1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meeting with tier 1 tailor in 2 weeks for initial suit fitting, any advice to prepare

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AvariceBespoke, Jan 8, 2009.

1. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

How can you be both a sycophant and a groupie?

I was fired as a sycophant, remember? Now I'm free to join the legions of FNB devotees.

2. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Well-Known Member

It's only the London Lounge when we get to have a forum where we can post anonymous embarrassing questions. On second thoughts, I don't want to read a forum where Conne would be completely unleashed.
    When you join the inner room, you get issued one of these to go with your drapes [​IMG]

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

Now I'm free to join the legions of FNB devotees.

Legions?

I hate to correct a scholar like you, but don't you mean stoichos or enomotia? Say, 16 to 20 tops? Which then loses, and numbers about 8 while fleeing to a cave?

- B

4. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Well-Known Member

Legions? I hate to correct a scholar like you, but don't you mean stoichos or enomotia? Say, 16 to 20 tops? Which then loses, and numbers about 8 while fleeing to a cave? - B
    Call em what you like, Companion cavalry, Myrmidons, Gaesatae, praetorians, buccaneers I don't seem to have the same problems with turn over. [​IMG]

5. SirSuturesALot

SirSuturesALot Well-Known Member

It's a fine line between interesting or annoying your tailor, which is why I prefer someone who has a sense of humor to someone who is cranky.
    Does this get whipped out if you cross the line? [​IMG]

6. Despos

Despos Well-Known Member

Chris has already made me a suit. He just doesn't know that it was me. [​IMG]

I think you are confused. I don't have a ponytail.

7. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

Does this get whipped out if you cross the line?

[​IMG]

maybe this

[​IMG]

8. grimslade

Legions?

I hate to correct a scholar like you, but don't you mean stoichos or enomotia? Say, 16 to 20 tops? Which then loses, and numbers about 8 while fleeing to a cave?

- B

Don't underestimate the strength of FNB's support or supporters. Why, only tonight, I saw Manton himself, hard by FNB's redoubt--and to show how he has seen the light and freed himself from the talons of propriety, he had matched his socks to his shoes, rather than his trousers.

9. A Y

A Y Well-Known Member

maybe this

[​IMG]

But most of the time, they just do this:

[​IMG]

(Note lack of ponytail, implying lack of tier 1-osity.)

and to show how he has seen the light and freed himself from the talons of propriety, he had matched his socks to his shoes, rather than his trousers.

Did he really break free from the talons, or did you just hand him the wrong socks from the closet?

--Andre

10. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

Don't underestimate the strength of FNB's support or supporters. Why, only tonight, I saw Manton himself, hard by FNB's redoubt
    Garth Road 4ever [​IMG]

*Ahem*

Coordinated. I never "match." Except my two socks, to eachother, and my two shoes, to eachother. And, when wearing a suit, the cloth of the trousers, jacket, and vest (if applicable).

11. apropos

apropos Well-Known Member

How can you be both a sycophant and a groupie?
    Two holes my friend.

Two holes.

12. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

Does this get whipped out if you cross the line?

[​IMG]

Why is it always about cutting flesh with you?

Granted, it is more romantic than endoscopy.

- B

13. grimslade

Coordinated. I never "match." Except my two socks, to eachother, and my two shoes, to eachother. And, when wearing a suit, the cloth of the trousers, jacket, and vest (if applicable).

Go ahead--admit it. Life in Buffland, with no talons and no propriety, was good.

But most of the time, they just do this:

[​IMG]

(Note lack of ponytail, implying lack of tier 1-osity.)

Judging by the picture, it may have been recently removed, however, and perhaps not on purpose.

Did he really break free from the talons, or did you just hand him the wrong socks from the closet?

--Andre

I am definitely not taking the fall for these socks.

14. AvariceBespoke

AvariceBespoke Well-Known Member

When you join the inner room, you get issued one of these to go with your drapes [​IMG]

do you know mr. napkin head?

15. yachtie

yachtie Well-Known Member

I think you are saying I don't know much. Yachtie is my tailoring mentor and I must obey.

Tease. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Of course I was joking, but there is truth in what I am saying. I think Yachtie started out with a strong idea of what he wanted, and while the first jackets fit well, the new ones look better, and I think that has a lot to do with the fact that he trusts you, and your ability to see what was srong and right with the first ones. Length is a clear example, and it has made a huge difference. I think people would be better off taking your advice, or their tailor's advice, in the beginning, as I think it leads to better results, faster, and not only because you have seen more, but also because you have a better, more neutral way of looking at the client than he does of looking at himself.

We all have our pecularities. The show your ass stuff shown ( and oohed and aahed over) here just looks stupid.

I really wanna frock coat. [​IMG]