1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Method Analyst (Engineering) Interview - Yay or Nay outfit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by KerryT, May 29, 2013.

1. Ennius

Ennius Well-Known Member

Props to you, sir, for stepping up and taking the criticism well. I think #3 and #4 work for an engineering interview. I prefer #4 as the tie helps balance the dark suit.

Agree on replacing the new shoes if you still can. Get a basic black lace up captoe.

Also get the suit tailored if you can - especially the pants.

Its an engineer interview, right? Dont forget your pocket protector and jam at least 10 pens in it!

Longer term with your better paying new job in hand, read some of the basics for Mens dress threads and slowly build a wardrobe. There are a number of good threads that will advise on business dress - like starting with navy blue and grey suits, black lace up shoes...... But be aware you will become the best dressed engineer in the building....

2. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

#3 by a landslide.

3. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Well-Known Member

Someone has been brainwashed... Light blue would not dramatically improve vs. the white, and whether it would improve at all is subjective.

If anything, by all non-SF norms, white is the most appropriate interview shirt / business shirt color. And he is not applying to work at SF.

What do you think the derivation of "white collar" vs. "blue collar" is?

4. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

I think you misunderstood me. As I said in my post, pictures 3 and 4 (where he wore the white shirt) were his best looks. I suggested that a light blue shirt would look much better than the darker blue shirt he was wearing in the first two photos.

5. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Well-Known Member

I did suggest the PA on page 1 but he seems insistent on a lower end shoe. I agree the Kenmoor isn't the best option but any store that carries Florsheim will have that model and still better than those Kenneth Coles for about the same price. If only he will try the AE PA, he'll be on his way.

6. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Well-Known Member

Ohhh. Gotcha.