringbone was too busy given that the suit is striped.

Second, I haven't been able to find a matching pair of socks. What colors should I be looking for when trying to match socks with a dark brown suit?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sullivan025

sullivan025 Well-Known Member

Don't worry too much about it it's fine.