1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Milan Bespoke Shirtmakers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by brescd01, Apr 17, 2016.

1. brescd01

brescd01 Well-Known Member

I am planning a trip to Milan in October and I am trying to identify worthwhile shirtmakers and tailors to check out, more to make souvenir pieces and for the adventure than to build my wardrobe. I'm having some trouble with shirtmakers. Besides the famous Siniscalchi, I have found the following:

Anna Camiceria Dal 1960
    Camiceria Barone
    Camiceria Ambrosiana
    Camiceria Alessandra

Besides Sinischalchi's costing twice what I normally spend on bespoke shirts, he requires too many fittings for my short stay and he may not not want to make the garments I'm interested in (sahariane). Does anyone have info about these other shirtmakers?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Of all of those, the only one that I have seen the work of, and heard good reviews of, besides, is Anna Camiceria. There are some reviews on her on the forum from way back when as well, right? I think that some of the oldtimers (maybe @Manton ) have used her before, but I can't remember. Worth a quick search.

3. brescd01

Really? Are you sure you are not confabulating her with Anna Matuozo of Naples?

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Ah crap, I totally am. Well, you are back to square one. How are you these days anyway?

5. brescd01

Well I was okay now I am ruined

1 person likes this.