1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. danilo

danilo Well-Known Member

2. joel_954

joel_954 Well-Known Member

the classic

I just realized Sterlingwear doesn't make a navy blue Classis peacoat. Damn!

3. pontius

pontius New Member

4. joel_954

I think they do make a navy blue peacoat. The colour they have, is very dark blue, almost black.
    Check this site to see the difference between the black and blue one: http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/jalana...wear/raku.html

I'll send Sterlingwear a email.

5. jsg28

jsg28 Well-Known Member

6. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of the Buzz Rickson pea coat that Self Edge had?

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=361

ive been looking at that peacoat on their site so many times. i think it is superlative and a great choice for a peacoat. too pricey for me though im sure it is worth the price.

7. tahonng

tahonng Well-Known Member

And I think kiya's selling it for less than hist. pres. is, and they're (hist. pres, that is) charging for S/H.

8. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Well-Known Member

9. WoodyStylee

WoodyStylee Well-Known Member

I recently picked up a unconventional peacoat from INC for Macy's. It has a very tailored fit, some cool subtle stichwork on the sleeves and running down the sides, and its longer so it can be either dressed up or down. Cheap too. Quality seems pretty damn good for the price, wool isnt itchy at all.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...tegoryID=39619

10. joel_954

And I think kiya's selling it for less than hist. pres. is, and they're (hist. pres, that is) charging for S/H.

Is there a link?

11. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

12. tahonng

tahonng Well-Known Member

13. joel_954

14. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

A little shameless self-promotion:

If anyone's looking for a black 40R peacoat, I'm selling one at a very low price: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=90434

Damn. I wish that were a 42R. I'd grab it in a heartbeat.

15. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Size down for that slim fit! [​IMG]

16. Clyde099

Clyde099 Well-Known Member

17. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Well-Known Member

Thoughts on these? http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...tegoryID=15063 (and 20% off with MACYSMOBILE) I've heard good things about Andrew Marc, but I'm guessing Marc New York is some sort of "value" diffusion line? "Imported" invariably means it's made to budget somewhere in Asia, which makes me a bit skeptical. I'm leaning towards this though, unless someone dissuades me. http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family (and 30% off with HOL2008) RL's high end labels seem to be getting a lot of praise here, but the lower end like polo and rugby get nothing but flak? Still, it does seem like a good deal, attractive cut and color. No information about where it's made though, so one has to assume the worst? Sterlingwear seems nice, but I can't wait 2-4 weeks, as it's getting rather cold here and I threw away all my old winter jackets when I moved this summer, heh. On a related note: This search for a winter jacket is turning into a bit of a comedy nightmare. First I was going to get the BR car coat, but my friend overseas (who's shipping/purchasing stuff for me from the US) kept getting error messages on checkout and customer service wasn't able to help him... and then the sale ended. So instead of that, I decided to get the j.crew peacoat, but of course he picked wednesday to go out and that sale ended as well. [​IMG]

18. jsg28

jsg28 Well-Known Member

Between the two, I'd vote Polo.

19. jsg28

jsg28 Well-Known Member

I just got the 1910 Buzz Rickson Peacoat from Hist Pres. One word: AMAZING. The fit, fabrication and attention to detail is second-to-none. Well worth the investment in a piece that will never go out of style and will last for years.

What a piece!

20. Reborn

Reborn Well-Known Member

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family (and 30% off with HOL2008)

RL's high end labels seem to be getting a lot of praise here, but the lower end like polo and rugby get nothing but flak? Still, it does seem like a good deal, attractive cut and color. No information about where it's made though, so one has to assume the worst?

Sterlingwear seems nice, but I can't wait 2-4 weeks, as it's getting rather cold here and I threw away all my old winter jackets when I moved this summer, heh.

My Sterlingwear ordered on the 25th of November came in less then a week.