1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Met this chick and I practically screwed myself.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by polo votarient, Feb 1, 2011.

1. MasterOfReality

MasterOfReality Well-Known Member

lol lol lol

When she told you that you will have to chase her for 3 months, that should have set the alarm bells ringing. Attention seeking, cock teaser comes to my mind.

I would have dropped it instantly and have the satisfaction that she would have been annoyed that you didn't instantly bend over backwards - use a bit of reverse psychology. Girl fucking hate it when you ignore them.

2. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Well-Known Member

Your dialogue was like, the epitome of what not to do.

Basically, you came off as boring, desperate, unconfident, lacking other options, and then you made it obvious that you cared about the outcome. You want to do the opposite of all these things.

I recommend reading/listening to some of David DiAngelo's stuff as you clearly lack natural intuition in this arena.

3. fathergll

fathergll Well-Known Member

Okay a bit of a tangent...How do you guys feel about girls who come off as desperate? Does it turn you off or do you not care?
    It has nothing really to do with men or woman. Having the trait of desperation is universally a turnoff in humans. Doesn't matter if its men or woman, dating or trying to sell a car. We are wired not to respond positively to traits like that. This is a worse trait for men than woman but its a killer for either. Even hot chicks can act desperate in relationships with alpha guys (bad boys) that treat them like shit. Hell girls routinely act desperate around celebrities. If your a girl and you're trying to bang the dude from Twilight, the worse thing you can do is start screaming your head off like some desperate super-fan.

4. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

ok boys, i think we have laid into him enough...like i said in my last post, just learn the lesson and move on. The iRomeos know everything and will one day lose their virginities...but ya, just file it away as a 'don't act too needy' lesson and it'll pay for itself in the long run.

5. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Well-Known Member

OP you have no game. I'm sorry but you fucking suck, lol.

6. cmd06

cmd06 Well-Known Member

lol lol lol

When she told you that you will have to chase her for 3 months, that should have set the alarm bells ringing. Attention seeking, cock teaser comes to my mind.

I would have dropped it instantly and have the satisfaction that she would have been annoyed that you didn't instantly bend over backwards - use a bit of reverse psychology. Girl fucking hate it when you ignore them.

Agree, although I'm kind of old for the texting advice, anyone should see using smileys, texting her so soon and frequently, and diction ("sweetheart") killed it for the OP.

OP: Learn how to talk to a woman over the phone (keep it simple, short, without any awkwardness). And, you should never have asked or even suggested the topic of you chasing her.

More importantly, you need to take women off the pedestal. So what if she was pretty/the prettiest you met this month?

Go to a city like LA or New York so you get desensitized to falling for any good looking woman. Here in Austin, they're a dime a dozen.

Also, you need to be the kind of person who legitimately has other things to do so or people to meet. This way, you wouldn't be lying if you'd tell her you couldn't meet a certain day or only had so many minutes in the day to spend with her before you had to leave.

Better yourself as a man, build your career, work out, learn something new like a foreign language, etc. The older you get, the more you'll realize women mostly care about how much you make. It's programmed in them because of evolutionary psychology.

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Well-Known Member

Lots of people here have read The Game I see.

8. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

...and one day one of them went outside and actually. spoke. to. a. woman.

It was a big day.

9. pseudonym

pseudonym Well-Known Member

I said it before, and I'll say it again.

Trolls are getting good, man. A little too good.

If you're not a troll, I honestly don't know what to say. Not to be mean or anything, but have your balls dropped yet?

10. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    ...and one day one of them went outside and actually. spoke. to. a. woman.

It was a big day.

[​IMG]

11. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

Lots of people here have read The Game I see.
    Honestly. The impression I'm getting from this thread is that guys seem to think there is only ONE way to talk to girls. It's not really the case. If you're naturally confident you don't need to try and act confident. You just naturally exude it. I think that's the problem with all the PUA bullshit...It's just an act. You might initially trick some girl into thinking you're worth chasing but sooner or later she's going to realize that you're full of shit. I'm definitely not saying I'm a master of picking up chicks. I'm not. Personally though, I've had more success with just being myself than trying to put on an act. That means: self depreciating humor, lame jokes, asking girls out via text (even a first date...omg), texting more than I should, and so forth. As long as you present yourself in an attractive manner, you shouldn't have to follow a "rule book".

12. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Okay a bit of a tangent...How do you guys feel about girls who come off as desperate? Does it turn you off or do you not care?

Total turn off, ignore her.

13. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

NEVER ask a girl out through text....especially for a first date. lame sandwich.
    [​IMG] But what if a person has absolutely no ability to small talk on the phone whatsoever? I have this friend...

14. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

[​IMG] But what if a person has absolutely no ability to small talk on the phone whatsoever?

I have this friend...

Then just send a fucking text.

Text 1: What time do you work until?

(Answer)

Text 2: Great. So what time are we having dinner then?

15. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I'm definitely not saying I'm a master of picking up chicks. I'm not. Personally though, I've had more success with just being myself than trying to put on an act. That means: self depreciating humor, lame jokes, asking girls out via text (even a first date...omg), texting more than I should, and so forth.

As long as you present yourself in an attractive manner, you shouldn't have to follow a "rule book".

I am Dakota Rubeâ„¢ and I endorse this poast.

16. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

IMO there's nothing wrong with asking girls out over text. I usually do it when I'm at the gym and I want something to take my mind off the next set of squats, so I'll text randomly like "hey do you want have hot pot tomorrow night?" while I'm under the bar and then they usually reply during my rest period so it works out.

17. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Well-Known Member

If you actually texted what you posted above you came off as desperate. Smiley faces didn't help your cause, either.

think you creeped yourself out to a zero probability of getting to see her naked.

Probably not so much on the calling her sweetheart.

only read these. +10000000.

come on, man

18. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Well-Known Member

[​IMG] But what if a person has absolutely no ability to small talk on the phone whatsoever?

I have this friend...

Tagut - you're funny as hell on this site, and probably are in person too. Just pick up the phone. Seriously. My stuttering-didn't-kiss-a-girl-till-I-was-nineteen-ass can do it, you can too. I know rejection sucks, but with rejection, oddly enough, comes confidence. Just my two cents. Granted, I look like Cody Linley, but still.....

19. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Tagut - you're funny as hell on this site, and probably are in person too. Just pick up the phone. Seriously. My stuttering-didn't-kiss-a-girl-till-I-was-nineteen-ass can do it, you can too. I know rejection sucks, but with rejection, oddly enough, comes confidence. Just my two cents. Granted, I look like Cody Linley, but still.....
    +1. Also, who the hell is Cody Linley?

20. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

+1. If you really want to call then make fun of your inability to make small talk. You're funny. You can come up with something good. Self awareness is pretty endearing. And you have to just take a chance...If you get turned down you're in the same position before you asked so it doesn't really matter. To me, I put you in the same category as tomgirl. I'm not really sure you're real. You're really don't come across as being so socially awkward as being unable to snag a date.