1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin MTO Suede Adelaide --- Thread for those ordering.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by leetpuma, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Well-Known Member

Looking good guys, I got mine too. Park looks great! Next time.. :p Olfe seems wider in the forefoot than I thought it would be, but they're not unwearable. Bit of a gamble I guess, but with the soles/nails and everything we got I'm very happy with them.

2. leetpuma

leetpuma Well-Known Member

If there is no heel slip you can always get a rubber insole to thighten things up.

and if there is heal slip you can get a tounge pad to push your foot back towards the heel

I am always of the opinion that if there is something off just fix it. I litterally went and bought an lenght of wool and made traces of my foot with it and made my own stacked wool insole that I stuck into my wolveriene 1000 mile boots. (They are as roomy as they come)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  3. Shawl Lapel

I think they're fine as-is. Just not as snug as my Ron or Hiro shoes. Maybe I'll try Park for my next Meermin purchase.

4. JARB

JARB Active Member

Took delivery today, very pleased with the shoes and the belt. My shoes is lacking the initials on the sole which I ordered. Not a big deal really, would just have been cool to have them there. Did You other guys got it..?

5. Shawl Lapel

I have them on mine.

6. Ironist

Ironist Well-Known Member

Hey nice shoes guys, sorry to intrude on your thread but I placed an order for a copper suede belt and I was how much you guys were charged for your belts and how did sizing work out? Thank you kindly.

7. leetpuma

leetpuma Well-Known Member

Bump

Does anyone that got a belt know how to size it correctly for Ironist?

8. JARB

JARB Active Member

Ironist: I use trousers with a inner waist around the belt line of 78-80 cm, real measurement and not a vanity size stated by the maker. Meermin belts in size 32"/80cm fits me perfect and I use the middle hole out of the 5 punched in the belt. If the trousers have a thicker fabric I sometimes need to let it out one hole to the second from the end. My usual belt size from other makers is also the same so I think the Meermin belts is quite "true" to size. Hopes this helps :)

9. agedashidofu

agedashidofu Well-Known Member

Always better to buy longer / bigger - and either cut or punch more holes.

10. Ironist

Ironist Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it!

11. markfjh

markfjh Well-Known Member

wow this shoe looks great!

if anyone has an Olfe 7UK that they don't want... i might be able to take them off your feet