1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Men's Skin Care

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by kapay, Jul 19, 2006.

1. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

Has anyone had any positive results while using pumpkin seed oil ? I've heard that it has a glowing effect on the skin's appearance.

I've tried numerous essential oils with varying degrees of success.; Grapeseed (tightens facial skin; easy absorption) and Coconut
    oil...(excellent moisturizer...particularly during winter months)

2. NathalieMartin

NathalieMartin Active Member

Never heard of Pumpkin oil in cleansers but it sounds gorgeous! My husband has used Kernel oil frequently before, which not only looks good but smells gorgeous! Hence the reason I buy him more ;) How did you get on with coconut oil? I'm curious because I was interested in its effects but was rather disappointed with its uses solely as a moisturiser. Another reliable essentail oil is grapeseed, which is effective for tightening the skin.

For anyone interested, I buy the male products from Temple Spa, which had just about every essential oil / spa product mix going;
    http://www.templespa.com/

3. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

I initially bough coconut oil because of the energizing effect that it has
    on the body. My interest was to use it as a pre-workout boost. I then
    heard of its skincare benefits. I haven't noticed any other benefits
    apart from moisturizing effects. If you live in a harsh,dry winter climate:
    it is almost essential. It's easy to apply and one application will last all day.
    I also use natural Shea butter...difficult to applying but very soothing
    and also a great moisturizer. Come the spring and into the fall...I will be
    using Grapeseed oil once again...As I will not need to moisturize
    as much.

From what I've read....Pumpkin seed oil gives the skin a glow;
    a brightness.

4. agp

agp Well-Known Member

I'm now using Tom Ford's facial cleanser and Kyoku's moisturizer. I used to use that non-soap gentle thing from Costco. It never foamed and it was really slippery, which I liked for a while but now I hate it. I'm against using too many products.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  5. RuffianGent

RuffianGent New Member

If using oils just for moisturizing and having a good antioxidating effect (excellent for premature aging) I suggest Agran Oil. Make sure it is cold pressed extracted (higher quality).

6. ani1319

ani1319 New Member

After washing your face with warm water, finish off with a few splashes of cold water (fair-skinned people should use cool instead of cold) to shrink the pores and tighten the facial muscles

7. jacquelep

jacquelep Member

If youre going to use pumpkin oil be very gentle with the amount you apply. I just make my skin products at home and theyre basically better than most of the crap they sell.

8. jordansmith1995

jordansmith1995 New Member

hey, i personally use natio mens products but i currently use and get all my information from a site called www.skincarejustformen.com . If you have spare time i would recommend checking it out because bro! good luck :)