1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Men's Scarves

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GQRick, Jan 24, 2005.

1. GQRick

GQRick New Member

I just purchased a wool overcoat and a cashmere scarf and realized this is my "serious" wear of a scarf. Â So I pose this question to the board, what is the proper way to wear a scarf? Â I have a general idea but it's always go to get a second opinion (or third, or fourth....) Â Thanks for the input. Â [​IMG]

2. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the temperature and what feels comfortable for you. If it's really cold out and my overcoat is fully buttoned I like to fold the scarf in half and put the loose ends through the loop and cinch in around my neck. If it's chilly or my coat is undone I just like to let it hang loosely around my neck. If it's a really thick scarf and I'm just wearing a sweater I just put the scarf on unevenly and throw the long end behind me. Hope that helps.

Aaron

3. Gatsby

Gatsby Well-Known Member

Just to add to what's been written by Aaron above, you should definitely consider what type of scarf it is (material, thickness, length, etc..). I have a thick hand-knit scarf (a present of course) which really doesn't have the length to be worn with one end loose in the front/back. However, I do have a wool Winter 04/05 Dior style super long scarf which I only wear with a loose end in front and back. Typical famous cashmere scarves (e.g., Burberry's, Johnston's, Drake's, etc.) are pretty versatile and can be worn in a variety of styles as mentioned above.