1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Microsoft Surface

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Douglas, Oct 22, 2012.

1. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

I think on a touch-screen tablet it might be OK, but on a large screen desktop PC? Fortunately for the moment, Win 8 still offers classic desktop mode. But if MS starts forcing it on everyone, in future versions of Windows.

2. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

Nevermind, I should read other replies before making my own.

I'll just say this, I think Android is *now* the typical Linux distro heh.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  3. chobochobo

chobochobo Well-Known Member

FWIW I've had the Surface Pro for a couple of months now and I'm certainly using it much more than Acer w700. It's good to have the touch screen, pen input and keyboard input all in one machine. The Type cover is pretty good, though sometimes the trackpad detects my palm or whatever and pings the cursor around, plus it's difficult to type with the machine on your lap - you need a good flat surface. The battery life has been fine, though not iOS/ android/RT standard. I've taken it on my travels, and it's been one of the best portables I've used. OneNote is great to jot things down and collate stuff together - though I wish the android versions could 'see' the handwritten/drawn stuff.